Discussion PSO2: New Genesis

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by LivingCorpse, Jun 16, 2021.

?

PSO2: New Genesis, do you play?

1. I am a PSO2 player already, of course I play

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. I just joined the game when it launch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I only play the original PSO2

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Play it once, never going to come back again

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I haven't try it yet, maybe later

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Don't play it, don't want to as well.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. What is this stupid thing? Fortnight is the best MMO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    It came out last week, but my laptop is acting up so I just started playing it last Sunday.

My overall impression of the game so far is: Great game, poor execution.

The game itself is solid. The graphics isn't the best of next gen games, but the combination of the open world design and the graphic is pretty beautiful in my opinion.
    Gameplay wise, the combat is very fluid and has a lot of movement. The movement is smooth and your character movement felt like it has weight to it. Its definitely a step up from the original PSO2 combat that while good in itself, feel too stiff and light.
    Storywise it's alright, not an award winning material but it's not bad for an mmo. The only problem that I have with the story is that sometimes the character facial expressions and movement feel too stiff in the cutscenes. Especially for your own character, they basically just have noh mask face the whole time.

Overall, it was a fun game... But I think SEGA rushed this game before it's ready. This game clearly need more polish before it's released. The launch got delayed several times, server lagged like hell, and some bugs and glitch is still present here and there. It's not the worst launch, but it's not a smooth one either.

There's also some missing content that I expect to be there like Personal Room not present in the game. Basically, it lacks content for a 100 gb game. For now, I think this game still at open beta test stage rather than a full release. I expect things to improve for one month but we'll have to wait to see it.

In conclusion, I enjoyed the game despite it's flaws at launch. The smooth combat and very customizable character creation is perhaps one of the if not the best of all Anime MMORPG to date.

Do you also play PSO2: New Genesis? If so, what is your impression of it?

ongoingwhy likes this.
  2. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm loving it of course the only issue is the poor launch. During the worse days of lag it felt like... For every 1 hour of gameplay you get 2 hours of lag, then 1 hour of WTF is this lag... But when the game is running like its supposed to it feels great to play. I have only maxed out Fighter to 20, 15 with Force and Tech. The other classes are like 7ish. My BP is in the 1350s for fighter and im farming the hell out of vets and Mt Magnus trying to get good drops and mods.
    I can see myself grinding hundreds of hours into this game.

I joined an random alliance and they seem cool and happy to play.

Note I didn't play the original pso2 I didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to play and with a bad connection. And then when it did come out to US i didn't want to play/rush like 6 years of content into a year.

PS... did you make this post becuase the servers are down for maintenance l?

Also i created a female Cast so i approve cast masterace.

LivingCorpse likes this.
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey at least they hold their weapons with their palms now instead of straight palming it.

LivingCorpse likes this.
  4. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I just have nothing to do at work so I thought I'll see who else playing this game in this forum.
    Not if you still uses Original PSO2 parts/outfit.