Forgotten Title QT Male MC with ancient arcs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by harne_sudutt11, Dec 1, 2021.

1. harne_sudutt11

harne_sudutt11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to remember where I read this one but there are 2 ancient-China arcs that are very prominent in my memory.

1) Puppet emperor - So the MC transmigrates to become a puppet emperor who's original role is to steal married wives but then he subtly uses them & his harem to usurp power back from the regent. The general's daughter is named Jiang(?) who becomes his female general (after coming to the harem). There is also this scene where he talks to the father general while his eunuch keeps throwing things in the side so that no one realises they have reconciled, and when he finally murders the regent, he wears a black dragon robe

2) Unfilial scholar - The ori-MC betrays his teacher after marrying his daughter to a tyrant emperor, so here he acts like a double agent. His wife sends their daughter to a friend and he then acts like he's protecting the good people. The daughter's foster home also has many issues with the foster parents because they are good people. In the end, he comes out to protect his wife, wife's friend & daughter from a general under the tyrant and helps the tyrant's son rise to power (who was a good person, so he was in hiding with second brother). They were 4-5 brothers and all of them were deliberately idle/spoiled cuz the tyrant didn't like anyone else being liked by the courtiers.

Now both of them may/may not be in the same QT novel but I have my suspicion that they are in the same one. I just don't remember where did I read them or what are the names or anything.

If anyone can please help me find these novel(s), I'd be really really thankful to you

PS - please forgive any grammatical or fact errors in my recollection <3