Recommendations Protagonist who leaves his country/organisation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by NoobElite, Jun 28, 2019.

1. NoobElite

NoobElite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we have a lot of stories where a MC is treated like shit or not even noticed by clan / country / school / organisation or by a person he loves who more often than not says things like "We live in two different worlds and we do not belong together etc"
    And he often decides to stick around. I know that a lot of Chinese cultivation novels let the MC leave the family only to look down on them (Peerless Martial God) afterwards but there are just as many where MC sticks around because his parents / grandparents really love the clan (Wu Dong Qian Kun).

Are there novels where a big part of the story is about MC not being happy with how he is treated (I am not talking about a MC who thinks everything should belong to him even tough he is useless) or is really devastated after his heartbreak so he simply leaves goes to another group or whatever where he is treated much better and then gets a chance to either rub it into the old groups face or bash them for it.

1 (example of what I do not like) Wang Zhong & Carolyn in Battle Frenzy she freaking ends the "relationship" by her sending her friend to him and telling him he is not good enough for her. Her fiance (her family decided on) keeps trying to kill MC and fiance and her are in some sort of elite group of young rich assholes. MC is pretty early on stronger than her. He is smarter and has like "the talent" and is the typical "best thing since sliced bread" but no her family does not tell her to throw herself at him to get him so she does not. She even tried to get him into her clan as a tool. The country itself is also crap. They have resource shortage but have kids in schools fight against each other. They tolerate behavior of spoiled assholes etc. MC could just ditch all that and go elsewhere but no. (Yea I am salty about the relationship there deal with it)
    2 (example of what I like) Forty Millenniums of Cultivation where Li Yao goes away from the first asshole school and where he does not go to the one university because the other one treated him better even tough the one he went to had the worst reputation.

2. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    For clarification's sake, you want recommendations for novels with MCs leaving their original group?

3. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Charm of Soul Pets ... he got abducted to Island, his soul tied to the most dangerous creature.. then he get stronger and tried to escape, not literally escape from the Island's owner organization but the one who kidnapped him(cause his kidnapper is hella strong) . Cool plot, emotional-touching, no harem, strong but not that OP.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood - MC got blinded by an old beggar and was treated as trash by his clan. Dad became an asshole so MC gave up on him and never called him a father ever again. He left his clan while slapping their faces woth the money he owes for raising him and never got involved with them ever again. MC is an actually smart MC compared to the "genius" MCs that call themselves clever, he is also mad scientist but has a bottom line so he doesn't become evil.

5. NoobElite

NoobElite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but only if the group did not treat him right and he goes to another one that does.