Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shio, Nov 1, 2015.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    trolololol

Wujigege likes this.
  2. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yang Yang from O2O.
    I just hope they do better then O2O regarding the gaming aspect. O2O's 'vritual world' props, costumes and CGI looked so cheesy in the fight scenes. TKA better at least get some good fighting choreography and intensity buildup. I don't want it to be another lighthearted, fluffy drama with cute (and second hand embarrassment inducing) comedic moments for viewers to swoon over the baby-smooth skinned male leads.
    They better not dismiss the complexities and serious side of TKA. They were what made it good.

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    From watching Martial Universe, I doubt Yang Yang can do action. He reportedly hurt himself during filming. Also many action scenes are no contact, it's like he is fighting with the camera

macy2 likes this.
  4. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes. I heard he was a popular actor but I guess that's only for modern day dramas. I found him pretty mediocre in O2O but Xiao Nai didn't have much character growth or depth to begin with. But then again O2O was mediocre overall to me.
    Well, here's hoping for TKA's live action. I was looking forward to it when they first annouced it. But I'm not sure I'll even watch it past the 3rd episode now.

5. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was wondering why TKA popped up in my notifications. Clicked on it and went 'huh, nothing got updated?'
    And then I found out. Qidan freaking locked the chapters down to chapter 90.
    NINETY.
    Last time I commented on this, the chapters were free up to approx 1000.
    That's 1000 - 90 = 910 additional chapters they pay walled. The translation is currently at chap 1344. The novel ends at 1728.
    Maybe they are prepping for the influx of readers after the drama release, but seriously Qidan? Isnt this a little much? Thats a lot of money to shell out (I'm est. at least $90) for a single incomplete novel.
    Just hope my alternative website for TKA wont be affected :blobpensive:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    It won't be. The chapters are already out there and no matter what Qidian does they won't go away.
    Especially with their rep and practices, people will continue to re-post their chapters out of spite and not even necessity.

Whatever your alternative is, is or a site like it will always be around.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    put qidian aside
    Ye XIu vs Han Wenqing still fin to read

Viola likes this.
  8. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone watch the drama yet?
    I've watched through ep1 and half of ep2 but I'm going to wait for better translations to be posted up (the only one rn, appears to be machine translated to some degree) before continuing.

Actually seems pretty promising so far, my low expectations have been exceeded. Although, I'm a bit confused why they had to use multi-million dollar looking facilities for Excellent Era's base and Happy's internet cafe o_Oo_O Was that really necessary? Excellent Era's base looks like something I'll expect from a science facility in a futuristic film.
    I'm glad they didnt decide to act out the gaming aspects either (game-verse acting is just cringe) but the CG, although well done, seems lacking in 'glory'. The avatars are just...very grey. But hey finance, time, technology limitations and all that right? The animation is pretty smooth and realistic for an online game.

But more importantly the timeline change!! Now this ain't a major spoiler but I'll be safe
    The plot takes place right after Excellent Era's 3rd consecutive championship win. Ye Qiu is still in his prime, and Sun Ziang replaced him as captain. In short, Excellent Era is still in their prime golden era.

Thoughts? Personally I think the implication of the timeline change is huge. I mean the entire plot premise has to change, the drama will definitely not be following the novel plot.
    Also, I'm getting some Ye Qiu x Su Mucheng vibes from the first episode. And the opening doesnt really feature the rest of team happy either. Does this indicate how far in the novels plot the drama goes to? Because that'll be disappointing.
    Also, ep2. Absolutely love how Ye Qiu is depicted. The novel makes him seem shamelessly invincible, but I think we all forget he's still a young adult who literally did nothing but game for his entire life so far :LOL:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    those good looking guys
    e hehehe.png

I still have impression that serial kinda try look really cool but imo just BIG FAIL!
    story wise quite interesting on 1st episode start way before novel start so I kinda more storyline outside game
    as for ye xiu x mucheng I kinda expect that most fans will think~ be it from novel way to animation~

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link