Question Pursuing Immortality. Dropped?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by IICreation, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So recently went back to reading pursuing immortality and i just discovered that the last chapter was posted 3 months ago. So has webnovel dropped the novel? or has the translator met with real life issues?

2. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    read comments on the chapter..
    I dont think there is any way for translator to leave a note (maybe in forum) that hes leaving so youre quess is as good as everybody else

3. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if it's the reason why, but around the start of the year QI decided to kick (most?) individual translators and transition to hiring groups only. I think PI had an individual translating ... SophiaX? Source: I read about it in a translator's comment under a chapter of It's Not Easy to Be a Man After Travelling to the Future.

Several novels didn't get updates anymore for some time afterwards. While the popular ones picked back up, albeit slower sometimes, PI did not get any new translated chapters yet. :sweating_profusely:

Just another chapter in the subpar communication and PR record of QI. I estimate they give [0,0.1] fucks about novels like PI or MAM.

4. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp thats a shame honestly. PI was somewhat high on the rankings wasnt it? not to mention the story itself had great worldbuilding

5. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good novel.:(
    R.I.P.

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian likely views this novel as having value.
    The fact that it already has many chapters translated under their banner and a fanbase that by accounts here is not low for the site, is a big plus for it.

Qidian has in the past given projects with large followings and many already released chapters to some very inexperienced translators to helm. I expect the same thing to happen here.
    They will likely find no one half-way decent or with much if any real experience, so after a period of searching they will begin see this project as a lost source of revenue. They see it like that now but it isn't an issue yet...
    Based on their past operations their mindset if most likely the same as many of the least liked corporations in the world.
    "We have something sitting here that we own and it isn't making us Money. We could wait a unknown amount of time to give this thing the care it needs and get the best return... but who knows when that may happen so let's push it out now however we have to so it makes some money."

If this were some barely started project it'd be different, but this novel has had a substantial amount of time invested into it and presumably money aswell given royalties (Chump Change i know but still), translator & editor payout plus all the back end costs covering the site, other non-translating/editing staff that the novel must help lift the weight for.

Given all this i would be immensely surprised to see if this remained dropped and Qidian did not give it life again. Even if it is of a poor translation quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.