Discussion Qidian Already Making Bad Changes on The Site (Mod edit: Qidian adds 3 second timer)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by etloth, Jul 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godofabc

godofabc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree with you.

Now, to those people who use adblockers.

Let's remove off all ads and any way of earning income for translators translating novels, and draft an international law stating that all translators are slaves and should work for free, because why not? It's for the reader's benefit, that's why. Translators should be locked in cells to go with that too, and if they don't meet their daily quota, they deserve some form of punishment- some butt fcking by the more vicious criminals there.

What? Translators spent hard work and effort, utilizing their free time to translate, and we should appreciate their time taken for that?

What? Almost every online platform, YouTube, Online news, mobile gaming apps, so on and forth, have ads within? Even your phone's file explorer? Don't you dare compare those to translating! Translating is expected, it's supposed to be done without any appreciation! Translators are our servants!

Now, I expect this post of mine to garnier all the likes and upvotes of those who hate ads and always use adblockers. Why use ads? Translators are our slaves to do our bidding! It's the law of society!

2. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use adblocker on any site that uses ad fly or link buck redirection ads because those always lead me to ads that cannot be closed. As for other ads I am okay with it since commercials on TV channels are the same thing I watch those so meh. Ads are okay as long as they not intrusive and endless. I think some regions should just have adblock on though cause some poorer countries have ad companies that give you like 500 or so at a time when you visit WXW.

Night Ghost likes this.
  3. piday

piday Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how would the paywall (if implemented) work? Is the entire novel paywalled? Or something like, what's free in the raw is free in the translated version, and what's paywalled in the raw is also paywalled on QI?
    From what I gather from this thread it looks like the former, but that's a stupid way to do a paywall.

4. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the answer is
    There is no answer to your question, other than Qidian, nobody knows!:p

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm those who put addblock always on 8549.png.jpg still I think your argument kinda like whiny kids~
    really~

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You know... I'm a translator, and I really appreciate it when people browse my site with ad blocker off...

Does that mean I turn my ad blocker off on sites that the ads make my PC lag or that the ads get in my way?

Of course not. I have ad blocker on on Youtube, WW, and any other site that annoys me with their ads, and I know perfectly well how important ads are for getting money.

It's just that I don't care about the money of others more than I care about my own enjoyment when browsing, if the ad is non-intrusive, I'll let the ad blocker off... If the ad gets in my way, ad blocker on. As simple as that.

If ad blocker wasn't a thing, the only way to not get bothered by bothersome ads, would be to not visit the sites at all... I'd rather visit WW with ad blocker on, than not visiting at all... And well, I won't visit a site that crashes my firefox, so... *shrugs*

Astaroth likes this.
  7. tytania

tytania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it is ads i want it about novels or something not some random dude showing of his abs and let you buy the product

AliceShiki and nielyti like this.
  8. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Arguments from someone who doesn't even realize the negative side of advertisements.

9. tytania

tytania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, the ad revenue only comes if the ads are seen, so if your ad blocks them from appearing on your screen, it doesn't become revenue for the site owner.

11. whatswrongwithyou

whatswrongwithyou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahah thanks dude for backing me up! and when did I say its pay per day as long as you create the acc? I only said that when a post like this appears then thats the time they get to work and get payed.. its not like something like this doesn't happen before... and dude if some one out there tells all of you to fuck off and we're in the wrong with out even listening to your opinion... and he even localized it not a specific while your just stating your opinion.. ain't that a humiliation itself? it may not affect you as you stand on his side but us? who'se only stating facts? shit!!..
    and see he even said that if some work like that appear he's sure to take that... truly shameless people..
    RO BLADE use your mind sometimes.. if thats not enough listen to the opinions of the elders around you.
    and someone there who said that my post has more gramatical error than QI.. oh please I'm using Cp and have no time like you to check if I type the words correctly... oh truly people this days.

12. Devshard

Devshard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a good example of why auto-erotic asphyxiation is dangerous. Always use the buddy system.

13. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything is fine for me as long as it's not paywall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.