Resolved QT BL Novel about Divorced Straight Seme

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nom de Plume, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure if it has a translation yet and I can only vaguely recall the first arc. The MC has a system and a mission in each world related to the (male) love interest. One or both of them might be cannon fodder in the original plot.

What I do remember is
    that the MC was a research buff in his previous world and died of old age after dedicating his life to science. He transmigrates into a ‘younger’ middle aged professor(?). He has a strong sense of responsibility once he finds himself married in the first arc, only to be deeply betrayed by his (female) wife and infected with aids via a syringe. Luckily his previous life research was related to aids. He gathers some assistants and starts working on a cure. One of his assistants is the (male) love interest and they eventually get together, most likely due to the machinations of the previous wife. I think she forced the divorce by framing her original husband as gay or a cheater while she was the true adulterer? She did all of this with the help of her love interest, the MC’s greatest enemy and rival professor/CEO. I think they live to old age together and MC is a bit devastated to move onto the next mission/world. Don’t know what the system reveals to MC, but I think it was clear as a reader that this is a 1v1 HE.

I don’t remember much of the follow up arcs, but the MC came to accept his love and attraction for the younger man. He almost always has a rather substantial age gap with the love interest. He also unlocks a new research direction for each new world. His is normal or even low key in most aspects as a character, but outright Gary Stu when it comes to professional knowledge.

I did say he was the seme but for all I know the older man was the uke or they were a switch couple. It’s just that my impression of his as a ‘husband’ is very strong, hence the assumption that he is the gong.

Edit: I think I might have found it by searching the right combination of tags. It’s just that it didn’t have the tags I expected and the description doesn’t have anything relevant. Based on the reviews though, it’s probably it? https://www.novelupdates.com/series/cannon-fodder-is-king-quick-transmigration/

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  2. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's
    Cannon Fodder Is King [Quick Transmigration]

Nom de Plume likes this.
  3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, although I remembered many details wrong. Luckily the first arc is distinct enough. Not many novels have the protagonist contract that particular illness or such a thirsty proactive shou.