Discussion Psychedelics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I was never interested in drugs, I never even smoked.
    I am watching Joe Rogan so would just like to confirm whether this is his kool aid or not.
    The hallucigenic mushrooms(not sure the name) and iowaska. His guests talk how they restore neuron connections and improve memory, even change people's perspective on life.

The mushroom guy is Paul Stamets who advocates medical use of mushrooms and despises the negative connecations and ban it got due to being used for partying. Oh and for spirituality.
    He mentioned Lion's Mane as a legal mushroom that improves memory, prevents dementia which we all get more or less.

Is this just another thing that you can see every now and then as some exotic food that will greatly improve your health, and then you try it but it doesn't?
    Was anyone mentally changed for the better by moderate consumation of these?

Why do people see geometric shapes when on psychedelics?

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google Huxley's experiments with mescaline and how they opened up for him "The Doors of Perception", so to speak, and his recommendation of psychotropic drugs for the "supernaturally brilliant" visionary experiences — an alternative enlightenment, purportedly, the perception of "the divine source of all existence" in all objects — they offered to those with open minds and sound livers. He also dabbled in the Dao and Indian mysticism.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    Jojo775 likes this.
  3. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't fk with anything that can affect my clear consciousness.
    There's a recent Netflix documentary on this same subject though. Maybe check it out.

Jojo775 likes this.
  4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    A wise man once told me

"Joe Rogan is the Kim Kardashian of middle age white men"

While I honestly loved some of his shows, with Neil, Michio and all but his usual ones are...ehmm

Psychedelics are actually medically prescribed for certain conditions, like PTSD for example.

But they are really addictive drugs, if not strictly monitored you could grow dependent on it and be much worse than you started off.

The most I can suggest if you want to experience this is too really visit some research teams that are in need of "volunteers"

I saw a Vsauce series episode where goes to this Panama jungle tribe to get a psychedelic trip. Now that is whole another level, just the atmosphere that is created is enough to trip you up, add drugs and that little mischief brain will cook up scary sh*ts that will scar you for life.

Our mind is literally the painter of our reality, f**k with it and it will f**k with you real bad.

5. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless they are talking about specific scientific research, like papers they wrote, I'd beware survivor bias. It's quite possible something is fine, but equally possible that the actual small minority that it works for is the vocal group.

Rogan's also one of the people out there promoting how helpful weed is, but every single regular user that I've known personally is messed up mentally. That doesn't mean it's not safe for healthy people, but apparently I just don't meet those people.