News Qidian International Website 1.0 and Android App are available now!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Apr 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crisapx

crisapx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found the e-mail about this and it was on my spam box, is there anyway to know If I previously got a e-mail with a code and it was deleted after being left in the spam box?

2. GM888

GM888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good to see you guys expanding internationally. Need a code for the app and that long list of permissions looks fishy. Why do you need access to stuff that only system apps or root apps do? I guess people in China are conditioned not to think about that kinda issues but this will seriously impact the way you conduct business elsewhere.

3. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally got a code from the recent chapters.

4. GodxOfxDeath

GodxOfxDeath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the code is for the app to read chapters offline

5. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure why the retarded starve tactics, - was it to pull in more likes?

I mean, it's a software. Not a hardware. How can you justify an invite system for software, creating an artificial choke point? For what reason?

Next,

The permissions as well. Did nobody notice the right in your face data mining and intrusion of privacy?

6. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have to agree with this they are asking for to much info and data thats not needed like call logs and numbers on your phone , i did a test install and if you don't give it FULL permissions the app jams up as i can't see any reason as to give them my call log's from my phone or my contacts list as i use my phone for work etc
    they need to tweak the amount of info asked for,
    i know this is a Ver 1 of the app and it may have been done by mistake but if it stays like the above then i'll not be using it and just use my web browser and just use favuoters for each one i read
    and its a great pity as i was liking forwards in to trying to get a code

7. Pleasefilter

Pleasefilter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine to be polite because this is version 1 but you gotta be realistic. The chances of this violation being unintentional are very low. And @Qidian has certainly seen these posts but chosen to ignore them.

8. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with you that if they ignore it ,but they may get in to trouble after a few complaints to google ( as i did think google changed their rules on apps over data mining info ) etc and also the Facebook post's not that i've already left one moaning about this already lol
    why use the app when a your phones browsers can do the job by just hit the save to favorites, and Firefox has reading mode etc
    hopefully they will do the right thing as i'd hate to see it fail due to them thinking their just get a way with it

9. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian
    please can you explain why you want call/ phone log access on the app when you don't in anyway need them,
    even on google's play store as i've just had a look and people have started to make comments about this as for a reason a reading/Book app ins to be able to make and look at call logs and numbers (also mostly the lack of codes more at the sec)
    i'm hoping this is a " basic " mistake as i think your going against some of googles policy's by asking for far to much access to peoples phones
    it would be a great pity as i really want this app + code or open beta to support you as i think your sites great,

but your app if it's not fixed i'll never be installing your app as it is just data mining info

10. Pleasefilter

Pleasefilter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, @Qidian can't get into trouble with Google over this at all. There's no policy there. The only way to force them to change is to call attention to their actions.

This community is full of young and undereducated people who don't even know they are Qidian's prey right now. They just want their codes. This thread should continue to get bumped, more people should post on Reddit, tell people in comments. Though most of those trash gacha games are happy to take all your data and sell it as well, so who knows if they'll care?

11. jw287962

jw287962 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well shyt. God damn!!! lol. i have iphone ~ although I have used androids. Both are good phones. I just use iphone now cause gift. xD not against androids ~ so i didn't fall prey

Pizz0011 likes this.
  12. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    last year google did make some changes about dev's data mining , on a few times oddly one of them was to do with uber services so you never know but your main point is 1000% right its give me code moment and sod the rest problem more but due to the type of reading matter / story-lines they my do something or at least take note

nice for once were not having a fanboy war :) to those is better (or bigger) but you may be better off with a iphone due to its enclosed eco system for app's..( and i can't believe i just said something nice about apple for 1st time in 5 years lol)

13. Redd87

Redd87 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And.. i'm still haven't got any pass. Lol

14. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    i like their reading format, but i hate this invite shit and i can't even post a comment when i see typo or the chapter number uploaded is wrong, or when there is an error. there is no where to post it's fking frustrating.

Deleted member 37987 likes this.
  15. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian : i want to report that the translator for "abandoned strongest son" told readers to copy and paste the chinese character into google if we want to know what pang feng looks like,

but it felt like a troll, because we can't even select the words to be copy pasted, because its been disabled in the reading,

so my suggestion is, to insert the info into the end of the chapter, instead of telling reader to copy paste character into google, while it isn't possible to do that......

even if its a picture, to put it there at the end of the chapters, because i am curious what pang feng looks like, i think its chapter 40 something, 44 if i'm not mistaken....

16. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian any chance of replying to this thread and also the growing comments on the google pages about why your data-mining people's phones as the 1 star count is slowly getting higher on it ( and for once not due to the i haven't got a code comments)
    your starting off badly here and losing face and that is a huge pity

and you are in the forums today as i've noted your posting times etc so please don't just blank this matter as i'd love to plug this app for you and help spead it to others but not at the cost of my phones info

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  17. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read this
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/qidians-suspicious-app.33615/

18. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bad news for iphone user..

19. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    I thank you for the link
    but it doesn't answer the question in anyway as your app needs call info etc offline and rebooting info yes as thats need for wifi / online syncing etc ,
    your app is asking for to much info it's as if the devs didn't bother to read googles use ages policy and i did happen to check that myself today

i'm glad you commented this should be changed for v1.1 as i or anyone who know anything about IT would install your app at the moment as it is ,
    i do hope you do make the changes as i'd be help to post and twitter the hell out of the app and get others to use it but until then unhappliy its not goinmg anywhere near my phones or tablets or units i sell to people
    ( yes i do own a pc company thats why i'm upset )

but i do thank you for the reply :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  20. Casul Reader

Casul Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great job~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.