Discussion Qidian Plagiarism (How many can we find?)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SwiftC, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That a big fat lie..If u know this Star Hunter. It Original Image was from WarHammer 40k.

Now It was change to FF7 Vincent. No Matter how much you try to LOWER the Quality Art cover any FF7 gamer would easily notice that Vincent.
    [​IMG]

Im pretty sure you have no license on FF7 Vincent Art Cover. Square Enix would never sell any license to Qidian.. That easy money there for Square Enix just sue your company.
    [​IMG]

If Square Enix Sue something like this for being Similar. What make you think yours not going to be Sued by SE for having 100% Identical.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    contacting a single artist won't shake any 'major corporation(s').

But having multiple complaints piled into a mass of lawsuits? It works.

Except, even if they win, would Qi ever compensate. And if they do, how?

Solve these two questions, then start working on the class lawsuit . WHo knows if it works?

3. grassporridge2017

grassporridge2017 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is from eve online odyssey. The second image is from the steam community market.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

SwiftC likes this.
  4. SwiftC

SwiftC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian
    While yes, I've come across a few images that were from a stock pack, most of them aren't. Just because QI bought a few, they claim they own all of them... hmmmm that sounds familiar. Does QI own everything they touch?

Like someone has said in a previous post, big 5 publishing companies, and multi-million-dollar game companies make their own art. And I would like to bet that it's almost impossible to "get a license" to use their images. I mean, Capcom? WoW? Come on... let's be reasonable.

5. ebelek

ebelek Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "In Different World with Naruto System" ahem right paid for the rights to use naruto name and earned money right :sneaky::sneaky:

Fulminata likes this.
  6. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you go on imgur or something and get someone to draw a cover for you? There are lot's of amazing artists who would take money to draw something of your specifications.

7. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @SwiftC

Paradise of Demons and Gods also

Image from NU [​IMG]

original is "Prince of Thorns Book by Mark Lawrence"
    [​IMG]

Fulminata likes this.
  8. Darksshades

Darksshades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this is old but it seems even er gen novels do it <o>. China is really unbeliavable.

[​IMG]
    Original is from a music album cover.
    [​IMG]

9. catatopatch

catatopatch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, the irony of the phrase " Don't play people for a fool"

10. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already immune to this shit...

11. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mech one from the first post is on shutterstock, the guy has a note on the comment about it. Now I don't know if the license allows them to actually use it as a cover commercially. There is several copyright types for art such as stock, advertisement, and complete use ownership. Since it is Qidian plus the site it was probably stock with limited to no commercial use. When I sell rights to my images I check what they are using it for and make them sign a contract that limits to that usage only. If it is Commercial use I even charge 3-4 times the normal price (profit sharing 9 times out of 10 end with the artist getting the shaft so it is better to get a lump sum) with big projects switching to a high hourly pay with a bunch of credits added to make sure people know I worked on it. I even have my name on some novels I did the art for next to the author.

12. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This does seem a bit lazy. You can get a decent cover image for commercial use from some folks in fiverr. :blobpopcorn:

13. solrial

solrial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SwiftC and ongoingwhy like this.
  14. Aeiddius

Aeiddius Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is why a lot of the time, art covers don't match the story. lol.

99 others and SwiftC like this.
  15. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't understand why they steal so much. I know for a fact Chinese got some amazing artist. They can hire a group of people and let them be in charge of covers but I guess they want to be cheap.

FlameE likes this.
  16. Darksshades

Darksshades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, I had not found that. It's a little better i guess. This reminds me of those crappy games make entirely with brought generic assets but at least this looks good.

The strange thing is that some novels have so many original art to it.I shall seel the heavens have art for basically every character and monster in it. Altough that can maybe attributed to the mobile game of it. But even so, it shows that china has artists, they should invest in themselfs a little more.

17. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same man, from time to time i visit 17k just too see those amazing cover arts there, even though i don't understand a thing of chinese.

18. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A good cover can cost from $500 to $1000. Lowest I've been paid for a cover that only took a few days to make was $600. Qidian is more about quantity instead of quality so they won't invest in covers since the price tag could reach tens of millions of dollars to put on each novel and some novels will have extra covers for different arcs or volumes.

Chinese also view art as a valid profession same with Japanese and Koreans so underpaying an artist doesn't happen often. A few of my friends even do contracts all over Asia a lot because the pay is good. Some of the bigger projects I did originated out of Asia and they didn't so much as blink when my bid was high.

Zhugenaut and asriu like this.
  19. Zi Ye

Zi Ye New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'know the name of the author of Epoch of Twilight just makes this even more ironic

20. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    So people are now attacking Qi? People just chopped the image they found on the internet to make their own profile pic all the time ( Many author in RRL also did it with their cover. ), but only Qi is wrong for their doing?
    Double standard everywhere I guess?:facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.