Forgotten Title World hopping BL of canonfodder /villain (dark)?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Gossymer, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Gossymer

Gossymer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying to recall the name of a BL novel I ended up MTLing after the first few chapters.

An Arc had MC as an agent/manager and former celeb who was ruined.

In a different arc he has a car accident to give his lover his heart?

I remember the MC in his own life took revenge on bullies? But he's in his twenties or so when he ends up world hopping...

The entire story was rather dark but stuck with me over the years and I wanted to revisit

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  2. forktine

forktine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds like Strategy to Capture that Scum Gong
    it’s been a while since i’ve read it tho

Gossymer likes this.
  3. Gossymer

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately not, first arc was MC as professor and I remember in reality MC had an antagonistic relationship with ML and they were sort of enemies/rivals on the political scene? It was either modern or interstellar in reality

4. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one sounds like one from Heroic Death System. Except the lover was actually MC's character template's crush who had been refusing his advances? It's been a while. The others don't seem to ring a bell though, so it might just be a coincidence.

5. Gossymer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a coincidence, I feel like the whole lose a kidney/heart thing is a definite trope lol.

What made this story unique was that the MC often got killed at the end of arcs or/and put the ML through the ringer re:remorse...

In the first arc where MC is a professor (or teachers assistant maybe) ML's friend takes compromising photos of him, and then ML blackmails MC into sleeping with him for protection, but the photos leak anyway.

MC is highly manipulative (he knows about the drugs the photos etc but plays to victim to maximize the remorse later on)

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  6. aShinyVaporeon

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point I'm going back to those novels buried in my finished lists again, it's been a while since I've thought about them.

There are actually quite a few series I've read on NU that fit that. In fact, at some point I went around hunting for them, but ig the best (as in with the most and bloodiest angst) would be Strategy to Capture that Scum Gong and its sequel, The Scum Shou’s Survival Guide. Most of the others kind of petered out on the angst department as the arc numbers grew, or at least the ones that were around at the time did.

This is a pretty good summary of the 2nd arc of Scum Shou’s Survival Guide tbh, and fits slightly with your reply to @forktine above, since MC's character template was a stickler for rules or something and ML was a disobedient student. Although it wouldn't surprise me if that was a QT danmei trope too, somehow.

Gossymer likes this.
  7. Gossymer

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized that arc did match!

I have a feeling I mixed the stories together *facepalm*

The agent arc was where the the MC is known and being a corrupt agent/manager for an entertainment company who used to be a star but ended up getting used by the president of the company and then ruined. He takes a new young actor under his wing and the target for remorse is the president. It's known in the circle that MC was ruined and it's part of his dark history.

Does that sound like a part of one of the stories?

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  8. aShinyVaporeon

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately it doesn't sound like anything I've read, I can't recall any entertainment arc where MC was neither celebrity nor president.

Gossymer likes this.