Spoiler Psychic (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Autumn Leaves, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this novel just few weeks in Chrysanthemums Garden and I can’t wait to find out the whole story. I just noticed that this novel doesn’t have a spoiler thread so I made one. Can someone, who finished this story graced us the spoilers?

TITLE: Psychic

Authors:
    Casanovanic Bookworm
    Feng Liu Shu Dai
    風流書呆
    风流书呆

Description:
    Have you heard? There’s a certain kind of person in this world, who, even without any substantial contact, and with just a flash of thought, can discern a lot.

Their eyes have the ability to penetrate through to the past, to clarify the present and to break the veil of the future. They can see what you see through your eyes, smell what you smell through your nose, taste what you taste through your tongue, and can even perceive what you think through your heart.

This kind of a person is called—a psychic.

A story about the awakening of a ‘guabi’, who is merely plodding through life, from his deep slumber. (*guabi, a slang term, meaning ‘dead idiot’ = people who are penniless and jobless)

So as far as what I’ve read:
    So the MC is called Fan Jialou and he is diagnosed of DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder). So fake main MC thought he was the real one and decided to eat up all of the other identities. While killing off the others, he saw a body in the lake sleeping (note: the fake main MC is asleep during the whole process of killing the identities, so this happens in his mind), he tried to eat up that “person” but was killed off instead after revealing that those so-called identities that he killed were not really identities and that he is not actually suffering from DID but rather, those were ghosts that took the body because that body is only the MEDIUM. The true MC then overtook the body. Actually the body that MC uses, for what have I understood is already a dead body? That’s the reason why he always sleeps in the bath tub filled with Ice. And also, he does not eat, he just drink water that becomes black( it became black because it collects negativity)

As for the possible ML there were 4 guys mentioned;
    The Psychologist
    The Police Officer
    The Businessman with Bad Luck
    The MC’s boss in the entertainment company

2. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binged/skimmed it to ch 100
    It's focused more on the mystery/psychology. The author dabbles into physics and metaphysics; I look forward to CG's translations to those parts because whew.

There's not much romance, but quite a lot of character growth. Minor characters aren't one- or two-dimensional. Psychological parts are written well. All in all, I'm probably going to binge to the end because it's a pretty good story.

Not much romance so don't get your hopes up.

3. Autumn Leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any antagonists? And who is the ML?

4. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of 107, there really isn't an antagonist. There are multiple villains/bad guys that come and go, but I wouldn't call them antagonists as their crimes aren't specifically aimed towards the MC. The story is more like a classic noir with supernatural elements.

No ML as of 107, but the most screentime is the
    : Psychologist has a psychopathic disposition. I'd say he's haphephobic but it's not really a fear, just a strong dislike of being touched/touching another person. He disdains the world and sees himself as the lone man on top -- as MC describes it, "Ninety-nine percent of the world’s people are trash to you, and the rest are objects you can observe and play with". MC also describes his heart as an abyss during their first meeting. This is revisited multiple times in their interactions together.

Psychologist actually also despises himself and self-flagellates to remind himself not to fall into temptation. Coupled with his high IQ, he often plans the perfect crime in his mind -- how would he capture the victim without getting caught, how would he torture the victim, etc -- glimpses of his dark mind are revealed through other spiritualists that are introduced later. Psychologist is more than capable of becoming a serial killer, especially with his ties to the police and his ability to fool other psychologists.

Throughout the story, MC slowly starts "healing" the Psychologist throughout their interactions. With one sentence, the MC was able to appease the Psychologist to stop him from self-flagellating. MC gives hope to the Psychologist by telling him that the abyss has a weak star shining through. Later, Psychologist starts actually smiling and will show goodwill towards the MC. Interactions with others are starting to become more human, kinda (he'll still wipe his hands after touching someone, but at least he makes the attempt to do so).

Psychologist is also showing possessiveness towards MC around this time (e.g. MC tries to wipe the tears of another spiritualist but Psychologist hands her a tissue and basically orders her to wipe her face herself lol. Other spiritualist can feel Psychologist's animosity and hides behind MC).

Other characters you mentioned don't have a lot of screentime, so my bet is Psychologist. Unless it becomes harem, but I doubt that.

5. Autumn Leaves

Reading List:
    Link

Oh my god I cannot believe that he have the most screentime. Because you see, in the chapters 15 onwards they both don’t click the first time they met and interact. I was hoping for the police officer but he was kinda off the moment they met so my ship sunk the moment they meet

Xi-hime and XD like this.
  6. Jadeite524

Jadeite524 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of a more dark story and it seems like a breakthrough for the author. Although from the end notes of the story the author wrote this when she lost someone dear and this story give u the feeling of falling into dark and then light at the end. (Just my personal opinion)
    ML is the psychologist.

The story is like a series of stories but there is actually a underlying current under it. MC is part of a sect who practice modern ‘taoism’ and MC is kind of able to foresee the future. So he plotted to let his younger sect sister and another person to ‘kill’ him and they both got great powers. This happen a few hundred years ago. The guy use it for bad - he is behind some of the events - like the singer and will appear later. The sister though used it for ‘good’ but when she heal someone she is harming someone else and it actually resulted in bad karma - some of those people with special powers is due to her past actions. The sister ‘died’ but their master actually used forbidden art to resurrect her without her memories. The sister is ‘not bad’ to say as in the end she also sacrificed herself with MC to ‘heal’ all the wrong that have been done. Their master is ‘bad’ as he was going to sacrifice innocent for power and is one of the thing MC foresee and tried to stop.

All these happen because someone want to be a ‘god’ but the world cannot agree or bear the burden of a human god which will destroy all so MC plot all these to stop them. He get stronger as he absorb more darkness and he used it to help a dragon to ascend (which is allowed). MC used the last of his powers to resurrect the young boy (MC is already a god but to prevent damage to the world he has been letting his real body sleeping and he is moving around in soul form). MC expected to die but he is allowed a second chance with ML.

This is one of the most ‘unromantic’ story from the author as MC and ML are cool headed person but they do let each other know they care for each person. ML even know later about MC unusual status - as MC is inhibiting a ‘dead’ body that is why he has the same requirement as the boy corpse he raised. But i have to say it is interesting and memorable story although a lot darker than most i normally read

7. Autumn Leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoiler! I like how different this story is from other BL. Although you said this is unromantic novel, are there any moments with the Mc and ML maybe kissing or any ambiguous actions?

8. Jadeite524

Jadeite524 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ambiguous a lot. ML is really a cool person although he was really affected when he though MC is gone. So he took it upon himself to raise the boy. The romance is like a slow melting of ice berg and u can feel them getting closer as the ice melts. Quite different from her other books that I have read where the romance is quite fiery.

9. Autumn Leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very muchhhhhh

10. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMFG the feels T_T
    So throughout the story, there have been fantastical things happening that can't be explained by science. This is the story of Liu Zhao.

Liu Zhao is an actor in the same company as MC. He's super popular, film emperor, etc etc. He's been semi-retired for the past few years and was working on business and etc. He's very low-key, is known for his grace and gentlemanly bearing, etc etc and is highly praised for him and his wife's relationship (10 years married, no black spots, super loyal husband, the works).

One day, he wakes up with a different face. He and his gardener traded appearances.

Long story short, the gardener takes the actor's place and the actor is charged with breaking and entering, theft, assault, etc. The worst part is that Lin Zhao's wife is the one filing the charges against him.

The Lin Zhao has an agent that has stayed with him through thick and thin for 15 years. The agent, Dong Qin, has basically loved him for many years now. She's been standing behind him pushing him to greatness. She's basically the reason why Lin Zhao's career went so smoothly. She was the one who made him. And she loves him.

She knew from the get-go that the gardener was not Lin Zhao. She also believed Lin Zhao despite LZ having a different face. And she kept fighting for LZ after she found him again.

The wife, whom LZ was super loyal to, knew that the gardener was a fake, but still tried to push LZ to go to prison in order to take advantage of the gardener and get all the money. She was able to forge LZ's signature and use the gardener's fingerprints to sign documents. Dong Qin knew from way before that LZ's wife was a green tea bitch and tried telling LZ, but LZ kept believing that Dong Qin was jealous and wouldn't believe her. This episode just shattered the illusion LZ's wife was weaving and woke LZ up. LZ finds out that he actually does love Dong Qin this whole time.

A few chapters later, we find out that LZ and the gardener only changed appearances, not bodies. The birthmarks, DNA, and fingerprints are all evidence to show that LZ is LZ and the gardener is the gardener. HA! to bitch wife.

With the help of Song Rui (the psychiatrist and definitely the ML), Lin Zhao and Dong Qin have a strong case. Basically, they'll be accusing LZ's wife of drugging LZ, getting him and the gardener to do plastic surgery to switch faces, etc etc. Some ridiculous dog blood drama. It was going to be amazing! LZ is resolved to get through this and start a new life together with Dong Qin after divorcing his wife and sending her to jail.

Unfortunately, LZ's wife got LZ's mother and the shareholders of LZ's new company to convince LZ that he cannot let the public know he and the gardener switched faces. Their main argument is that doing so would harm the company and ruin the lives of the people they hired etc. The reality is that everyone cares about their money and they don't want their company to lose money. They want to settle everything behind the scenes, let the gardener take LZ's face, and LZ become the gardener.

Dong Qin is super against this and tries to fight for LZ. She even goes against LZ's mother (again, apparently, because this isn't the first time she argued with LZ's mother). And LZ defends his mother (again, apparently, because this isn't the first time LZ takes his mother's side even though his mother is 100% wrong). Dong Qin is hurt. During this time she realizes something.

She's always fighting for LZ and shielding LZ behind her, but when she defends LZ from his mother or his wife, LZ is the one shooting her from behind.

Her heart is broken and she gives up on him.

The resolution of the settlement is secondary her. What I really want to focus on is LZ and Dong Qin. Dong Qin returns all the shares of the company to LZ.
    LZ is worried.
    Dong Qin stops looking at him and stands aloof during the proceedings.
    LZ starts to panic.
    When everything is done, he talks to Dong Qin about acting again. Dong Qin gives LZ the business card of another agent. She finally breaks it off with him.
    LZ finally gets it. He finally realizes he lost Dong Qin. He's surrounded by people who only want to gain from him. Even his mother doesn't care about his feelings and only cares about profits. He can't even call himself Lin Zhao anymore because he agreed to settle everything behind the scenes.

And all I can say is this:
    YOU FUCKING DESERVE IT YOU ASSHOLE! YOU KNEW SHE LOVED YOU AND YOU CHOSE THE GREEN TEA BITCH BUT STILL KEPT HER AROUND BECAUSE SHE WAS AN AMAZING AGENT AND WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. YOU ASSHOLE. GO LIVE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT HER. YOU DON'T DESERVE HER!

This quote:
    Dong Qin forgot to cry and murmured unconsciously: "Since he can please everyone, why can't he please me?"

Song Rui smiled lightly: "Because only your love for him is unconditional, so he doesn't need to please you."

Dong Qin you deserve soo much better T_T

Ok that's all for my rant. God this novel has so many ups and downs. I'm giving myself a headache reading this nonstop but I really can't stop reading.

11. Emma401

Emma401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know who is the shou and the gong ???

12. Autumn Leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I read this part! At first I really LZ cuz he’s kind and down to earth kind of guy but after some chapters, I’m so pissed of how weak he is! Like DQ already did so much for him and now it’s his time to repay her by fighting for what is his! But he keeps on listening to his gold digger mother and wife. I also hate the way he shouts at DQ when the latter defend him from his mother! It’s not even her fault at all. Serves him right!

ellieedeean and Xi-hime like this.
  13. Autumn Leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    As for the Gong and Shou, it seems like it was not explicitly mentioned since there’s no skin ships happening but for me I thing Song Rui is the Gong and Fan Jialou is the Shou. I based this on their personality but they could be reverse.

Emma401 likes this.
  14. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil about Fan kaiXuan? Why does the MC say he shouldn’t have existed?

Irisia and RiannNeko like this.
  15. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I used MTL so beware
    So FKX was born from his mother's thoughts. She was the father's mistress and once the wife died, she became greedy and jealous and wished and wished and wished for a child to be born. By then I think their relationship had broken, but suddenly one day she wakes up with a swollen stomach. The hospital declares pregnancy and she is really shocked/ scared/ surprised. FKX is born and she continues to hide him, wanting to see how he grows up afterall this is some supernatural shit. FKX is pitiful coz his ONLY reason for existence is by being controlled by her since he is literally a 'meat' off her flesh born solely by her thoughts to come up higher in the world. So from a young age he has been working (like when he was 7/8 years old QAQ) and giving 100% of his earnings to his mother. Not leaving penny to self. But the mother is a gambler, she keeps loosing money until he is forced to quit school and even goes as far as selling his body or drugs (or both not sure about this part). The horrifying thing is that over the years, he has NEVER though of denying her or even an iota of negative emotion towards her coz SHE IS IN CONTROL. Later he grows up to look just like the father (obviously coz she WISHED him to) and that's when she decides to call the father out. By now, the wife is dead and the father's only son is adopted and let's be honest an arrogant asshat. Obviously he will welcome the beautiful mistress with the extremely brilliant/ capable son who looks just like him. So they get married, he announces his 'biological' son's existence, kicks out the adopted useless one and all's well.

Except.

The mistress knows FKX's existence is abnormal/ weird. She knows that DNA testing will prove he is NOT the dad's son even tho he looks like him. In fact DNA will even prove that FKX is NOT the mistress' son coz HE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE EXISTED. He is not born of two people. He is born of thoughts brought by that weird locket/small thing that's inside the mother that MC keeps taking out from the other villains.

Mother gets pregnant-this time the old-fashioned way. And now that she has a smart, cute little toddler she is even more upset with FKX's existence.

SHE CONTROLS HIS EXISTENCE.

Now that he has become a thorn in her eyes, she naturally starts harbouring resentment against him. And in response, his body starts breaking down.

In the hospital, he keeps dying (aka heart beat stops, brain waves stop etc) and then reviving again coz his mother swings him like a pendulum. She is not doing this deliberately. She doesn't understand that she has been exerting control over him subconsciously but her emotions are all over the place. She essentially does not want him to exist - she wants the wealth of the family to go to the 'real' baby boy. So his body keeps declining. Unfortunately for her, all the assets he formed on his own are in his name. So she needs him to sign the will giving her all his assets.

The only thing standing between himself and death is that signature. Once he signs that will, she will let go of all her fears and even feel relieved since she will get his assets + he will die. She will feel bad coz her 'son' died but his abnormal birth and existence will be written off quietly.

Fortunately, MC + ML rush over along with FKX's closest friend (who has also had a terrible crush on him for YEARS) and MC explains everything to the mother.

Fortunately, the mother is greedy and selfish but not inherently evil. Even though she held resentment in her heart against FKX, she doesn't want him to die. She doesn't want to be the cause of his death. That's why she shouts out loud that she wants FKX to live. MC grabs that little thingy and then passes it on to the best friend who has loved FKX forever and tells him to quickly wish for FKX's long life. He wishes that FKX live long and happy and healthy and freely (this is important coz FKX has realised now how he was being inadvertently controlled by his mother) and that little thing fulfills his wish and then he leaves.

Later on, FKX meets and talks with MC and asks why he feels empty since the day the best friend left after wishing in the hospital. MC asks ML who then says the best friend knows FKX very well and also that FKX hates being controlled. Rather than wait around while FKX feels obliged to be with him in return for saving his life, he decides to give full freedom to FKX. FKX realises he loves the best friend and rushed away.

Later on, he sends a photo of the two of them to MC and MC can feel the love between the two.

16. Nyannyan

Nyannyan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask
    1. In which chapter did the Ml and MC got together?
    2. In which chapter is the first kiss?
    3. Who falls in love first.
    4. How does their romace develope?