Spoiler Queen of the Scalpel

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by skyzoo2001, Nov 19, 2018.

1. mubaraksul

mubaraksul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read through the spoilers, some guys really wanted Elise to abandon Linden for Michel. Not realising without Elise loving and choosing Linden, Michel would be dead along with the Childe family and the aristocrats.

also please can someone summarise for me what happened in the side stories, for example

what happened to Elise’s brothers (did they also get married)
    Linden and Elise’s kids
    Whether Michel ever shows up again
    You know, just the important stuff

princessbelle, cjburaira and layyu like this.
  2. cjburaira

cjburaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read until chapter 143. I wanted to know more about the side characters. Especially Lenne , Elise's older brother and Michael. I wish this had more side stories.

I loved Linden from Elise's third life but I also have a soft spot for Michael. I think Michael loved Elise in her first life too when she was a terribly selfish and spoiled girl.

I really wanted to know what type of sin she committed that resulted her getting burned at the stake. That's a horrifying and extremely painful death.

I wish we got MORE glimpses of 1st Elise and Linden's married life.

Honestly I don't think anyone would be able to forgive the spouse who ordered their execution like Elise did . But 2nd Linden shouldn't be judged on the crime's committed by the first one

seekingsnow and whiteapparition like this.
  3. Midsummer_dreamss

Midsummer_dreamss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    were you able to extract the file??
    there is a password.. and I tried using it and I keep failing D:

4. S3npai Tach1

S3npai Tach1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone who want the continues tl side story (if theres no one who can tl it full then ill take it) please follow and contact me through "Start a New Conservation" ill give you the acsess

H20 likes this.
  5. Mirai Tsukihime

Mirai Tsukihime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.. I want to know this too.. Like what crimes she committed? Like specific details.. And why was her father or family got killed too in thr first timeline? Because i am pretty sure, they are very loyal to the emperor family and the father only begged the ml to spare fl's life, it's not something that would get his whole family killed.. That's just makes ml cruel and heartless in the first timeline. That's why i want to know more details of it.. Does anyone know??

6. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main reasons why I dropped this story/webtoon is

Because the narrative doesn't allow the FL Elise doing her own thing and to separate from her ex-ex-fiance/husband Linden for good. They have to stay together because the are the depicted official Cover Couple.
    Linden keeps following her new improved self in his disguise and literally tricked her into falling in love with his Alter Ego Ron.
    I don't even care that he might have harbored secretly feelings in the first timeline.
    And who in its right mind wants to get intimate with someone who executed/killed you? Melodrama Logic.
    The Yandere ML is an unhealthy manchild with issues who can't be really honest and communicate with anyone (expect his healing therapist Elise). He has to play games with FL and doesn't accept her rejection towards him.
    And because he doesn't want to let her go, he inadvertently puts her in danger!
    Being close with the melodrama prince makes you automatically everyone's target...

I like the idea that a FL who used to be a very privileged selfish terrible apathic heinous entitled person in her first life; learned her lesson, makes the effort of becoming a better version of herself and keep atoning for her sins in her 2nd and 3rd life.
    I like regretful mature determined gutsy hard working altruistic Elise in the first 40 manwha chapters before she started develop feelings for 'Ron'/Linden.
    But I noticed that she turns slowly in an ideal angelic saint worthy of love and also a dramatic crying innocent maiden damsel with less teeth & claws being courted by a man she desperately tries to avoid.
    That development put me really off...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Yume-sama, Rin.rinaaa and cjburaira like this.
  7. cjburaira

cjburaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to search for more information but couldn't find any.

I wish the author had not glossed over such important details.

8. magfuentes

magfuentes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have access to 3 Side Stories:cookie:

In the WebNovel, her reincarnation visited the old mansion alone:blobcry:. So, I prefer the manhaw where she finds Linden's reincarnation in the future.:blobmelt:
    Side Stories - WN
    Chapter 1 - Street Dating:blobokhand:
    Chapter 2 - Operation Pregnancy:blobnosebleed:
    Chapter 3 - Letters from the Romanovs:blobunsure:

Chapter 1 Street Dating-1

A peaceful morning in the Imperial Palace.
    Warm sunlight was pouring in through the cracks in the windows.

"Well… … .”

The platinum-haired girl, buried under the blanket of the wide bed, frowned at the dazzling sunlight.

He was so tired that it was difficult to open his eyes. Then, a man with a sculptural appearance kissed the girl on the forehead.

“Sleep a little longer.”

“Um, now is the time… … ?”

The girl opened her eyes in a daze and murmured.

“Not long ago. sleep more."

Then the man's hand gently caressed her breasts, which had not yet come to her senses.

Feeling itchy, the girl let out a moan involuntarily. Even in her hazy mind, she felt electricity running through her body.

"ah… … Don't touch me, Linden.”

"What?"

"that that… … .”

The girl stuttered in embarrassment.

Her face turned red as he touched her more and more sensitive parts.

“That, stop… … .”

"Nope?"

Finally, the girl protested.

“Oh, you promised to stop yesterday!”

Tormented all night long!

No matter how much I begged him to stop, he tortured me endlessly, so I don't know what time I fell asleep.

But as soon as the sun rises in the morning, you try to bully me again!

But the man, Emperor Linden, only spoke mischievously.

“Did I? I don't remember right?”

The girl's face heated up at his touch, which became more tenacious.

“Jung, really stop!”

It wasn't something I hated. No, it was the other way around.

I have been married to him for 3 years now.

My love for him never cooled down. No, it only deepened as time went by. I can't even imagine the past without him.

The same goes for physical love.

Is it because it is not simply a relationship for pleasure, but a sharing of love? The happiness was indescribable in words.

just the problem.

'It's too hard.'

she cried

He never left himself alone. That too every day. until late at night.

Of course, since I love him, I didn't hate myself either... … No, she was fine, but after being tormented by him all night, her body was worn out and she couldn't come to her senses the next day.

“Ah, Linden. Really stop. Not anymore.”

In the end, Elise couldn't stand her burning body and pushed away his hand.

"Why?"

Elise lowered her head with a reddened face.

“I mean, I’m busy today. I have to hold a meeting with the health policy department, review the budget for the upcoming birthday party, and have an operation scheduled for the afternoon. And a little tea party with noble ladies before the operation... … .”

Linden narrowed her eyes at her schedule, which came out one after another. There was no end.

why!

I've always been dissatisfied with it. Why is this girl always so busy?!

It was like that before marriage, but it was the same after becoming empress after marriage.

First of all, the work of the internal affairs department was not a small amount, and to do the work of the internal affairs department perfectly and even work as a doctor, it was to the point that even two bodies were not enough.

Of course, the doctor's work has reduced a lot compared to before. Currently, her main job is not as a doctor, but as an empress.

Still, there are still many tasks and surgeries that only she can do, so she spends a lot of time in the hospital.

'Are you busier than me, the emperor?'

Linden put on a disgruntled look.

'I don't like it. really.'

She could not be blamed for taking care of her work as the empress more perfectly than anyone else while also working as a doctor.

However, since he was busy, he was dissatisfied that he had little time to spend with himself.

I want to lock myself in my arms and stay with him all the time, but the reality is that I only barely see his face in the evening.

“What time do you finish work today? Can we have dinner together?”

“After the surgery, I think I will be late because I have to attend the art association support meeting for a while in the evening. Eat first.”

Linden frowned.

"In addition? Didn't you come in late yesterday too? It seems that the work was finished late that day too. I don’t know when the last time I had dinner with you.”

Elise put on an apologetic expression at that disgruntled voice.

"ah… … sorry. still… … Today's sponsorship meeting is a must-attend... … .”

Then, Elise looked at Linden's eyes.

I'm sure he was very busy even when he thought about it. Time was too short to complete both the work of the empress and the doctor.

She hesitated at Linden, who had a disgruntled expression on her face.

“… … sorry. I will definitely finish work early tomorrow.”

“… … .”

Still, when he didn't answer, Elise cautiously acted cute.

"yes? huh? Yeah? Take your anger out. I'm sorry and I love you. Yeah? Instead, tomorrow I'm going to the play you mentioned last time. I will definitely finish work early.”

"Sigh."

Linden sighed.

It's sad, but what can I do? It is she who loved her like this.

He took her into his arms with one hand.

Elise's face slightly reddened at his hard chest, felt through the thin pajamas.

“Only with words?”

"Yes?"

Elise asked, not understanding the meaning for a moment.

"Are you just saying you're sorry?"

"ah… … .”

I realized what he wanted at the pouting words.

She hesitated, then lifted her head and put her lips to his cheek. It was a baby kiss on the cheek. Elise's heart skipped a beat at the feeling of his touching her lips.

“Okay… … Joe?”

But he shook his head.

"no."

"then?"

“Not there, but somewhere else.”

Then he looked at her lips. Elise's face flushed with anger as she felt the longing running deep in her golden eyes.

She hesitated and put her lips to his.

And the moment our lips touch each other!

He hugged her by the head, thrusting his tongue into her violently.

"ah… … Linden… … .”

A kiss like an electric shock.

It was a persistent and intense kiss, as if trying to punish him for being anxious.

He thoroughly tortured her to the depths of her mouth as if he were playing with her.

“Lise.”

Linden brought her lips to her ear.

Elysee gave a vague answer to his breath, which was felt by her ears.

“… … Yes, Linden.”

He said softly biting her earlobe.

“Don’t tease me too much. I'll scold you for the night.”

It's already been three years since Linden and Elise became a couple.

After they became married, Linden visited her palace every day. No, rather than looking for her, she lived in her own palace.

I only visited my lion palace when I was watching government affairs, and after the political affairs were over, I always returned to her lily palace.

Even if they got married, they did not stay in different palaces, but lived like a normal married couple living in the same house.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs complained several times that it was against etiquette, but Linden pretended not to listen.

What he longed for before getting married.

to live life with her.

To give up that happiness just for etiquette? Absolutely not.

In the end, the servants had no choice but to start moving items little by little to the empress's palace so that the emperor would not be inconvenient to stay, and now, three years later, Saja's Palace had become more of an office for government affairs than an emperor's palace.

'Elise.'

Linden thought of her for a moment after a meeting with the ministers in the meeting room of the lion's palace.

'I miss you.'

I just saw it and I want to see it again.

Married life with her was a happy everyday life.

No, can this overflowing emotion be simply expressed in one word, happiness?

A terrible addiction, longing. Looking at her made her feel like her heart would explode. It was as if her heart had broken.

Times filled with everything that was unimaginable in the past, when only revenge was desired.

'If it weren't for that problem, it would be perfect.'

Linden frowned slightly as he recalled the only problem with her.

He didn't care much about the problem himself, but as time went on, the pressure around him was gradually coming in.

Of course, that kind of pressure didn't matter anyway, but it bothered me that Elise was worried a lot.

'I only need you, Elise, but what else is that?'

Linden clicked her tongue and turned her thoughts around.

It's just taking time, we're working hard, so it'll be fixed soon.

'Are you going to have surgery by now? When are the doctors at the Royal Cross Hospital going to be able to perform her surgery perfectly instead of her?'

The doctors at the Cross Hospital are the Empire... … No, I'm constantly trying to learn the surgery of the world's best doctor, but I'm still not good enough.

If their skills improve, she will be much less busy.

'I need to polish it a little more.'

Especially Graham. I'll have to call him.

I didn't like him for no reason, but at least he had the best skills.

So Linden looked at her affairs, thinking about her.

The next day, Elise finished her work as quickly as possible.

It was to go on a street date that Linden and I had promised before.

“Is the work done?”

“Yes, I have finished everything. Did you wait a long time? sorry."

Linden shook her head.

"Okay. By the way, I don’t have to go back in the middle today because of the emergency surgery, right?”

"ah… … Yes. Maybe.”

On the last date, suddenly there was a blood vessel rupture patient who could not help but her, and it happened in the middle of the play.

Knowing how much he always looked forward to this date, she put on an apologetic look.

Maybe today will be fine. In order to prevent the same situation as last time, Linden personally ordered the best doctors to stand on strict watch.

"Please wait. I'll change my dress and come back soon.”

She had just returned from the hospital, so she was wearing a simple outfit.

It was an informal outing close to stealth, so there was no need to wear formal clothes as an empress, but it was a date after a while, so I wanted to look pretty for him.

But Linden shook her head.

"It's fine. Just leave as is.”

"Yes? But."

Linden hugged her gently. Her face turned red as his strong arm rested on her waist.

He just bit her ear and spoke softly.

“You are still pretty enough. To the point where I want to attack right away instead of going out on a date.”

“… … !”

Elise's face turned red like an apple.

Embarrassed, she buried her face in his arms and said.

“Gee, beast.”

"what?"

“Even though you worked so hard yesterday!”

"is it?"

“Yes, yes.”

Elise replied resentfully.

But Linden grinned.

“I don’t know. because… … .”

He ran his tongue gently across her earlobe.

Her body stiffened as she felt electricity go through the lobe of her ear against his tongue.

“I’m still short.”

“… … !”

Elise swallowed at the longing in her voice.

Then, before I even went out on a date, I felt a sense of crisis creeping up that I was going to be dragged into the bedroom. She had to run away.

“Daddy, I’ll change my dress quickly and come back.”

“Are you okay?”

“I-I’m not okay!”

Elise escaped from his arms as if running away and ran into the dressing room.

Linden looked at her back, as if she was moving away. The urge to attack her was like a chimney, but... …

'Well, there's tonight too.'

He thought so and suppressed his regret.

Going out with her was one of Linden's greatest happiness. She takes her hand in hand and walks her street, sees a play, eats delicious meals and desserts.

When you spend time like that, it feels like there are only two of you in the whole world. They forget everything and only look at each other.

“Is everything ready?”

"Yes."

Dressed in the street clothes of nobles, she approached him.

He wore a wide-brimmed hat pushed down deep to avoid people's eyes.

Of course, you can't avoid that much attention. Because they were emperors and empresses. It is also receiving the love of all citizens in one body.

So Linden cast a weak Transformation ability on herself and her.

It was an ability he used to hide his identity and meet as 'Ron' before getting close to her.

Linden stared at Elise, who was standing next to her.

Elise received that gaze with a puzzled expression.

"why? Is there anything strange about it?”

"hand."

"Yes?"

“Cut your arms.”

At those words, Elise smiled broadly and placed her hand on his arm.

As she crossed her arms, Linden's sullen face gave way to a slight smile. Looking at her smile filled with the happiness of love, Elise said,

“You know what?”

"what?"

"thanks."

she muttered to herself.

'For loving me. And thank you for being with me. I really love you too.'

Did you hear the lies? Linden looked at her with her deep eyes.

“… … why?"

Embarrassed for nothing, Elise tried to turn her head.

But at that moment. His cold fingers caught her face and pointed it toward him.

And then he kissed her on the lips.

“… … ah."

She let out a light moan at the unexpected kiss.

Soft but passionate touch. Even after three years of her marriage, she never gets used to kissing him.

It was always hot, electrified, and my mind was hazy. A kiss that devours all of her own.

“That, stop.”

Linden spoke in a low voice as her legs gave out and she grabbed his wrist.

“I love you, really.”

“… … !”

Elise's cheeks turned slightly red.

She nodded.

“Yes, me too.”

So the two got into the carriage and headed to the city.

The carriage was made of luxurious materials, but the imperial family pattern was not engraved. It was a wagon used by the imperial family when going out of hiding.

“… … .”

Elise inspected the inside of the wagon with new eyes.

“Why?”

“No, just. It reminds me of the old days.”

It was the story of when I met 'Ron' as 'Rosé'.

At the time, Linden often used this carriage when he came to see her as 'Ron'.

'Even then, I never imagined that things would happen with His Majesty.'

I never imagined Ron would be him. What a surprise he was when he first realized that in Crimea.

At the time, I didn't know what kind of heart he had for me. No, he wasn't even aware of his own feelings.

Thanks to that, there was a lot of misunderstanding, and it hurt him a lot.

'A lot of things happened.'

Yes, a lot has happened. There were many hardships, and there were many painful things.

But even so, I was able to be by his side like this because he loved me.

He was so grateful. I was happy to be by his side.

'If you don't worry about one thing... … Everything would be happy.'

Elise had a slightly dark face.

One worry hidden in happiness.

'When will I have a baby?'

She sighed internally.

Everything was a happy marriage, but there were major problems. Even though Geumseul wasn't bad, there was no sign of having a baby at all.

Seeing her suddenly darkened face, Linden asked in a puzzled voice.

“Why?”

"ah… … It's nothing.”

He laughed and shook his head, but Linden was not fooled.

“Is it because of baby problems?”

“… … .”

Elise hesitated for a moment, then nodded.

"Yes."

he clicked his tongue.

“Even if it’s okay. It will happen soon.”

“But it’s already been three years… … .”

Elise said with a dark face.

'What the hell is the problem.'

she sighed.

At first, I thought that was the case, but as the 2nd and 3rd years passed, people around me gradually became more concerned, and she was not the only one worried.

"Okay. Originally, our Romanov family has precious hands. It will happen soon.”

Linden warmly told her not to worry and wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

“And I only need you. There is no need for descendants.”

Elise shook her head as if telling her not to lie.

“Where is that?”

"Really. I really need you.”

Linden's words were sincere, not false.

Of course he knows.

It was very important to pass on the line as an emperor.

However, in his personal honest feelings, he did not want children.

Even if it's not, she's busy and neglects herself.

If you have children, how much will you pay attention to them! It is clear that he will be one step further away from interest.

It's like being jealous of your unborn child, but originally he was jealous of her affairs.

'If it doesn't work, you can adopt another member of the royal family to pass on the generations. Mikhail, who went to the Romanov territory, if he gives birth to a son later, you can bring him.'

he thought so

Then Elise spoke in a small voice.

"I… … I mean, I want to have it. Me and Linden's baby... … .”

At that, Linden kissed her forehead gently.

"do not worry."

“… … .”

“There will be a child. certainly."

Elise put on a puzzled expression at the confident tone.

“Why?”

“I’ll try tonight, I’ll try tomorrow night, and I’ll keep trying. How can it not happen if you try so hard?”

Elise's cheeks turned red.

Linden's face turned mischievous.

After the street date, he seemed to be thinking of going back to the palace and harassing her.

“Lee, Linden!”

"what? To be clear, this is for the future of the Empire.”

Elise asked to change the subject with a blushing face.

“But are we going alone this time?”

It was a question about security.

“A few Royal Guards are following me from behind.”

And Linden clicked her tongue.

“Even though you don’t need it that much.”

I want to enjoy a date just the two of us, but the guards who inevitably follow me don't seem to like it.

“Anyway, we have to replace the head of the palace department.”

Elise chuckled at those words.

Whenever the two of them went out on an informal outing like this, the head of the palace department jumped up and down.

What to do if something goes wrong!

“Something happens in this Rondo.”

From the exploits of Emperor Minchester to him. Due to repeated selections, Rondo's security was the best on the continent.

Even if something happened, it would not be possible to damage a single hair on his head unless the army rushed in, so the head of the palace was reckless.

'Absolutely not! If you must go out, take your lifeguard with you! At least 100 people must be taken!'

100 people! In that case, it was better not to go out.

In the end, after quarreling with the head of the palace, the emperor agreed to accompany only the minimum number of bodyguards, and the royal guards changed their clothes and followed them from a distance.

“Are you going to the theater right now?”

“It seems to be so. I don't have much time.”

If you have time, it would be nice to have a quick cup of tea at a cafe with a nice view, but it was tight to arrive at the start of the play.

"By the way… … Didn't Linden not want to see the play today? Shall we just see another play next time?”

Elise asked cautiously.

The title of the play they are about to watch now is 'Grievous Love.'

The play, with a title that somehow sounds like a third-class play, was a tragic love story, and it was her favorite genre, not his.

“No, I want to see you.”

"really? Aren't you watching because of me? If that's the case, it's okay, so just play another play... … .”

“No, I really like it.”

It wasn't a lie.

Linden loved any genre of play she watched with her. In the first place, his interest was her, not the theater.

In fact, the contents of the play were not as interesting as dust. Just sitting beside her and watching her play with pleasure made her happy.

It's a bonus to watch her lovely expression change colorfully while watching the play.

Her face never got tired of looking at it. She probably wouldn't get tired of watching her for the rest of her life. Looking at it again and again, the longing only grows.

If there is one complaint, it is that her eyes are often not directed at him.

Of course I know she has confidence in her heart, but she cares too much. I want you to only look at me... … .

'Should I kidnap you? To a place where no one is.'

Linden muttered to herself.

We already live together, but that alone was not enough. I wanted to go to a place where no one would disturb me and see each other alone. I wish her eyes were only on him.

Of course this is impossible. He is the emperor, and she is the empress and the best doctor in the empire. I know it well, but I often feel that way.

“What do you think?”

Linden hugged the girl sitting next to her by the shoulders and pulled her toward him.

“I want to catch it and put it next to me.”

"You're always by my side, right?"

“Not enough.”

and said

“Without a chin.”

While talking about this and that, we arrived at the main theater.

The Grand Theater, the largest in Rondo, had a grandeur comparable to that of Françoën's pride and Paris' opera.

The director of the Grand Theater, Baron Lancome, greeted them.

“It is a great honor to serve His Majesty the Emperor and Empress of the Great Britain Empire.”

Linden shook his head at the curator who was about to do a lengthy courtesy.

"done. It doesn't come once or twice. I want to spend some quiet time, so don't let anyone know, and refrain from unnecessary fuss.”

“I will do my best, Your Majesty! Then I will guide you to the place where I always served you.”

"yes."

Since Elise likes theater, the two often visit the Grand Theater.

Each time, I watched the play from the VVIP seats located in a blind spot where the play was best seen.

But it was time to move on.

They found unexpected people.

"uh?"

A face as soft as cream, and soft platinum blonde hair. A warm-looking handsome man was escorting a beautiful lady with a arrogant impression.

“Lady Child, please come this way.”

"going now. And escorts are fine, so you don’t have to hold hands.”

Despite his cold tone, the man with a gentle expression did not lose his smile. No, rather, something cute?

“Anyway, I'm glad I'm not late. It was sold out, so I was barely able to reserve a ticket.”

“I don’t have to watch it, so why did I book a ticket? To be clear, I came to see this play because it was a play I had always wanted to see. never."

"Yes Yes. I know."

“So don’t get me wrong.”

“No, I don’t.”

The man answered with a smirk.

The woman pursed her lips, dissatisfied with the answer. And when you're about to say something.

Elise called them with a welcome voice.

“Brother Chris! Lady Child!”

“… … ?!”

Yurien and Chris turned their heads at the unexpected voice.

“Lise? Oh no, Mama?”

Yurien called her by a nickname without even realizing it, but was surprised to see the emperor standing behind her and bowed. Chris also gave an example.

“Meet His Majesty the Emperor of the Empire and the Empress Mama.”

“Wake up.”

Yurien, who has now succeeded Marquis Amshel as the Marquis, cautiously rose from her seat.

Linden turned her gaze to her mean brother.

“What is going on here?”

“I came to see a play. Even His Majesty?”

"yes."

Linden looked at Chris holding Yurien's hand and made a puzzled expression. What are you two doing?

Yurien blushed at his gaze and hurriedly pulled out her hand. And without anyone asking, he said it as if he was making an excuse.

“I happened to come along because there was a play I wanted to see. I wasn't specifically trying to come with Sir Chris.”

"yes?"

"Yes Yes. your majesty."

But her answer only raised doubts.

Linden chuckled.

'Chris, doesn't he seem to think so?'

Chris smiled lightly as usual, but his eyes were warm. I was a fool if I didn't know what those eyes meant.

'I just want to interfere.'

He remembered what Chris had previously interfered with between him and Elise.

Whenever I tried to do something good, it would appear like a ghost and break the mood.

'Should I throw in a lot of work under the emperor's name? I'm so busy that I can't even dream of dating.'

Uncharacteristically for an emperor, it was when Linden was having small thoughts.

Elise said.

“I haven’t seen you in a while, do you want to see a play together? The seats are spacious, so I think 4 people can watch it together.”

“Oh, is that so, Mama?”

Yurien nodded with a bright face.

But at that moment, the two men answered at the same time.

“With this guy? hate."

“No, it’s okay, Mama.”

Elise made a surprised expression at the stubborn refusal of the two men.

“Still, it’s been a while since we met, but it would be nice to see everyone together… … .”

Linden frowned.

What do you mean by good? The reason she came to see her play, which she doesn't even care about, is to enjoy time alone with her.

That nasty bastard Chris was absolutely reluctant to join.

It was just when he was about to open his mouth to that thought. Chris interjected first in a soft voice.

“Thank you for your consideration, Mama. However, since I promised to watch the play alone with Lady Child today, I think I will have to postpone it to another opportunity.”

“No, I don't care… … .”

Yurien tried to say something, but Chris smiled and shook his head.

“I care.”

"Yes?"

“Because I came to the play to see it with you, Lady Child.”

Yurien's face heated up.

Seeing that, Linden raised an eyebrow.

'If it's that guy's love story, I'd like to interfere with anything... … .'

It was the same as not wanting to interrupt their time together, so he grabbed Elise's hand.

"egg plant."

“Ah, ah, yes.”

Surprised by her little brother's expression of affection for Yurien, Elise followed Linden bewildered.

And in the hallway, only Chris and Yurien were left.

Yurien said with a flushed face as if questioning.

“Go, what are you saying in front of His Majesty and Mama? Please refrain from saying anything that could cause misunderstandings.”

“It is not a misunderstanding.”

"Yes?"

“Don't you know? What kind of mind do I have?”

At those words, Yurien avoided Chris' gaze. Strangely, my heart kept beating so it was difficult to face those blue eyes.

“Mo, I don’t know.”

"Is that so?"

“Yeah, I don’t know. No, I don't want to know.”

“Then I will tell you again.”

Chris said.

“I am looking at you. always. always. No, I will tell you exactly.”

Chris's voice sank over her quivering chest.

“I am in love with you. Don't you know?”

“… … !”

Yurien bit her lip.

It wasn't the first confession I'd heard. It's been three years since that man came to me.

But during that time, she only pushed him away. She couldn't accept him, the second son of the opposite faction, the Claw Lance family, and more than anything, she had Linden in her heart.

But since when?

Late at night, when you are alone, the face that comes to mind is not the dark-haired Linden, but the platinum-haired Chris?

What did you start to think of him all of a sudden?

What made my heart start to tremble at every word Chris said?

“Well, it doesn't matter. No matter how much it is.”

Chris smiled.

His smile seemed to be saying, "I love you, so I'll wait forever."

He held out a hand in a white glove to her.

“It is very late. I've already started. Let's go, Lady."

Without a word, Yurien accepted his escort and moved to the concert hall.

And that was before we arrived at the venue. she said in a low voice.

“Sir Chris.”

"Yes?"

“Could you please visit our child’s family next week?”

Chris looked at her in surprise.

Yurien turned her red face away for some reason and continued.

"ah… … Nothing else, if you have time... … I want to treat you to a meal.”

She opened her mouth as if to make an excuse.

“It doesn’t mean anything else… … In return for the play you are watching today.”

“… … .”

Chris looked at her in silence for a moment.

Yurien stuttered.

“It seems like you have a lot of political affairs these days, but it’s okay if you don’t have time. It just doesn't have any special meaning... … .”

Chris laughed. It was a sweet, creamy smile.

“No matter what.”

He led Yurien's hand towards him. And he said, kissing her lips softly on the back of her white hand.

“Even if there is an emperor, I will visit you.”

Contrary to Linden's expectations, the play was not enjoyable.

'what's this.'

Linden frowned.

It's not that the level of play has gone down. No, the play itself was great. The theme of love and tragedy was good, and the acting of the actors was great.

However, there was a fatal problem, that is.

'Why did the seating arrangement become like this?'

Linden turned her head. Next to him sat Chris, with an expression similar to Linden's.

'Why is there a problem with the seat? How did you manage the theater!'

He obviously intended to see it separately, but there was a problem with the seat Chris had reserved, so he moved it to a nearby location. It was inevitable that there was only room left around them.

'Even before marriage, he sabotaged everything. Until this precious time.'

Linden gave Chris a disapproving look.

It's the theater manager's fault, not Chris's, that there was a problem with the original reservation, but I just didn't like it.

Of course, since it was a VVIP seat only for the royal family and the highest ranking nobility, the space between the seats was spacious and comfortable.

Still, there were people I knew sitting next to me, so I was concerned.

'I wanted to enjoy the performance alone with her... … .'

Linden sighed and glanced at Elise.

Unaware of her dissatisfaction, she was completely engrossed in the play.

Having come to see a play, it's natural to pay attention, but Linden didn't like that either.

'What are you so focused on? Please look at me too.'

He pursed his lips and thought.

Thus, something unsatisfying theatrical performance came to an end.

“Oh, it was so good. Right, Lady Child?”

“Yes, Mama.”

“The acting of the actors is great, and the content is so heartbreaking… … .”

The two women talked about the play with red eyes, probably very moved.

Of course, it was only the girls who were impressed, but the two men did not look very satisfied.

In particular, Linden said while looking at the disgusting Chris with mean eyes.

"Kris."

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Next time you come to see a play, be sure to check your seats in advance.”

“… … Yes, I will keep that in mind.”

Chris nodded his head as he was dissatisfied as well.

Then, Elise asked Yurien.

“What are you going to do now? Aren’t you going to eat?”

It was a three-hour show, so it was time for dinner.

"Ah yes. Even if it's not, time... … .”

The moment Yurien nodded and tried to answer. Linden cut her off.

“Then have a good time. Chris, Lady Child.”

Chris immediately recognized the emperor's intentions.

It means to quickly disappear somewhere else.

“Come on, Lady Child. Even if it’s not, I have a reservation at the restaurant I mentioned last time.”

"kyung?"

And before Elise could say anything, he took Yurien's hand and disappeared.

“… … .”

Elise stared blankly at them as they disappeared like lightning.

Linden nodded in satisfaction and put her arms around her shoulders.

“Now that the uninvited guests are gone, shall we spend our time properly?”

After watching the play, the next course was a fancy dinner. The meal menu is a steak course with a lot of consideration for her taste and a sweet dessert.

"Welcome to. Let me guide you.”

They entered the restaurant that Chamberlain Landol had reserved. I wanted to enjoy a secret date, so I didn't tell the restaurant about my identity.

“Wow, I like the atmosphere.”

Elise said with a happy face.

The restaurant, targeting the nobility and the upper bourgeoisie, was decorated with dim lighting and an antique interior.

Like the most famous restaurant in Piccadilly, the busiest street in Rondo, the restaurant was full.

It seemed that mainly young aristocratic men and women were enjoying their dates.

“You can sit over here.”

A neatly dressed waitress ushered them to a seat with a view overlooking the street.

“Can we serve the course meal you reserved?”

“Let me do that.”

"all right. Have a good time then.”

After pouring the pre-dinner wine, the waiter disappeared.

“I think it will be delicious. I look forward to it.”

At Elise's words, Linden smiled slightly.

'It's the taste. The imperial palace must be more delicious.'

Chefs praised as the best throughout Britia were in charge of cooking in the imperial palace. He deliberately invited them for Elise, who especially likes food.

'But sometimes, something like this isn't bad.'

Linden looked at her with loving eyes.

It was also his pleasure to eat at the restaurant with her like normal people.

Rather than the taste of the food, I felt better eating and talking with her outside.

“I think the table next to you is also reserved.”

“I guess so.”

The entire restaurant was full, but only the table next to them was empty with a sign saying 'reservation'.

'Couldn't someone I know come again?'

Linden thought, frowning slightly. For instance, she is her other brother, Ren.

“Isn’t hospital work hard?”

"it's okay."

"Anyway, if the other doctors improve quickly, you'll be comfortable."

Linden clicked her tongue.

The hospital work has been reduced a lot to take care of the internal affairs department, but there is still a lot of work. Because she still had many surgeries that only she could do.

When I saw her always tired, I wanted to beat her up and tell her to rest, but I couldn't because people's lives were at stake.

The solution was to quickly improve the skills of other doctors, but the case of the most difficult surgery was still sluggish.

'Graham, I guess I'll have to brush him up again.'

The only hope was Graham, the unlucky looking bastard.

'I don't like it, but at least it's the best.'

Graham's endless efforts to do his best made him a name next to Elise. He had been selected as the next imperial court doctor after Professor Peter.

“Aside from the hospital work, do you have any special concerns?”

“Oh, nothing in particular, last time… … .”

As they ate, the two chatted a lot.

It was mainly Elise talking and Linden listening.

'Good.'

It's not a special story, but I was happy just listening to her story.

It felt like the time I was disturbed by Chris, that nasty bastard, at the theater was compensated.

By the way, I was eating an appetizer. Elise looked behind Linden's back and gave out a surprised voice.

"uh?"

Linden turned her head, and there was an unexpected figure standing there.

It was Ren, a man of cold beauty like a reportage.

They were in disguise, but like Chris, Ren recognized them and gave them a startled look.

“Your Majesty, Mama?”

A small voice aware of the surroundings.

Elise asked.

“How did you come, brother?”

Ren said with an awkward expression.

“I have an appointment.”

“A promise?”

“I decided to have a meal with the lady of the Lausanne family.”

Ren used honorifics for her younger sister who became empress.

“The Lausanne family?”

Elise and Linden looked puzzled.

The Countess of Lausanne was a traditionally famous family in the central part of the country. But isn't it a place that seems to have a special relationship with Ren, the leader of the Knights of Fire?

Ren sighed softly.

“We met once through an introduction from my father.”

"ah."

Only then did Elise realize Ren's business. The Marquis of El arranged an introduction for his son, an old bachelor who could not be saved.

'Older brother... … .'

Elise looked at her eldest brother's sullen face with pity.

'I hope it goes well this time.'

She recalled the story of Ren's ordeal (?) that had been going on for years.

It was about two years ago now.

Their father, the Marquis of El, called the eldest son to inherit the family and nagged him.

'When are you going to get married! Did you intend to die of old age?'

L looked at his son and put on a frustrated expression. She was always nagging on repeat.

What would you do if you were called the leader of the Knights Command, a young general, or the person in power in the future military? I'm not going to die of old age just by working!

The fathers of other families were envious of having such an outstanding son, but El felt frustrated.

'When I was your age... … ! Ladies! Keugh!'

Elle, who was pinched by his wife while trying to talk about his colorful experiences in Leeds, swallowed a moan.

The Marquis glanced at her husband and asked Ren. It was a soft voice, but the argument was like L.

I'm old enough, when will I get married? Do you have any thoughts?

'… … I'll take care of it.'

But Ren only responded like this. She tried to arrange a match, but she refused again.

'What the hell are you thinking?!'

That's how Ren was beaten up every time he entered the house. He went from being the proud eldest son of the family to being a child of depravity in an instant.

The only person in the house who was on Len's side was Chris, who was in a position that was no different from him.

Then one day. When the Marquis of El was in despair and was thinking that he would like to bring anyone with him.

Ren made a bombshell declaration.

'I will marry Marie.'

'… … ?!'

Everyone was shocked.

number of animals? The maid Marie we know? what's the sudden

The Marquis couple were also surprised, Chris was surprised, Elise was also surprised, and the whole family was surprised. Of course, the most surprised was Marie herself.

'… … Me?'

Marie pointed at herself and blinked. She must have mistaken a person, right? It was the face of

Ren nodded with a sullen face.

'… … why?'

As everyone knows, Ren is a representative natural monument of Rondo. His bluntness far surpassed that of the crown prince, who was another natural monument.

He said to Mary, surprised. I don't even know why. It got better at some point. ask me to marry you

'… … .'

Marie's face turned white when she heard the confession, which had not even the slightest hint of romance and atmosphere.

That cold big Gongja likes you? really? I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, her answer was no.

'sorry.'

A clean rejection without any worries. Ren, who was completely dumped in his first confession, became a mute who drank honey.

But Marie was surprisingly adamant.

'I can't accept it. sorry. I've never had a special feeling for Gongja.'

In the first place, even though Ren was a respectable and difficult Confucius, she had never thought of her as a member of the opposite sex.

Of course, if Ren had taken a gentle approach without making such a bombshell declaration, she might have opened her heart too.

However, it was next to impossible for Byukchangho Ren to show such tenderness.

Ren, dumped so neatly by Marie, was disappointed and remained despondent for quite some time.

It wasn't obvious from the outside, but as a younger sister, Elise knew that he was having a hard time.

After some time, he made up his mind and went to the line arranged by his parents several times, but the results were not good each time.

'I'm sorry, baron. The baron and I don't seem to get along.'

'sorry. Meet a nice woman, baron.'

Objectively, Ren is as good as anyone else's best grooming prospect. Excellent ability, family name, and even a handsome appearance.

However, the problem was that he was blunt enough to ignore all the advantages.

The ladies who were introduced often ran away with both hands and feet at his unimaginable bluntness before they even met a few times.

Since he was well-rounded, if he showed a little softness, he would be more than an armful of women, but his bluntness was no different from iron fist.

After reminiscing, Elise let out a sigh.

'Even my older brother is a nice guy if you get to know him.'

Of course, she knew that her older brother's personality was extremely blunt, but she felt bad when she saw her being teased by the ladies every time.

"You're supposed to meet Lady Lausanne here, brother?"

Ren nodded.

"It's been a while, but you're not coming. Well, I'll be back soon.”

Elise cheered inwardly.

'I hope there will be good results this time. Fighting, brother.'

However, no matter how much time passed, the promised Lady Roseanne did not appear.

Elise asked cautiously.

"I… … Brother, is it true that we promised here? No, did you say that Lady Lausanne would appear?”

“… … There was no reply of refusal.”

“Then the reply that will come is… … ?”

When I glanced at it, it seemed that it was not there. It felt like I was kicked again for some reason!

“… … .”

At that time, Linden, who was eating steak next to her, sighed inwardly. He didn't like his stuffy close friend, and he didn't like being kicked here and interfering with his time with Elise.

However, he couldn't say anything to his friend who had been dumped by Lady again, so Linden raised a glass of wine as a consolation.

“Would you like a drink or something?”

“… … You mean beer?”

“No, with whiskey.”

“… … I will decline.”

After dinner, the streets were already dark. In the end, Lady Lausanne did not appear after a while.

'Brother, fighting. I will definitely meet a nice girl. I will pray.'

Elise muttered to herself as she watched her older brother leave. Hurry up, I hope the big brother meets a good mate too.

Parting with Ren, they headed to the nearby Tez River.

It was the riverside walk, the last date course of the day.

Looking at the riverside, Linden sighed.

'Now we're two. No one will disturb me anymore, right?'

It's been a while since it's a street date! He expected it whether he was asleep or awake, but everywhere he went, people he knew appeared and he was depressed.

'Now I ignore anyone who shows up. Now, I will never tolerate any more interruptions.'

After the riverside walk, you must return to the palace. We are so busy with each other that we don't know how long we'll have to wait for another date opportunity.

So Linden wanted to spend the rest of his time alone with her.

But is it that things are not going to work out today?

I met someone else I know.

"Teacher?"

“… … !”

Linden frowned.

A handsome man with a rough impression was making a surprised expression when he saw them.

“Meet Your Majesty and Mama.”

It was Graham de Fallon, Elise's teacher! Next to her was Lady J, a woman with a bright impression.

Seeing the two of them together, Elise tilted her head. What are the two of you doing outside?

Although the two were apprentices at the Imperial Cross Hospital, they weren't very friendly from the outside.

“Are you going for a walk together?”

"Ah yes. mama."

Graham replied with a bewildered expression.

“You two too… … ?”

Graham looked at Linden and was startled.

He saw the emperor's intense gaze. His golden eyes said:

'Do not interfere and go on your way!'

Graham acted quickly.

“We have something to talk about, so excuse me first. Have a good time.”

Then he took Lady Jay's hand and hurriedly disappeared.

"ah… … .”

Seeing her as if she was running away, Elise put on a puzzled expression.

Then Linden wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

“Elise.”

“Yes, Linden?”

“Don’t worry about anyone else, just look at me.”

At those words, Elise smiled broadly and leaned into his arms. She had noticed that he was slightly pouting because he kept interrupting his date.

To think that Gongje, who is leading the Britia Empire to prosperity, would be upset over something like this. Others of her wouldn't believe it if they heard it, but her original Emperor became extremely childish when it came to her.

“Yes, I love you.”

said Linden, kissing her on the forehead.

"me too. I love you too.”

Her face turned red at the cold yet hot lips that touched her forehead.

Elise held his hand and looked up at the sky.

“The moonlight is pretty.”

"Right."

Linden nodded.

“Then shall we take a little walk?”

"Yes, I like it."

So the two stood side by side and took a walk along the riverside.

The date after that was fun.

I buy snacks in between, and when I'm tired, I go to a coffee shop and drink coffee. It was a happy time. Even Linden, who was sullen from repeated interruptions, was relieved a little.

Anyway, after spending so much time, it was time to go back to the palace.

"ah… … It's already time.”

Elise put on a sad expression.

“Are you sorry?”

"Yes."

Elise nodded and said as if complaining.

“I want to be together like this a little longer.”

Linden felt the same way. I wanted to get rid of her state affairs and spend her time in her care, looking only at her like this.

still.

“I have to go in now. I have something important to do with you.”

“Is it important? with me?”

“Yes, very important.”

Elise put on a puzzled expression. what?

Linden whispered in her ear.

“I need to make a baby.”

“… … !”

Elise's face turned red.

“Again, to make it hard until late at night.”

"yes? Am I going to perform an important national ambassador?”

“Gee, beast.”

"what?"

“… … No."

Linden asked mischievously in a small voice.

“Do you like it?”

“… … Mo, I don’t know.”

He hugged her shyly and smiled.

“Anyway, let’s go in now.”

"Yes."

So, the two rode the carriage and headed for the imperial palace.

But Elise, who looked out the window in silence for a moment, said,

"Linden."

“Why?”

Elise hesitated for a moment without speaking immediately.

"Us… … Are you going to have a baby?”

Linden nodded as if not to worry.

“It will happen.”

"Yes?"

"yes."

Elise smiled at that unwavering answer.

"Yes, Thanks."

Chapter 2 - Operation Pregnancy

Time passed after that.

The relationship between Linden and Elise was still the same. They loved each other deeply, and happiness flowed between them.

Except for one problem.

It was an offspring issue.

“No news yet?”

“I mean.”

"her. The gold room is so nice. how this happened.”

“You should see the successor soon.”

The ministers lowered their voices and conversed.

Linden was none other than the emperor. The lack of news of a descendant who would succeed to the throne was the concern of the entire empire.

If it was originally, the situation would have accepted another woman as a concubine.

However, since the empress was a woman with a lantern who was revered by everyone as a saint, and the emperor knew how much she cared for her, no one dared to bring up the idea of welcoming a concubine.

“I am very worried.”

“Soon there will be good news. Let's wait a little longer.”

Citizens were also waiting for news of the baby.

Because Elise and Linden were the emperor and empress who were loved by all citizens. Everyone was looking forward to the birth of their baby.

“Is there any news about the baby yet?”

“I mean.”

“I’m going to go to the church and pray from today. May the baby be conceived soon.”

“I’ve been doing it ever since.”

And, of course, Elise herself was the one waiting for news of the baby the most.

'What the hell is the problem?'

Elise sighed deeply.

Linden comforted her not to worry, but she couldn't help but feel nervous.

'I didn't have any problems with my body.'

Just in case, I did a test. There were limitations in the inspection due to the technology of this era, but there were no special abnormalities in both. fortunately it was

But why am I not getting pregnant?

'Is it because of me too?'

Elise thought with a gloomy face.

'Thinking back, I couldn't get pregnant in my previous life.'

Even though they didn't get along well, they couldn't get pregnant in the past despite continuing the obligatory annexation.

"Sigh."

As she sighed, a knock was heard on the door to the doctor's office, and a patient entered.

The patient who just came in was Baroness Linken, a pregnant woman.

“Ah, baroness. Are there any places you are particularly uncomfortable with?”

“Yes, Mama. Thank you for always."

Elise asked a few questions with a small smile.

“You must be very tired, are you okay? How about morning sickness?”

“Yes, it has improved a lot.”

Intermittently, her eyes turned to the baroness's stomach.

'There's a baby... … '

It's the baby of the man you love.

I was envious.

'I wish I had Linden's baby too.'

Did he notice the look in Elise's eyes? said the baroness cautiously.

“Don’t worry too much, Mama.”

"Yes?"

“Mama knows better, but I have heard that there are many cases where it takes a long time to get pregnant. Instead, as long as you wait, a strong and wonderful baby will be born.”

Elise smiled.

"Yes, Thanks."

But even after more time, there was still no baby news. I tried every method that was good for pregnancy, but nothing worked.

In the end, the ministers who could not wait carefully brought up the story of the concubine.

Of course, Linden, who knew only Elise, did not pretend to hear. Rather, with resentment.

“There will be a baby. And I don't want to accept anyone but her, so don't bring up the story of her concubine again!”

nailed it

Of course, the officials did not back down easily.

As much as they knew the love between the two, they didn't want to bring up the story of the concubine. But the future of the great empire is at stake.

“Your Majesty, please think again!”

"It's the succession of the imperial family!"

In particular, the head of the palace department was the most zealous, who disputed each case with etiquette.

As if having a concubine was his last mission, he visited every day and tormented Linden.

In the end, Linden, who could not stand it, burst into anger at the meeting of the ministers.

bang!

"stop! I've talked about it many times, but I have absolutely no intention of getting hit by a concubine! So stop talking about it.”

“But Your Majesty! The future of the empire!”

Linden twitched her lips.

“Imperial Resignation? Is that a problem? Then should I let go of this throne? If you do, won't you say anything?"

“Lungs, Your Majesty?!”

Everyone was surprised at the radical remark and lowered their heads.

“I value her more than anything else. So don't bring that up again! It's Hwangmyeong!”

He shouted and ran out of the meeting room.

'Damn it.'

Linden cursed inwardly.

'Hwangwi, do I really need my descendants to succeed? Mikhail, who went to the Romanov territory, can be his bloodline. If it doesn't work, he can accept adoption.'

He shook his head as if he was tired.

'I only need you, Elise.'

Linden headed to the Royal Cross Hospital to relieve the neurotic stress caused by her descendants. She seemed to have to look at her face and calm her mind.

“Oh, Your Majesty?”

Elysee, who was resting in her room after finishing the operation, met him.

“What are you doing at this hour?”

"just. I want to see your face I missed you."

“I saw you this morning.”

“I still missed you.”

Elise smiled at his love.

"thanks. In fact, I had something to say even if I didn’t.”

“What to say?”

Linden put on a puzzled expression, but Elise shook her head without bringing up the matter right away.

“Sit down first. I'll get you a cup of tea."

Linden frowned.

It was a bad feeling for some reason.

'what?'

Elise started brewing tea without saying a word. The scent of green tea, Linden's favorite, began to permeate the room.

Linden asked after taking a sip of the tea Elise handed her.

“Okay, what happened?”

"your majesty… … No, Linden.”

"yes?"

Elise, sitting next to him on the sofa, quietly leaned on his shoulder.

“Can I ask you one thing first?”

“Ask.”

“Do you love me?”

Linden furrowed her eyebrows.

“Why do you ask that? Don't you know that?"

“Just. I just want to hear it.”

Linden sighed.

“I love you. of course. More than anything in this world.”

Elise laughed bashfully.

"thanks. I love you too.”

Linden shook her head incredulously.

“What the hell are you talking about? anxious.”

“You gave me the Royal cross before.”

"Yes it was."

In the past, before marriage, for saving the life of the late Emperor Minchester, he had awarded her the Earl's stomach and the Imperial Cross with absolute immunity.

“Did you know that the Imperial Cross has the authority to make one request to Your Majesty in addition to immunity?”

"Know."

Linden frowned.

don't know I knew it well.

Whenever there was a rare disagreement or an embarrassing favor, she held out that imperial cross.

'Why am I bestowing the Imperial Cross?'

Of course, she never asked for anything bad. Rather, it was a problem because it was too good.

Such as directly treating a contagious patient, extending work hours for patients, or going out directly to a natural disaster area to do lifesaving activities.

Whenever the couple quarreled over such issues, she thrust that cross into her.

'What is this time?'

Elise opened her mouth.

“Actually, I have one request.”

“Tell me. Leaving the Imperial Cross, when was the last time I did not fulfill your request?”

"thanks."

After taking a sip of tea, Elise hesitated for a while. As her doubts grew, she opened her mouth.

“Please greet Hubby.”

“… … what?"

Linden's face hardened. what now?

“Maybe I just heard wrong? what?"

But they weren't wrong.

She bit her lip and spoke again.

“… … Please meet the pick to succeed the heir.”

“… … !”

His expression hardened infinitely.

“Hubi… … Called? Are you serious?”

Linden asked in a low voice. It was an angry voice, but Elise did not back down. She nodded her head with a hard face.

“Yes, I mean it.”

"under!"

Linden put her hand on her forehead.

"Who is it? Who asked you to talk like that?”

“Nobody. It's something I've been thinking about before. The future of the empire is at stake, and we can't just wait like this."

Linden sighed.

I was angry when the story of the concubine came out of her mouth. I'm sad too I only have you!

Still, he suppressed his anger.

Because I know that she will be the most upset in this situation. How heartbreaking must it have been for her to say that to herself?

He spoke in the softest way possible.

“There will be a child. No, what if it doesn't happen? i love you this much I just need you.”

Hearing what he thought of herself, Elise felt moved.

She, too, did not like that he was beaten by the concubine. who would like that? That the man he loves fits another woman.

But I couldn't wait any longer. Even if you don't like it, now you have to meet her concubine and succeed her heir.

Elise wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as her eyes were about to turn red, then spoke in a strong tone.

“I love Linden too. More than anyone else, I want to have your baby. But what if it doesn't work? Please welcome her concubine for me. Please.”

After saying that, I tried to hold it in, but in the end a tear fell.

“… … .”

Linden stared at her with her mouth firmly shut.

'Damn it. I don't like it.'

Of course he knows.

It didn't matter who inherited the throne, but it didn't matter to other people. In particular, the most troublesome would be her.

'Still, I can't get hit by a concubine.'

Linden shook her head.

To have another woman besides her? She couldn't even imagine. Her own soul and her body were reserved for her alone.

'I have no intention of accepting anyone but you, Elise.'

I would rather have let go of the throne.

“… … .”

So there was silence between the two.

And then Linden opened her mouth.

“Is it okay if I only have descendants?”

"Yes?"

“Then the solution is simple. Wouldn't it be nice if you had my baby?”

Elise blinked.

who doesn't know that? It's what she wants most. But what does she do when she can't?

“It can’t be.”

“No, okay.”

The Emperor spoke in a voice full of conviction.

“Unconditionally.”

“… … ?”

Elise made an expression of incomprehension.

“Because I will make it.”

Linden raised an eyebrow.

“From now on, I will only focus on making babies. Until the baby is born, everything is at a standstill. Elise, do as I say. Don't even think about running away."

So, under Linden's command, the baby-making project, at which the future of the great empire depended, began.

“Lungs, Your Majesty?”

Elise panicked and called him.

“What are you going to do?”

“How do you do it?”

Holding Elise's hand with one hand and dragging her somewhere, Linden laughed deeply.

"They're trying to kidnap you."

"Yes? Kidnapped? what?"

“To a place where there is no one, just the two of us.”

What kind of kidnapping between couples? I looked at him wondering if he was joking, but his eyes were serious.

“I’ve been thinking about it, but there is only one reason why we don’t have children.”

"which?"

“You are too busy.”

At those words, Elise shut her mouth.

Linden said in a disgruntled voice.

“Even if you don’t, your body is weak, do you have a little too much to do? I am in charge of not only internal affairs, but also surgery and treatment, and de facto health policy and work. … .”

I haven't even talked about half of it yet, but there was a lot of jingle.

It was amazing what he could do with such a small body.

“Even if you eat only good food, sleep well, and feel comfortable, you are unlikely to get pregnant, so how can you conceive a baby if you work so hard all the time?”

Elise had nothing to say.

Medically, being busy doesn't mean you can't get pregnant, but it's hard to say there's no effect at all.

“… … .”

Linden clicked her tongue at Elise, who was speechless.

“Of course I know. That your abilities are needed in many fields. But sometimes you need a break, and you push yourself too hard. That way, the baby you're trying to conceive will also run away.”

"But… … .”

Still, Elise hesitated without nodding her head.

It wasn't even a diary, it wasn't that she didn't want to take a break.

But there were so many things she had to do. She could not turn away from them and rest.

Then he hugged her gently.

“Elise.”

“… … Yes."

“It’s a problem because you have too much responsibility. I'll never be able to get out of work here, so let's get out of the palace and go somewhere where it's just the two of us. Let’s take a break and focus on making babies.”

Linden said.

“By the way, this is Hwangmyeong. Shall we issue an official edict? The empress will drop everything and leave to make a baby with the emperor.”

At that playful tone, Elise chuckled.

Clearly, he needed a break.

'If you rest... … Can I have his baby too?'

Elise muttered to herself.

I do not know. Because overwork is not necessarily the cause of infertility.

Still, if there was a possibility, I wanted to try any method. She wanted to have children with him because she was the greatest.

“Then, when are you going to rest?”

“How long?”

Linden whispered to her as she hugged him.

“Until the child is born.”

Elise lowered her head and asked.

"Pregnant… … What if not?”

“It will be. I will definitely make it happen.”

He bit her earlobe lightly and licked it down with his tongue.

Elise let out a moan at the feeling like an electric current passing through her earlobes.

"ah… … .”

he said in a mischievous voice.

"I'm prepared to torment you endlessly until the baby is born."

When the emperor and empress suddenly left the palace, the palace turned upside down. In particular, the head of the palace department, who is good at finding fault with each other, jumped up and down.

“It’s an exit! Nonsense!”

“Your Majesty and Mama are the center of the Empire!”

But Linden calmed everyone's opposition with one word.

“I will make descendants and come back!”

At that, everyone shut up.

For that reason, I couldn't object. No, it was something I had to raise my hands and cheer for.

The ministers greeted them as they left the palace with loud greetings.

“I wish you good news!”

“I wish the birth of a healthy prince!”

Some citizens came to pick up the carriage leaving Rondo, no matter where they heard it.

Linden and Elise are a married couple loved by all citizens. Everyone was waiting for the news of their second generation, so fervent support poured in.

“His Majesty, fighting!”

“Show the power of a romanticist!”

“When you come back, be sure to come back as three people, not two!”

“Twins are great too!”

It was a somewhat comfortable (?) word to shout out to the imperial couple of the great empire, but they were all too friendly to the citizens, so they all went over without a big deal.

While she was gone, Elise's job was thoroughly taken over by Graham and other well-suited people.

It may not be better than what she does, but they are all talented people with passion. burned with enthusiasm

'Don't worry. I'll take care of it without any problems!'

'Please leave all the surgeries to me!'

In the case of Linden, he entrusted a large part to the chancellor, the Marquis El, and he sent messengers or ministers to himself for important matters.

So the two went on vacation to make a baby.

The deadline was until the baby was born.

The place Elise and Linden headed for was the imperial villa located on the eastern coast of Britia Island.

Entering the quaintly decorated villa, you can see the white sandy beach and the ocean at a glance.

"Wow… … .”

Elise exclaimed in admiration at the sight of the open ocean.

“Do you like it?”

“Yes, it is very pretty.”

“I like it too.”

He approached her standing by the window and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

Elysee's face blushed as he felt his arms firmly.

"Linden?"

"Now it's just the two of us."

"Yes."

"Do you like it."

With that, he lifted her chin slightly and kissed her lips.

His tongue played deep inside her mouth. An intense kiss as if she owned everything she owned.

"ah… … Linden."

Her legs gave out and Elise grabbed his arm.

"stop… … .”

But Linden didn't stop.

"not there yet."

His lips brushed his cheeks and moved to his ears. He whispered, running her finger across her earlobe.

“I love you, Elise.”

And the contact of dense love that follows. Tongue and tongue mingled in, his lips indulging her white skin.

feeling dizzy.

Her body trembled whenever his tongue touched her skin. Unable to bear it any longer, Elise begged him.

"ah… … My… … please… … .”

Linden asked teasingly.

"What?"

“That, stop… … .”

Elise said with a look as if she was going to cry.

Of course, he wasn't going to stop doing that. does she know How much this kind of plea makes you feel hotter.

He couldn't stand it any longer and took her body with his strong arms.

“… … Lee, Linden? what are you going to do?”

“What are you doing?”

Holding her in his arms, he strode over to the bed at the far end of the room.

Elise exclaimed in surprise.

“Gee, it’s broad daylight now.”

"Know."

"Linden?"

He landed on the bed and whispered softly to her.

“I need to make a baby.”

“… … !”

Elise's face ripened like an apple at the mischievous yet profound words.

“Ha, but time. I have a lot of time now, but later at night... … .”

But she couldn't finish.

His fingers stroked his bulging chest. She gasped and held her breath.

He said, caressing her soft skin.

“I make it even then. I still make them.”

“… … !”

His lips penetrated hers once more.

“The future of the great empire is at stake, so we should work hard together, right? Isn't that right, empress?”

Hearing that desire-filled voice, Elise felt it.

How much he will torment himself with the excuse of making a baby.

After a fierce storm raged like that, Elise slumped on the bed with a tired face. It was a very tired face.

Linden, on the other hand, didn't look tired at all.

On the contrary, her chiseled face was more lively than before, and she pouted her lips in spite of herself. She herself is so difficult.

"I hate you."

"what?"

“Just.”

Linden chuckled.

He lowered his head and kissed her sweaty forehead.

“If I hate you, I should give you more love.”

“… … !”

It was obvious even if I hadn't heard what love he was talking about.

Elise looked at him in surprise. For some reason, the eyes were not serious. Her longing for her was burning, even though she had just indulged her so much.

Elise shook her head hastily as the atmosphere was unusual. she no longer It seemed that she would die.

"it's okay."

"Why? You say you hate it? I hate you, so you should be loved.”

“Oh, no. I do not hate you.”

To avoid being eaten, she ran backwards.

But even so, where would you go on the bed?

It wasn't long before the wall hit my back.

“I think I didn’t have enough love.”

“Oh, it wasn’t enough!”

“I guess I wasn’t enough?”

Linden hugged Elise tightly.

“Kyaaak!”

Linden giggled as she held her fidgeting body in her strong arms. And whispered in her ear.

"love."

“… … !”

"I love you. More than anything else. My Elise.”

A soft and sweet voice.

Why? It's a confession of love that I always hear, but every time I hear it, my heart trembles and I'm happy.

Elise closed her eyes.

“Yes, me too.”

Their lips overlapped once again.

The warm sunlight landed on their bodies as if blessing them.

So the two started a new life.

It was a life away from everything and only looking at each other.

“The view here is really nice.”

“Do you like it?”

“Yes, it is a place I have always wanted to visit.”

The reason why she chose this place as a resting place was because she had previously said she wanted to visit this resort.

As dusk fell, the two of them took a walk along the beach holding each other's hands. The sound of the crashing waves resonated pleasantly.

“Shall we sit down for a minute?”

"Yes."

Sitting on a bench, they enjoyed the beautiful scenery for a while.

The twilight ocean glowed red. And the coastal towns spread out next to it.

It was a sight that could only be seen in a painting.

“It’s like there.”

"where?"

“You know where I kidnapped you back then?”

Linden tilted her head.

It was not once that he kidnapped (?) her. But I soon realized where she was talking.

It must be referring to the port town where he proposed before marriage.

"Right. It seems a little different.”

“There and here, both are pretty and good.”

Then, the two chatted about various things.

There are no special themes, but stories that make you feel comfortable.

“Something is strange.”

Elise quietly leaned her head on his shoulder and said.

"What's interesting?"

"It's okay even if you're not doing anything like this."

Her life was a series of work. She was like that before she became empress, and she was like that after she became empress. It was the same in her previous life, when she lived on Earth.

It was awkward to take a break like this after living as a workaholic.

Linden replied, running a hand through her platinum hair.

“Isn’t it okay to do nothing?”

“Are you making babies?”

"That's important, but there's one more."

"what?"

“You need to focus on me.”

"ah… … .”

He was dissatisfied with her always looking elsewhere even when he was next to him.

there is nothing here

Linden said, kissing her eyes lightly.

"Only Look At Me."

Elise asked.

“What about Linden?”

At that question, Linden smiled.

“I’ve been looking only at you from the beginning. always. always."

'cause you're my life

The reason the two came here was to see the heir, but of course they weren't just making babies.

I did a lot of sweet things.

“Um, Linden? what does this smell like? What kind of burning smell?”

Elise came down from the bedroom on the second floor rubbing her sleepy eyes.

Yesterday too, after suffering through the night, I was sleeping late without knowing the world, but I woke up to a strange smell.

When I went to the kitchen, I saw a surprise.

A sculptural handsome man wearing an apron was 'burning' something in a frying pan.

“… … Linden?"

Elise herself saw something, but blinked.

Linden looked at her and said.

“Are you awake? You must be tired, so why don’t you sleep a little longer?”

“Ah, that’s fine, but what are you doing now… … ?”

said Linden, glaring at the frying pan.

There was a little sweat on his forehead from how eager he was.

“I am cooking for you. It's almost done, so lie down a little longer."

“Oh, no… … There is a chef who came with me from the imperial palace, so why is Linden in person?”

Of course, the two of them were not alone in this villa. There were also people who would help out.

But why direct?

Linden waved the frying pan upward like a professional cook would, stirring the pot with her other hand. An unidentified black object lying on top of the frying pan was crisp and shattered.

“Yeah, that’s what I want to do.”

Elise covered her mouth with her hand.

To think that the emperor would cook like this for himself. It was exciting.

But at the same time, it's a thought.

'… … Are you good at cooking? Why is it in that shape? What is that?'

Judging by the several broken eggs next to it, it looks like they are trying to make an omelet. But why are cooked eggs dark brown?

'And why does the burning smell come up every time you stir the pot?'

said Linden, wiping the sweat from her brow.

"wait a moment. it will be soon But it's a bit inconsistent.”

No, I don't think the seasoning is not the problem... … When I saw that unidentified shape, I wondered if I could eat it or if it was cooking.

Linden also tilted her head, wondering if something didn't work out the way she thought.

“What's the problem? I did exactly what the chef told me to do. Damn, that's hard."

Then he put on an embarrassed expression.

“I guess we have to wait a little longer. You must be hungry. I'm sorry.”

Elise chuckled.

An emperor wearing an apron and cooking.

She came up behind Linden, who was struggling with the frying pan. She leaned against her back and hugged him.

“Thank you so much. I am impressed.”

I love you, Linden.

He paused for a moment at the touch of her back.

Then he turned and kissed her on the lips.

"ah… … .”

A deep kiss followed.

His tongue penetrated deep inside her. She groaned at the intense feeling that came with her love. It's a feeling you never get used to.

"Linden… … stop… … .”

"What do we do?"

"Yes?"

“You don’t want to stop?”

Elise's face turned red.

“Oh, no. It is still morning.”

“What is breakfast?”

“Yo, you have to cook too.”

At those words, Linden fell with a regretful face. Yes, he had an important mission left for him now. She should feed her her delicious breakfast!

“Okay, wait a minute. I will make sure to cook enough to make your eyes go round.”

Then he stirred the frying pan around.

But can a dish that has already been ruined come to life just by working hard? The more I touched it, the weirder it got.

'Why is it so difficult? Maybe I should have just grilled firewood.'

If it was firewood that he had done several times in the field, he was confident in his own way. All you have to do is bake it!

At that time, Elysee, smiling at her sweaty husband from behind, came to her side.

“I will try again.”

“You?”

Elise nodded confidently.

“Yes, I am very good at cooking.”

'Because I did a lot in my previous life, living on my own.'

Actually, I wasn't that good at it, but I'm sure it's better than the Emperor.

“I still want to do it… … .”

“I will do it for you today. I want to do it too.”

She put on an apron, put her hair back in a ponytail, and stood in front of Linden and began to yo.

"Please wait. I'll do it soon.”

Linden just stared at her without answering.

Because she was standing right in front of him, a fragrant scent approached him.

'Why are you so lovely?'

Elise had a happy expression, as if she liked cooking for the first time in a while. He hummed her hum as he moved the kitchen knife.

Is it because I love you? Linden couldn't take her eyes off her apron as she cooked. His gaze went to the nape of her neck, which was constantly exposed in white.

“Go and sit down. It won't take long.”

It was time for Elise to speak with a smile.

He held her in his strong arms from behind.

"Linden?"

Suddenly, she looked back at him in surprise.

And at that moment, a surprise kiss.

“Lee, Linden?”

Elise opened her eyes wide in surprise. But Linden wouldn't let her go.

He continued to kiss her persistently, and gently stroked her body with one hand.

"ah… … .”

Feeling dizzy, Elise let out a groan. Her body was drained of strength.

“Lee, Linden. Yo, I have to cook.”

"don't do it."

“Ha, but… … .”

"I'll do the cooking again later."

“Lee, Linden.”

Linden bit her white nape lightly and ran his tongue through it. Elise inhaled and inhaled her breath.

“Because you keep driving me crazy.”

“When I… … .”

But she couldn't speak. He came back kissing me again.

"ah… … Linden… … .”

“I love you, Elise.”

"Yes… … Me too."

With such burning love, the two's cooking project went back to failure.

"cool."

Elise murmured as she was held in his arms. It felt good to feel the firmness in his chest.

"what?"

“We are only looking at each other like this.”

“Don’t you like it? Do you want to go back to the hospital quickly?”

Elise shook her head.

“No, fine. too… … .”

Life as a doctor is precious. Her job as empress is also important.

But why are we so happy at the time we are facing each other like this?

She realized again that she really loved him.

“You know what? Something I love Linden a lot.”

Linden looked her warmly into her eyes.

"me too. me too."

Then, at the sudden thought, Linden chuckled.

“Why are you like that?”

“Ah, it reminds me of the old days. You really hated me at first.”

Elise made an embarrassed expression.

Clearly it was. She even makes a bet with Sun Hwang not to marry him. She even cried out loud when she decided to get engaged to her brother Chris to get him out of her war.

“At that time, Linden hated me too.”

“I didn’t hate it.”

Linden shook her head.

“It was just one thing that filled my head and I couldn’t afford to look at anything else.”

Elise shut her mouth.

What he says means revenge. In the end, it ended with his forgiveness.

She hesitated for a moment before asking.

"Perhaps… … Do you not regret forgiving them?”

“I have no regrets.”

Linden replied. His voice was calm.

“It was I who wished for revenge. It wouldn't have been what my mother and sister wanted. I think what they really wanted was my happiness.”

Elise nodded.

After that, the two stayed silent for a while.

Linden stroked her hair and opened her mouth.

“Come to think of it, Mikhail, he seems to be doing well.”

"ah! Did you get a letter?”

"Lately."

At those words, Elise jumped up from his arms. It was a face full of joy.

“Tell me. I was wondering if you were doing well even if you weren’t.”

“I was curious about how the ugly guy is doing.”

“You are my friend. Of course I'm curious. show me the letter Yeah? Yes?"

"doesn't exist. I threw it away.”

“You didn’t throw it away. Show me. Yeah? Yes?"

Seeing her delighted Linden pouted in pain for no reason.

Still, he couldn't stand her aegyo and showed the letter.

'wheat.'

Elise muttered his nickname to herself.

- How are you, brother? How's Rize doing?

Linden grumbled at the phrase.

“I want you to call me brother-in-law. Where is Rize?”

-I'm doing well. I arrived in the Romanov Territory just as my brother commanded.

After that, his current situation was written all the way.

“Mill, then, has returned from Qing and is in Romanov territory?”

“Because Grand Duke Romanov is not in good shape. He is helping with work.”

After the power struggle, Mikhail, who was exiled, wandered the western continent with Empress Marien.

After spending about a year like that, Empress Marien suddenly fell ill due to a sudden illness, and after mourning her mother's funeral, he traveled to the far east to get rid of everything.

And from Hindi to Qing and Ryeo.

He traveled so loudly that his prowess was even transmitted to the island of Britia.

A book called 'The Adventures of the Sword Emperor, Part 2!' was published by weaving those stories together, and it was a spectacular adventure story comparable to most novels.

After such a windy trip, he recently returned to the Romanov Territory. It was because the condition of the Archduke Romanov was deteriorating and Linden asked for it.

“Are you going to entrust the Romanovs to Mill?”

“Well, according to tradition, Mikhail, that bastard should be the next Grand Duke of Romanov, but due to the dispute over the previous regime, we will have to discuss it with the ministers.”

It was a tradition of the Romanov family that the grand duke who governed the Romanov Territory, the emperor's direct jurisdiction in the northern part of the western continent, was in charge of the emperor's brother from generation to generation.

“I know he can't be second-minded, but other people may not think so. In fact, appointing someone from another imperial family is the correct answer, but it's a problem because there's no suitable person.”

"okay. But will Mill try to become a grand duke?”

“Well, I don't know. Anyway, I'll have to think about it later."

Elise thought for a moment before opening her mouth.

"Linden. Can I ask for just one?”

“Of course not. tell me.”

"Afterwards… … Can you take me with you when you visit the Romanovs?”

“Mikhail, because of him?”

Linden frowned.

Elise nodded cautiously.

“It’s been a long time since I haven’t seen you. I want to see you once... … .”

Linden responded quickly.

"no."

"Yes? why? Originally, there are many cases of visiting with the empress in the Romanov territory.”

"do not know. no."

“Are you grumpy now?”

"no. Anyway, no.”

Elise puffed out her lips.

“Then I will ask you with the authority of the imperial cross… … .”

Linden wrinkled her face.

The bastard's imperial cross! why did i give it to you

"i get it. Instead, there are conditions.”

“Yes, what?”

Linden stuck out his cheek to her.

"kiss."

Time passed just like that.

Linden and Elise visited the surrounding villages, participated in festivals, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

Linden continued to try cooking, but her skills seldom improved. Even if Elise stopped her, she was determined to one day succeed in her favorite strawberry cake.

Those were happy times.

To the extent that I wish I could just live like this.

However, apart from deep happiness, the long-awaited and longed-for baby rarely came.

Elise did not say anything in particular, but showed signs of becoming increasingly impatient.

"do not worry. Can a baby be born overnight? I came thinking it would take a long time.”

Elise nodded her head in gratitude. But she didn't like her expression.

'I wonder if that's okay.'

These thoughts did not stop.

To make matters worse, Elise's body deteriorated. She wasn't seriously ill, but she was starting to get sick.

“Haa, why are you hurting again?”

“… … sorry."

Elise made an apologetic expression on Linden's upset expression.

Linden sighed. It broke her heart every single time she was sick.

'It would be better if I could get sick instead.'

Elise shook her head as if not to worry.

"It's just that I'm not feeling well, so I'll get better soon. Do not worry too much."

“I contacted the imperial palace and told them to send a doctor.”

“No, you don't have to. It will get better very soon.”

The two were silent for a while.

Linden's concern for her, and Elise's complicated mind.

Elise slowly opened her mouth.

"Linden."

"yes?"

"I… … Shall we go back to the imperial palace when we feel better?”

Linden frowned.

"Why?"

Elise smiled bitterly.

"just… … I don't think so.”

Linden shook her head.

“What do you mean? The baby will be born soon.”

“You worked hard. I don't think so. So, His Majesty, too, please meet the pick now.”

At that, Linden took offense.

“Hobby? Don't talk nonsense. I only have you, so what kind of bastard are you?”

"your majesty."

“I swear to God, if I really don’t have a baby, I have no intention of getting picked. I'd rather put it down if I let go of the throne.”

Linden stood up.

"So don't talk about it again. Got it?”

“… … Linden."

Elise closed her eyes.

His heart was grateful, but his heart was stuffy.

'I wish I could get well soon.'

However, contrary to her wishes, her condition did not improve easily.

Like a sick chick, he sighed and then started to feel sick and vomit.

“Elise?!”

Hearing her retching, Linden was taken aback.

Elise waved her hand.

“Oh, I just feel bad. Oops!”

Linden said hastily.

“I will contact the imperial palace right now and call for a royal doctor.”

Elise shook her head.

“Oh, it's okay. I don't think it's anything special.”

I didn't have a fever, and I didn't have stomach pains or other symptoms, so it didn't seem like there was anything special about my stomach.

'I'll be fine if I rest a little.'

However, the condition did not improve easily. Rather, it got worse and worse, and Elise couldn't even eat properly.

“Doctors will arrive from the imperial palace around today. Hang in there, Elise.”

Linden said nervously.

Elise shook her head as if to say not to worry.

"it's okay. It will get better.”

But when she said that, her complexion was drawn. Seeing her face like that, Linden felt her heart break.

'why. Sigh.'

Linden looked up at the sky and sighed.

I love her so much, but I don't know if only upset things keep happening. Her baby is not born, only her body is sick.

'It's really good if you don't have a baby, so get well soon. I wish I could get sick instead.'

Elise tried to say that she was fine, but retching came up again.

“Oops!”

But the moment she vomited again, a diagnosis passed through her mind.

'no way? Come to think of it, the last period?'

Elise thought with trembling eyes.

A state of nausea without menstruation.

'Why didn't I think of this?'

Her heart quivered with anticipation.

'no. I'm not sure yet.'

She shook her head, trying not to have any expectations. She seemed so disappointed when it turned out that she hadn't expected it.

'But given the circumstances, there's definitely a possibility. please… … .'

And that was the moment. The voices of the Royal Guard were heard from the entrance of the mansion.

"your majesty! A medical doctor has arrived from the imperial palace!”

“Let them in!”

Linden, who had been waiting for the anxious doctors, exclaimed in delight.

Soon after, Peter, the Imperial Court Doctor, and Graham, the second member of the Empire, came in gasping. Medical staff, including nurses, rushed in.

Everyone came to the story that the empress they respected, Elise, had a sudden illness.

"your majesty! What about Mama?”

“Here it is. Please treat me quickly.”

Professor Peter and Graham's expressions hardened at the urgent look on Linden's face and the pale complexion of Elise.

“Excuse me for a second, Mama.”

Elise was about to say what she had guessed first, but kept her mouth shut. He wasn't quite sure yet, so he wanted to hear another doctor's opinion.

Peter and Graham carefully examined Elise.

As they questioned the symptoms with a medical examination, examined them, and examined them for a long time, Linden put on a nervous expression.

“Are you okay? Are you okay?”

“I’ll have to do a test to know for sure.”

"test? what? Are you in a bad state?”

Linden asked urgently, startled.

“It's not bad. Rather, I should congratulate you.”

"congrats?"

Linden frowned. The empress is so sick, congratulations?!

Then Peter smiled.

"It's too early, so I'm not sure yet, but I think it's good to expect good news."

"Early? Good news?”

Linden's eyes widened abruptly from an expression of incomprehension. She realized what Peter was talking about.

"no way?"

“Yes, you have a baby.”

“… … ?!”

Linden looked at Elise. Elise was also looking at him. With tears welling up in her big eyes.

“Elise.”

"your majesty… … .”

he hugged her tightly It was a hug of joy.

"That's great. That's great!”

Elise shook her head as she embraced him.

“We still have to test to find out what’s accurate.”

“Of course it will! Don't get hit.”

Linden exclaimed in joy.

Elise closed her eyes.

Test results confirmed that she was pregnant.

At the news of the Empress's pregnancy, Rondo was instantly engulfed in a festive mood.

The news of Elise's pregnancy is what everyone has been waiting for.

All the citizens came out to the streets and cheered with joy.

“Long live the Emperor! Long live the empress!”

“Long live the prince!”

“No, it must be a princess!”

“What are you talking about, of course you must be the prince.”

“I wish I was a princess. How cute and pretty would a princess look like the empress?”

Citizens standing next to someone's words fell silent. A baby that resembles the empress. be cuter than a doll

“Oh, I don’t know. Princess this time! Next time, it will be the prince!”

“Yes, give birth to at least five children!”

“No, 10 people!”

“Yes, 10 people are good!”

Citizens shouted cheers, unreservedly requesting that Linden would be stunned when he heard it.

And, of course, Elise and Linden were most delighted with the pregnancy news.

The moment she heard the pregnancy test result, Elise shed the tears she had been holding back.

What kind of baby are you hoping for?

Linden hugged her.

“Why are you crying?”

“Huh. I just like it.”

Linden gently stroked her, who was not easily calmed down.

Elise said while wiping her tears.

“Thank you, Linden.”

“Thank you for what. You did the hard work.”

"No. Thank you so much.”

It was all thanks to him supporting himself that he was able to endure such a difficult road.

"i love you."

Linden smiled softly and nodded.

“I love you too, my Elise. By the way, it's nice to have a baby, but I'm worried about one thing.”

“Which one?”

Elise put on a puzzled expression.

One of my biggest worries has been solved, what worries?

“If you have a baby, you won’t be neglecting me, right?”

It wasn't just words.

Isn't she a lot of things to do even if she doesn't? Linden said she was worried that once the baby was born she would be left completely cold.

"Well… … . You should definitely give your baby some love too... … than before... … .”

Linden's eyebrows furrowed at her words.

"what? really?"

Elise chuckled.

"just joke. I only have you. i love you."

She calmed him down, but he didn't look worried. If a baby is born, it won't be a cold meal, right?

'I don't like that.'

Linden thought sullenly.

For some reason, I had a strong feeling that I would be jealous of the baby.

Anyway, time flew by.

Her slim stomach also began to swell little by little.

“Is a baby growing in this?”

“Yes, it is amazing.”

She smiled warmly.

Linden touched her stomach, then withdrew in surprise. something had moved.

"This?"

Elise hugged her stomach.

“It’s Taedong. My baby is moving.”

Linden carefully brought her hand back to the boat. I felt something convex and convex.

“The baby is kicking in the stomach.”

Linden frowned.

"You're kicking your stomach? No matter how much my baby is, I'm going to have to scold you.”

“What are you scolding? You are healthy and happy. Anyway, judging from how hard he works, he must be a prince.”

"is it? I wish I was your daughter.”

“Your daughter?”

Linden nodded.

Of course, in terms of succession to the throne, the prince should be better than the princess, but from a personal father's point of view, he wanted a daughter.

How cute would a princess look just like her? She seemed to be able to love her even more.

However, Elise thought the opposite.

“I am a prince who looks like Linden. I think it would be so cute.”

Linden frowned.

“No, if you look like me, you won’t be cute at all. You must be frowning every day.”

Elise remembered the little boy who looked just like Linden frowning. It looked so cute!

She stroked her stomach. She seemed to be happy with either her son or her daughter, who resembled Linden. I wanted to meet you soon.

'Grow up quickly and healthily.'

Soon, the day of childbirth arrived.

After 10,000 days of labor, the baby everyone was waiting for was born.

“Are you okay, Elise?!”

Linden, who had been stamping her feet outside, hurriedly jumped in. Her face was bruised from how worried she was.

Elise smiled with a tired face.

“He is a son just like you.”

Professor Peter, who led her delivery, smiled.

“I am a brave prince. Congratulations, Your Majesty!”

Linden looked at the newborn baby. The baby wrapped in silk swaddling was crying loudly.

'Our baby.'

His heart skipped a beat when he saw the little baby wriggling. It was a tickling feeling that was difficult to explain.

“Isn’t it so pretty?”

“… … It's not pretty."

At that, she glanced at him.

“It’s because it’s the first day.”

Originally, the first day a baby is born, it looks wrinkled and ugly, but after a day, the skin becomes soft and cute.

“Hug me.”

Linden picked up the baby and held it in her arms.

Along with the warm feeling, the unknown tickling feeling grew even more.

“How are you?”

He hesitated before opening his mouth.

"line… … Good luck.”

Yeah, I don't know, but this unknown feeling seemed to be happiness.

"Me too. I'm happy. Thank you for being with me.”

Linden softly kissed her forehead.

My love, Elise.

The greatest blessing God has bestowed on me.

“Elise, I have an order.”

“Yes, an order?”

“To be healthy. forever. can't be sick Because you should be happy with me forever.”

Elise quietly smiled at those words.

“Yes, Linden too. We are happy together forever.”

Chapter 3 Letters from the Romanovs

'Why did I say I was happy when he was born?'

Linden thought, frowning in her lion sign.

It has already been a year since the prince was born with the blessings of all citizens.

He remembered the first time he held his baby in his arms. Her heart throbbed in her face as if she mixed her half with herself and her beloved.

At the time, I never thought that I would end up in this situation.

'Edward, you bastard.'

He whispered his son's name to himself.

I hated him even though he had just passed his first birthday. he was mean

"Sigh."

Hearing his sigh, the new secretary put on a puzzled expression. Chris, his former secretary, was promoted to Deputy Chief of Administration in recognition of his abilities.

“Why is that, Your Majesty? Is there anything wrong with the new bill drafted by the National Assembly?”

“No. I think we should proceed like this.”

“Then what about the affair with Françoën this time?”

"no. I don't think that would be a big problem either. Fortunately, this time the President seems to be a person who is friendly to Britia, so things will go smoothly.”

However, the emperor's face was still not good for answering like that, so the new secretary worried that there might be a problem in state affairs that he didn't know about.

'I don't think there's been any particular problem lately?'

It wasn't without problems.

The Britia Empire continued to develop dazzlingly under the rule of a handsome man like a sculpture in front of me, the Emperor of the Sky.

Military if military, economy if economy, diplomacy if diplomacy, culture if culture.

Regardless of anything else, the Britia Empire was enjoying the greatest prosperity. Even during the previous Minchester era, Britia was the strongest country in the world, but now it deserves to be called the most brilliant era in history.

Truly a golden age.

Why is the face of the emperor who is leading such prosperity so full of worry? Is there something he's missing?

Unlike the previous secretary, who had many nasty aspects, the new secretary, who was firmly united with respect for the emperor, spoke in a voice full of loyalty.

“Your Majesty, if there is anything I haven't figured out, please tell me. If it is something I can do, I will do my best in anything.”

At that, the emperor looked at him in silence for a moment.

There was something in his eyes that was uncharacteristic of an emperor who was praised as a sage.

"You."

“Yes, just say the word, Your Majesty!”

“Does he see well?”

“… … Yes?"

The new secretary put on a bewildered expression at the completely unexpected question.

"Child… … Are you talking?”

"yes."

“No, my conviction is unmarried… … Why is that?”

At those words, the emperor clicked his tongue as if it was no help.

“Are you married?”

“We plan to do it this fall, Your Majesty!”

“Then Jim will give you one piece of advice.”

“… … ?”

Then the Emperor spoke in a serious voice to the secretary with a puzzled expression.

“Enjoy your honeymoon. You can have the baby as late as possible.”

The sun was getting dark and the exhausting state affairs were over, and Linden headed to the palace where she was staying.

However, his expression was not good.

When he returned to the palace, he always had a light smile at the thought of seeing her, but he frowned.

'Will it be the same today?'

Linden muttered to herself.

I hoped not, but it won't happen.

'I knew it would be like this. Edward, I told my sister before he was born.'

he sighed.

As expected, as she approached the room where she was staying, she heard 'that sound'.

“Kkereureu!”

"Wow! Edward, well done.”

“Oh my, my God!”

The innocent baby's voice and hers were heard together. His voice was full of happiness, but his expression did not open.

Because that innocent voice was the source of worry.

“Kuhm.”

As she entered the room with a clearing of her throat, Elise greeted him with a bright expression. In her arms was a black-haired baby who looked exactly like him.

“Linden, are you here?”

Elise gently put the baby down and came closer to her, and Linden gently hugged her.

“Did you have a good day today?”

"Ah yes."

“Isn’t there anything particularly difficult? I missed you."

As we were about to kiss her, Elise blushed and shook her head.

“I see Edward.”

“How do you see it? I don't know anyway.”

“I don’t know what. Anyway, no.”

Linden frowned.

Lately, she has been getting more of this rejection. It's all because of that old Edward.

“It’s okay… … .”

It was when he said that and brought his lips together.

Sudden withdrawal! Cries were heard.

“Aww! Mom! Mommy!”

“Edward! our prince. Why are you crying?”

Elise left him alone and ran to his son to comfort him.

Abandoned Linden pouted her lips.

“Why is he crying all the time?”

“Because he is a baby, he cries naturally. Gulp Gulp. Edward, don't cry.”

After Elise calmed her down, the baby immediately stopped crying and smiled brightly. When the baby laughed, she smiled brightly as well.

As the mother and son laughed happily at each other, Linden sighed. She felt somehow left out.

'Please take care of me too, Elise. Don't worry about your son.'

Even when she comes to see her after work, she only cares about Edward. She herself had long since become cold rice.

'I knew it would be like this. This is why I didn't want to have children.'

He wanted to cut off all the ministers who appealed to him that he must have descendants.

At that time, Elise looked at her son with loving eyes and said,

“Isn’t my son too handsome?”

Linden glanced at her son.

Immaculate skin, dark black hair, they resemble each other as if they had pulled themselves out.

'It would have been better if I resembled her.'

He had hoped for a princess who resembled Elise. How cute she would be when her baby, who looked exactly like her, was toddling around with her!

But that Edward, no matter how you look at it, was the same as himself.

“Are you handsome?”

To repeated questions, Linden answered bluntly.

“I am more handsome.”

“What is it?”

"I'm more handsome."

At the stupid answer, Elise burst into laughter.

"You're not jealous of your son, are you, Your Majesty?"

Linden furrowed her eyebrows.

"jealousy? no."

"Yes?"

"yes."

But it was a look of jealousy.

The emperor of Britia, the world's most powerful country, is jealous of his one-year-old son! Believe it or not, but originally he was jealous of her work.

“Linden, come this way.”

She said, still hugging him with a sullen expression.

"i love you. I only have Edward and you, so don't be jealous.”

“Who is first?”

"Yes?"

“Who do you love more? That Edward and I.”

Elise was speechless at the childish question comparable to 'I like mom or dad'.

“I love you both.”

“So who else?”

At that time, Edward, who had been toddling around, shouted, holding on to her skirt.

“Oops! Mommy!”

love me more a voice that sounds like

Linden asked again, not to be outdone.

“Then who do you love more?”

Surrounded by two children, one big and one small, she cried.

After Edward's birth, life had always been that way for the couple.

Linden is jealous, Elise calms down.

Of course, that didn't mean that Linden truly hated her son. He is also the father. He loved Edward deeply.

It's just that he loves her so much.

Since she is a busy woman, she originally had little time to spend with herself, but after the baby was born, it completely took a back seat.

It wasn't that I couldn't understand it with my head, but I couldn't help but feel grumpy.

After Edward fell asleep, Elise clung to him and said,

“I love you, Linden. Don't be squeamish.”

It wasn't a word suitable for an emperor, but it was a familiar word between the two.

Linden let out a low sigh.

“Only with words?”

"Yes?"

“Do you love me only with words?”

Understanding what he was saying, Elise's face blushed slightly.

After a moment of hesitation, she brought her lips to his cheek.

“Not there.”

Then he looked at her lips.

Elise's cheeks heated up at his intense gaze. Even if they had children, the two always seemed like newlyweds. Every time I see his eyes like that, my heart trembles.

She carefully brought her lips to his. And the moment our lips touch each other.

"town."

His tongue burrowed wildly into his mouth.

A kiss full of longing for her. Elysee let go of her groan at her intense stimulation.

"ah… … Linden… … stop… … .”

But he didn't stop. He rather gently tumbled her onto her bed and climbed onto it.

“Lee, Linden?”

Embarrassed, Elise called out, but he only looked down at her with burning eyes.

His hand reached for her swollen breasts. As his fingers brushed her sensitive spot, Elise drew in her breath.

“Ha, don’t do it. There's also Edward... … .”

It happened that Edward was asleep in their room. But Linden shook her head.

“You are sleeping.”

"still… … .”

Linden touched Elise's lips once more as she tried to say something. It's like stop talking.

“Elise.”

“… … Yes."

“You are mine. don't yield to anyone I know?"

Then he gently bit her neck. As if they were trying to carve their own mark.

Elise felt his touch and closed her eyes.

“Yes, I am yours.”

At that, Linden's mouth raised a grin.

"again. Say it again. Who are you?”

As his hand gradually moved toward her secret place, Elise's face grew hot.

"I… … I am Linden.”

"again."

An obsessive desire to immobilize.

Elise groaned in response to the intense stimulation that came from a secret place.

“I am yours.”

"yes."

Linden nodded.

He and she gradually merged into one.

“You are mine, never forget.”

After a long, long night, the day dawned.

Linden, who was normally sleepy, woke up first and kissed her forehead as she fell asleep after intense love.

“I love you, my Elise.”

“Ugh.”

Elise turned around, and he spoke softly.

“Isn’t today the hospital day off? Sleep a little longer.”

And he looked at Edward, who was lying on the crib on the other side of the room and was fast asleep.

'This nasty bastard... … .'

A nasty bastard who takes her away from him every time.

But is he also a father?

Every time I looked at my son who was sleeping like this, I felt an inexplicable feeling.

something ticklish.

maybe it's love A little different from her love for her.

'I still hate it.'

He bent down and kissed his son on the forehead.

'Miyou, please grow up healthy. Don't rot inside mom.'

Then he headed to his lion palace.

It was a holiday, but what holiday is there for the emperor? Moreover, there are a lot of pending issues that need to be dealt with urgently, so I have been even busier.

However, when he arrived at the lion's palace, the chief chamberlain, Randol, gave him unexpected news.

“You said you sent me a letter from the Romanovs?”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Who is the sender?”

“This is Your Highness Mikhail.”

Linden looked surprised. your brother? What's going on?

When I checked the letter with a curious mind, this phrase was written.

-Brother, I'm sorry, but can you lend me Rize?

what kind of bullshit is this?

Linden thought, frowning.

Thinking it wasn't even worth reading, Linden tried to tear it up. Who are you lending me? what nonsense

But just as he was about to tear the paper, a phrase caught his attention.

-My uncle is in critical condition.

“… … !”

Linden hesitated.

Uncle. It means the younger brother of the former emperor, Minchester, and the current Grand Duke of the Romanovs. Recently, Mikhail was staying in the Romanov territory and helping the Archduke with his business.

“… … .”

Linden knocked on the desk and thought for a while before speaking to the chamberlain, Landol.

“Call the empress.”

Elise, who was preparing to go to the hospital, arrived.

"your majesty?"

“Elise.”

Linden's face didn't look good, so she put on a puzzled look. What's going on?

"What happen?"

“Sit down for a minute.”

He gave her the contents of the letter from Mikhail. After hearing the explanation, Elise's face hardened.

“Then the Grand Duke… … .”

“Yes, it seems that you are very ill. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know the exact condition.”

The letter contained a note from the Grand Duke's physician.

Elise looked at the report without saying a word. The more she read her contents, the more serious her expression became.

said Linden hesitantly.

“What would you do?”

“… … .”

“To be honest, I hope you don’t go.”

That was Linden's sincerity.

I hate her leaving the Imperial Palace for a while due to medical problems, but it's Romanov territory. How many days do you have to be away?

I hated being apart, but I also hated that she had to cross the Great Sea.

The odds of anything special happening were low, but if anything happened to her, he wouldn't be able to stand it.

But… … .

“Should I still go?”

there's no way she won't go she is a doctor

Elise stayed still for a moment, then nodded.

“Yes, I think we should go. sorry."

Linden sighed.

It was unavoidable. Because I was the one who loved that iron-blooded doctor.

Preparations for the trip were completed quickly. Although it was the empress's visit, the grand duke's condition was urgent and there was no time to spare.

On the day of departure, Linden, who came to see Elysee off at the port, always wore a worried expression.

“You must go carefully. Understand?"

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“You must be careful. You're weak, so don't overdo it. Don’t skip meals, and keep that in mind so you don’t get tired.”

Elysee laughed awkwardly as she heard the worry that she had no idea how many times.

My husband treats me like a newborn baby. he's really good

“I have to go with you.”

Linden frowned.

This is what happened, he himself was going to go to the Romanov territory with her.

However, many people, including the secretary, the head of the administration department, and the foreign minister, stopped him. Absolutely not because of various domestic and international issues.

Linden, too, was stubborn, but they could not be defeated. In fact, it was unreasonable for the emperor, the emperor, to go to the Romanov territory beyond the Great Sea due to many complicated problems recently.

'I don't like it.'

He turned his head to look at the elderly man standing stiffly next to him. He was Admiral Galen, commander of the Imperial 2nd Fleet.

“Please take care of me, Admiral.”

“Yes, Your Majesty! Don't worry. We will risk everything in our 2nd Fleet to serve you safely!”

The Empire, no, the 2nd Fleet, which had the world's strongest firepower, decided to join them, but Linden was still not at ease. There was no particular reason for her, rather she seemed to be just insecure that she was falling out with her.

'Other patients would tell me not to go.'

He clicked his tongue inwardly.

Archduke Romanov was Linden's uncle, although he had a high rank.

“Be careful. Don't overdo it... … .”

It was time for Linden to speak again of concern.

Elise lifted her foot slightly and hugged him. Feeling her suddenly approaching, Linden shut her mouth.

“Your Majesty, don't worry too much. I'll have a good trip.”

He hesitated for a moment and said.

“… … yes."

“Take care of Edward.”

At that, Linden furrowed her eyebrows. It reminded me of my son who cries when he sees himself.

Elise seemed more concerned about being away from her son for a while than anything else.

“I’ll be right back.”

After saying such a sad goodbye, Elise boarded the ship. Linden said as the steamboat roared and prepared to leave.

“Elise.”

“Yes, Linden?”

Linden was silent for a moment before speaking.

“Mikhail, can you say hello to him?”

Elise smiled and nodded.

"Yes I will."

Ironclad ships split the blue sea. It was the 2nd Fleet escorting Elise. Among them, a woman with a beautiful appearance like a doll was standing at the stern of the flagship of a striking scale.

'Can I cure it?'

Elise recalled the condition of Grand Duke Romanov that she had seen in the report. Presumably, it seemed to be in the late stage of lung cancer.

'It will be difficult. No matter what country.'

When lung cancer is terminal, it is impossible to cure it even in the modern world. No matter how much she has her excellent medical skills, it would be impossible.

'Still, I might be able to help.'

Nonetheless, the reason she boarded the ship and headed directly to the Romanov territory was to treat the Grand Duke's acute complication.

If this acute complication was resolved, even if a cure was impossible, it might be possible to prolong life to some extent.

'by the way.'

Elise put the report into her arms and looked at the sea.

'long time no see. Going to Saintebourg like this.'

The ship was currently passing the Balto Sea. Soon she was due to enter the port of St. Bourg, the center of the Romanov territories.

It was not the first time to go to St. I had passed through the Balto Sea like this when I participated in the previous Crimean Expedition.

'At that time wheat took care of me a lot.'

He helped a lot by his side, who was not familiar with the ship.

'A lot of time has passed.'

Five years have already passed since Mikhail left Rondo after the power struggle.

How has he been? He wondered if he was doing well and if nothing had changed.

'I'll see you soon.'

The sound of the steamer spewing smoke resounded high.

Hearing that sound, Elise thought to herself.

'I miss you, Mill.'

Soon the fleet reached the port of St. Troubles.

The Romanov Territory, located at the northern end of the Western Continent, was a very vast area to be simply called the Imperial Territory. The national power of the direct territories themselves was no less than that of the great powers.

A place that is virtually different from the main island of Britia, with a different race, culture, climate, and everything else.

However, if there is one thing in common, it is that they serve the Romanov family. Traditionally, the grand duke of the Romanov realm would be one of the emperor's brothers.

'According to the original tradition, it is true that the next Grand Duke will be in charge of Mill... … .'

The issue of the previous regime struggle was at stake, and above all, it was questionable whether Mikhail would want the grand duke position.

'Mill is the grand duke. It doesn't suit me.'

Elise thought of Mikhail becoming a grand duke. He just didn't come out well.

Taang! Taang!

While she was lost in her thoughts, a salute rang out from the port. It was a celebration to welcome the arrival of the empress.

“Wow!”

“Long live Emperor Romanov! Long live the empress!”

“St. Long live Elise!”

Hundreds of citizens flocked to the port and shouted their welcome at her.

Even though it is far away from Britia Island, the citizens of the Romanov Territory were well aware of her reputation as a saint.

Elise smiled slightly at the cheers directed at her and waved her hand.

“Wow!”

“Please treat His Highness the Archduke!”

Received such enthusiastic cheers, the ship docked.

Elysee came down from the ship under the escort of the Royal Guard and hesitated for a moment.

It was a familiar face among many citizens.

'ah… … !'

Gorgeous blonde hair, soft eyes, and a somewhat playful mouth.

It was 'he'.

Mikhail de Romanov. her precious friend. He was out to meet him.

“… … .”

Elise shut her mouth. Her emotions were entangled at the sight of her precious friend whom she hadn't seen in so long.

Mikhail made his way through the crowd of people and walked towards her.

One step, one step. His face drew closer, and her heart pounded.

Soon after, he approached her and bowed his head.

“Michael de Romanov meets Mama, Empress of the British Empire.”

Formal greeting. However, in that courtesy, Elise could read the same playfulness as before.

That's it. After five years, Mill is in front of him. Elise could not easily open her mouth to that fact. She remembered the words she had wanted to say until now. She blinked repeatedly.

How have you been? Where is she sick? How has she been so far. Wasn't she having a hard time?

Elise managed to pull out one of those many words. in a faintly trembling voice.

“… … How are you, Your Highness?”

At that question, Mikhail raised his head.

With the pale smile you showed when we parted five years ago.

“I didn’t get along.”

Then he put on a dark expression.

"ah… … .”

Elise shut her mouth.

Come to think of it, he probably had a happy time with Linden, but he probably didn't. Because he lost everything and had to wander.

But then he brightened his face again. He just put on a dark face as if that was a lie.

“Everything else was fine. The trip was fun, I was glad to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and life in the Romanovs was comfortable.”

"then… … ?”

“Only one.”

Mikhail smiled.

“It was sad not to see Mama, my dearest friend.”

He gently held Elise's hand and knelt down.

Then he kissed the back of her hand and said.

“I missed you. So feel free to call me Mill as before.”

Elise closed her eyes.

“… … Yes, wheat.”

Elise, who was warmly welcomed by the citizens, headed to the palace of the Romanovs with Mikhail.

“I want you to tell my uncle that he apologized for not being able to meet you in person.”

Elise shook her head. It was only natural that her patient, Grand Duke Romanov, could not come out in person.

“How unwell are you?”

“You used to have no energy, but lately you can barely get out of bed.”

The person closest to the childless Grand Duke Romanov was none other than his nephew, Mikhail. He gave her the details of the condition of her Grand Duke Romanov.

"Yes, Thanks. Then, is Mill assisting His Highness the Archduke?”

“We are helping little by little. I'm not sure if it actually helps.”

Mikhail said with a slight smile.

Elise saw that smile and shut her mouth for a moment.

'Wheat is an honorific word.'

It was awkward for him to set an example to himself. But it was unavoidable.

Because now, she was not just an aristocrat, but the empress of an empire. No matter how royal he was, he had to do his best.

'It looks like nothing has changed.'

Still as bright as a flower, bright smile. It was the same wheat that broke up five years ago. A face as if time had stopped.

But is it just a feeling? At the end of a smile that looked the same as before, I felt some unknown pain.

"wheat."

“Yes, Mama.”

Elise hesitated, then shut her mouth.

"mama?"

“… … No."

She shook her head and looked out of the carriage.

Outside the window, the downtown of Sainte-Burg was passing by, lined with buildings that felt different from Rondo.

'Mill, how are you?'

She swallowed the question she originally wanted to ask.

I wanted to spend a little more time with Mikhail, whom I had reunited with after a long time, but there was no time for that. He had to treat the Grand Duke, who was going through life and death.

Upon arriving at the palace, Elise immediately met the Grand Duke and began treatment.

"empress… … mama… … See you.”

“Just lie down. Yes is fine.”

Elise checked the state of the Grand Duke, trying to dissuade the Grand Duke, who was about to stand up and pay his respects even in the state of complete illness, like a corpse.

“Since when has your condition deteriorated so much?”

“Not long ago. The shortness of breath worsened, the limbs swelled, and the swelling did not go away on the face... … .”

The Grand Duke's physician explained the condition.

Elise looked at the Archduke quietly and recalled the presumptive diagnosis.

'It's superior vena cava syndrome. A mass in the lungs has blocked a blood vessel to the heart.'

Superior vena cava syndrome (SVC syndrome)!

A common complication in lung cancer patients is a condition in which a mass in the lung adjacent to the heart blocks a large blood vessel and blocks blood circulation.

'If you don't clear the clogged blood vessels, you will eventually die. I need emergency surgery.'

If it were a modern Earth, radiation treatment would have been possible, but since it was impossible, there was no other way than surgery.

'But fortunately, metastasis to other organs is not severe, so life can be extended if this complication is resolved.'

It would be nice if lung cancer itself was resolved, but it was impossible because of the late timing.

“Are there any other complications now? Any other organ damage or blood test abnormalities?”

"it's okay."

Having finished her judgment, Elise nodded.

“I think I need surgery right now.”

“Now?”

the attending physician was surprised.

“Yes, the sooner you do this surgery, the better the outcome. It's already a little late, so I guess I'll have to hurry."

“But you just arrived. Will you be all right?”

the attending physician asked cautiously.

She has just crossed the Great Sea. But she did the surgery without the slightest break. Will I be okay with that fragile-looking body?

'From the outside, it looks like you won't see a single drop of blood.'

I've heard countless miraculous anecdotes, but I couldn't believe that she was able to perform such a tough surgery with her delicate body.

But that's what I think because I don't know her true identity.

Elise nodded without hesitation.

“Yes, I am fine. We will proceed immediately.”

Immediately after that, emergency surgery was performed.

After the archduke was transferred to the Romanov Hospital, which had the best facilities in St. Petersburg, she was changed into an operating gown.

“I am ready, Mama.”

The doctors who were supposed to assist her politely told her.

Doctors with the best surgical skills in the Romanov Territory were paying respect to her, who was called the best surgeon on the continent, no, in the world.

Elise put on surgical gloves and grabbed a scalpel.

“Open.”

And the operation began.

It was not an easy operation, but fortunately it was successful. All thanks to her excellent surgical skills.

Doctors in the Romanov Territory marveled at the Empress's surgical skills, which they had only heard about.

“Ha, that’s great too.”

“That’s right. When I first saw you, I thought that the stories told were exaggerated, but rather, I couldn't express even half of them properly.”

"I can't believe how he can show such skill with his hands in an urgent situation where his blood pressure drops."

The doctors who witnessed Elise's treatment talked about how they should go to Britia Island and receive training.

Rondo's doctors were somewhat immune to seeing her surgeries, but they weren't. I was shocked to the extent that the paradigm I knew so far was changed.

“The amazing thing is not just the surgical skills. There are many things to imitate in the subsequent treatment and the attitude towards patients.”

“That’s right. He is more noble than anyone else, but he does not spare himself and treats patients as if he were serving. I think I know why she is revered as a saint.”

Surgery does not immediately cure the condition.

I have to do conservative postoperative treatment until my condition improves, but it took time.

So she couldn't return to Rondo right away and decided to stay longer in St. All of them were intractable patients who had been told that treatment was difficult.

Surprised, the nobles of Sainte-Burg said, 'How dare you!' He tried to drive them out, but Elise shook his head and healed them regardless of their status.

An empress curing a commoner!

Compared to Britia Island, in the Romanov Territory, where the class system was somewhat rigid, it was a shock like a revolution.

“Empress Mama, I'm afraid that overdoing it will damage your health.”

The nobles dissuaded her, but Elise only smiled.

“This is fine. Compared to when I was in Rondo, I'm not overdoing it.”

It wasn't empty talk.

As a workaholic, this was not too much of a burden for her.

When I was in Rondo, I had surgery, medical school lectures, health policy review, thesis writing, internal affairs, childcare, and so on.

Thanks to this, her reputation resonated high even in the Romanov territory. Citizens of her Romanov territories scrambled to praise her.

Of course, Elise did not spend her time only looking at patients.

She is a doctor as well as the Empress of the Empire.

Since she had visited the Romanov Territory, which was under direct control of the emperor, she had to attend important events as empress to shine, and also had meetings with major nobles.

Thus, she had a busy time as both a doctor and an empress. It was a meaningful time in its own way.

However, there was one thing that bothered me about the impeccable life of the Romanovs.

"mama?"

While walking through the corridors of the palace, an aristocratic woman made a puzzled expression when she saw Elise, who had stopped walking.

She was looking somewhere, and at the end of her gaze there was a blonde man training the guards.

'wheat.'

Elise bit her lip.

One thing that bothers me.

It was none other than Mikhail.

'What the hell is going on?'

During her stay in Sainte-Bourg, she met and talked often with Mikhail.

It was because he was a precious friend, and he was the highest-ranking person in the Romanov territory, except for the Grand Duke.

But every time we met, somehow his face was not good. He is smiling brightly, but for some reason, should we say that he contains darkness?

'There doesn't seem to be any problem living in particular.'

As soon as I checked while staying here, there seemed to be no problem with him in particular. He was doing very well, contrary to what he was worried about.

Contrary to what he had complained about in a letter to Linden, he was handling the grand duke's affairs admirably, and the trust of citizens and nobles was strong.

But what is that darkness? Is it the sadness of losing a mother?

'no. It's not like that.'

Elise shook her head.

There was no reason, but it felt like that. It was clear that something else was bothering him.

'What the hell is it?'

Elise sighed inwardly.

At that time, a lady-in-waiting who was walking beside her saw Mikhail and muttered involuntarily.

"cool."

“… … ?”

When Elise saw herself, the lady-in-waiting turned red and panicked.

"iced coffee. I'm sorry, Mama. I don't know... … .”

Elise smiled lightly.

"it's okay. Your Highness Mikhail is wonderful, isn't it?"

"iced coffee… … Yes."

The maid nodded with an apple-like face. At first glance, she noticed that she was in love with Mikhail.

'Does anyone know what happened to Mill?'

Elise hesitated and asked.

"I."

“Yes, Mama.”

“Did anything bad happen to His Highness Mikhail recently?”

At that question, the lady-in-waiting put on a puzzled expression.

"If it's bad... … what are you talking about... … ?”

“No, nothing special. His Highness Mikhail's face seems to be in a bad mood lately.”

The maid tilted her head.

“I don’t know exactly, but I know that nothing special happened. Everything Your Highness is in charge of is going well... … .”

Then the maid said.

“Come to think of it, it seems that His Highness Mikhail's face hasn't been good lately. You didn't before... … .”

“You said you weren’t like that before?”

“Yes, it seems to have suddenly become a little darker lately.”

At those words, Elise put on an incomprehensible face.

It wasn't like that before, but recently it is?

What the hell is it?

Several days passed again.

After the surgery, the Grand Duke's condition gradually improved and he was able to perform simple movements.

"thank you. Thank you so much, Mama.”

The Grand Duke bowed down several times to thank her.

Although the underlying disease has not been cured, his life will be extended to some extent because he has passed the urgent hurdle.

'Now it's time to leave.'

Elise muttered to herself.

I spent more time in Saintebourg than I thought. Linden and Edward would be waiting, so I thought I should go back before it's too late.

'wheat. What the hell is going on?'

Elise's complexion darkened.

It took Mikhail to leave. I don't know what's going on, but I wanted to help if I could. Because he is your dear friend.

'I really need to talk properly today.'

I had to leave soon, so I didn't have much time. Seizing the opportunity at the banquet tonight, she decided to have a deep conversation with Mikhail.

The banquet that night was an event to see off Elise's return home. It was not a fancy banquet due to her dislike of fancy things, but most of the important figures of the Romanovs attended.

Mikhail, who is actually acting on behalf of the grand duke, also attended as an organizer.

"I'm so sorry you passed away like this, Mama."

“I ask that you and your Majesty visit us again next time.”

Aristocrats flocked to her to greet her.

Elise greeted each one with a gentle smile.

“Yes, I will visit you again with Your Majesty next time.”

Although she didn't dance in particular, Elise was busy just accepting greetings.

All the characters wanted to share even a word with her.

People who thank her for treating the Grand Duke, people who admire her for showing her noblesse oblige, people who pay tribute to the Romanov family, and even doctors who want to visit Britia Island and learn surgery from her in the future. Many people flocked to her.

While answering them one by one with a smile, Elise averted her gaze.

'Wheat?'

It was next to him at first, but now it is invisible.

Looking around the banquet hall, he was standing alone in the corner of the hall, looking out the window. The young ladies were spying on him with admiring glances, but he seemed to be deep in thought.

'What the hell am I thinking?'

Elise tilted her head.

It was then. Just as she turned her head, Mikhail's eyes met hers.

“… … !”

Elise's eyes wavered.

The moment he met her, his expression hardened.

It was a brief moment, but it was clear.

'Did I see it wrong?'

But I didn't see it wrong. It wasn't that far away, so she could see clearly. She clearly looked at herself and hardened her expression.

'Why?'

she was confused Mill said why did she look at herself and harden her face?

Mikhail, who turned his head to look out the window, quietly slipped out of the hall.

But there was another thing that was hard to understand. Before leaving the hall, he looked at himself once again.

'what?'

It wasn't just a peek. He looked at him until he felt awkward, then turned and disappeared out of the hall. With what expression he saw himself, he wasn't sure from the distance.

'I can't go on like this.'

Elise bit her lip.

In fact, this was the last night I could talk to him. He didn't know when he would be able to meet again if he broke up this time.

'I need to hear what the hell is going on.'

Having made that decision, she asked for understanding from the people around her and moved on.

towards Mikhail.

Mikhail was on the rampart near the banquet hall, overlooking the city of St. The walls surrounding the palace were not large, but the night view of the city was visible at a glance.

Elise, who followed him, hesitated for a moment. His eyes, staring into the void, were somehow agitated.

“… … wheat?"

“Oh, Mama.”

Michael looked surprised at Elise and bowed.

“How did you get here?”

“I followed the wheat. What are you doing?”

Mikhail lifted the wine bottle and shook it.

“I was trying to get a drink.”

“A drink? Alone here?”

“Yeah, just a sudden pull. Isn’t the night view wonderful?”

Elise turned her attention to his words. Indeed, even if it does not reach Rondo and Paris, it was a wonderful night view just like Saint-Bourg, which is one of the best cities in the western continent.

She let out a low sigh and walked over to his side.

“I’d like a drink too.”

"mama?"

“Seeing the wonderful night view, I want to have a drink too. please."

"But… … .”

Elise looked directly at the troubled Mikhail.

“You were supposed to have a drink earlier. Could it be that you forgot?”

“… … !”

Before, it means before he left Britia Island.

Mikhail's eyes grew dim for a moment, as if searching for memories.

"all right."

He got a glass and poured her some wine. The red wine swayed in the moonlight.

“Are you François?”

“Yes, because the wine from Britia doesn’t taste right.”

Elise muttered as she watched the wine slick in her glass.

“I remember before.”

“What are you talking about?”

“When we first met.”

"ah… … .”

Mikhail realized when Elise was talking about.

At that time, after saving the Duchess of Harbor through a tracheotomy, she met Mikhail by chance after being imprisoned under the false accusation of murdering the royal family.

“Even then, I drank wine from François.”

Remembering that she fell asleep after a few drinks, Mikhail smiled.

Elise nodded and drank the wine. After tasting a sip, I continued.

"mama?"

"wheat."

Is it because I drank alcohol at one time? Her white face blushed slightly.

“I’m sad.”

"Yes?"

“I’m sorry, me.”

"which… … ?”

Elise looked straight into his eyes.

“I think of wheat as a dear friend. Doesn't Mill think of me that way?”

The answer came a little late.

“… … I think so.”

“Then why are you so distant from me? Even though there are difficult things, they don’t even tell me.”

“There is nothing difficult.”

Mikhail hastily shook his head.

“Don't lie. Even though I was always wearing a dark expression! I keep worrying, but you won't tell me what's going on.”

She snatched the wine bottle from his hand and poured it into her own glass. And after she turned them on again she said.

“Mill is a very precious person to me.”

“… … !”

At those words, Mikhail's eyes shook.

Mikhail looked at Elise. She was looking at him, biting her lip.

'Ah, this ignorant woman.'

Mikhail lamented inwardly.

Why did your face look bad? Why did she deliberately keep her distance? It's all because of her.

'Sigh. After all, it can't be done.'

I missed her for the last 5 years.

Like a bird flying in the sky, her face was not erased from my mind even when I went on a long-wanted trip.

I tried to forget it because I knew it couldn't come true, but it didn't work out.

'Still, I thought I had a lot of heart. It's been five years.'

But no.

The moment he reunited with her after 5 years, his calm mind was shaken as if he had met a tsunami again.

Is it because of accumulated longing? Rather, it felt more shaky than before.

I couldn't treat her as friendly as before because I couldn't control my emotions.

So I had no choice but to distance myself from her. She thought it would be sad, but she couldn't help it.

"Doesn't wheat think I'm precious?"

At that question, Mikhail smiled.

No way.

"no. I also consider Mama to be her precious friend.”

she won't know

how he looked at her. what kind of mind does she have? And how precious do you think she is?

She wouldn't have guessed at all. at all.

“But why… … .”

“Actually, I was worried.”

Mikhail cut her off.

“Are you worried?”

"Yes."

Mikhail nodded.

“I had a lot of worries about my future life. how to live.”

It's a lie. I am not worrying about anything like that. It's the rest of my life, I'll make it somehow.

He averted his gaze to the city so as not to be caught lying.

“So it was complicated. I'm sorry if you were disappointed."

“… … is that so?"

Elise tilted her head as she felt something was unclear.

But Mikhail smiled as if he was right.

“Yes, but I feel much better thanks to Mama’s concern. She is also like a miracle worker, a woman with a lamp.”

Then he smiled exaggeratedly, as if to say not to worry.

“Is there really no other problem?”

“Yes, don't worry. Even after that, it's the sword system. He's a really cool guy, so don't worry."

Elise let out a sigh.

I think there's something more, but I don't know because I'm not talking about it.

'But still.'

His face was less dark than before. It was like wheat before.

“If anything happens, please tell me. We are friends.”

At that, Mill smiled softly.

"mama."

"Yes?"

“Are we friends?”

"Absolutely."

“Then may I ask you for one thing?”

“Yes, tell me. I'll listen to anything.”

However, his request was unexpected and unexpected.

“Would you like to dance with me?”

Elise's eyes widened. Why are you dancing all of a sudden?

“A dance?”

"Yes."

Mikhail shrugged.

“I thought that if I danced with a woman holding a lantern, I would receive that energy and everything would go well.”

“What is it?”

"Can't you anyway?"

Elise shook her head. It's a dance, it wasn't difficult.

“Then go back to the banquet hall.”

But Mikhail led her to the garden under the city wall.

“It’s busy inside, so let’s dance and go in.”

“Here?”

“Do you like it?”

"that's… … but not.”

“Actually, I wanted to dance under the moonlight at night.”

“That, what is that?”

“I am serious.”

After saying something like a joke, he reached out his hand to her.

“Will you grant me the honor of dancing with you, lady?”

Feeling embarrassed for some reason, Elise's face turned slightly red.

Just like that, the two danced in the garden. There was no special background music other than moonlight, but it was a beautiful dance.

Soon after the dance ended, Mikhail bowed his head and bowed.

“It was an honor, lady.”

Elise tilted her head at his face, which looked somewhat at ease despite the short dance.

I don't know what the heck. I'm glad you're feeling a little better though.

“Go in now, Mama.”

"Yes."

Mikhail escorted her to the banquet hall.

“Go in first.”

“Wheat?”

“The moonlight is clear, so I’ll go in a little more.”

Elise nodded and entered the hall.

When she completely disappeared, Mikhail laughed bitterly.

“As expected, love hurts.”

How long will it take for this pain to cool down?

1 year, 2 years, or 5 years? Or continue?

I couldn't tell.

“I envy you.”

he sighed.

The next day, Élysée boarded a ship leaving Sainte-Bourg.

“Be careful, Mama.”

Mikhail greeted her and greeted her.

“Yes, wheat. thanks."

Elise examined his complexion. Fortunately, his face was much better.

"wheat."

“Yes, Mama?”

“Are you really okay?”

Mikhail smiled.

“Yes, don't worry. Everything got better thanks to Mama’s concern.”

Elise let out a sigh.

“If anything bad happens, write me. Take care of yourself and stay healthy.”

Elise asked for it over and over again as if she were taking care of her own family.

“Don't worry too much, Mama. I think you should stop going in now.”

Elise nodded. Everyone on her ship was waiting for her.

“Yes, I will stop.”

And that was when she turned her back and went into the boat.

Looking at her back, Mikhail bit his lip and raised his voice.

"mama!"

"wheat?"

Elise's eyes widened.

"next time… … It's fine after a lot of time, so when would you like to visit the Romanov territory again? It would be nice if you could come with your brother.”

She nodded.

“Yes, I will definitely come back.”

In response, Mikhail smiled.

"thank you. I look forward to seeing you again.”

And the steamer carrying her began to leave the port of St.

Watching the ship gradually recede, Mikhail muttered quietly.

“May you be happy. my beloved.”

It's a love that can't come true.

Although it is a love that does not know how much more it will torment you.

Still, he prayed.

be happy forever No pain, only blessings and laughter.

Because she is the one he loves.

So he prayed.

<END SIDE STORY>

Michael loved her.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    notcatsmith, TiaUnniee and luliibunny like this.
  9. tifftiff2121

tifftiff2121 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to rant, this series is good but it brought up a pet peeve. I hate when the FL is a shitty person in their first life, then killed for being a terrorist, reincarnated and avoids the ML completely bc of what SHE did before in her previous life.

Did anyone else notice the coins stamp in the manhwa on chapter 42? I can't upload a photo

10. cutesherry

cutesherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://twitter.com/surgeon_elise/status/1630221227678916608

The anime adaptation was announced, but the key visual is...uurrhhh...? damn bad?
    Elise is SO PRETTY in the webtoon, but I have no idea who I am looking at here... it feels like a completely generic basic anime girl with blond hair and blue eyes that could come from just about any series.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    cjburaira and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  11. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I was also expecting a lot since The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion anime trailer seems really promising. We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out when it gets released.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  12. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody have the spoilers of the following side stories after the one where elise travels and meets Michael?I think there's another 31 side stories after this one.

13. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime premiered today,but that's not the biggest news.After seven years,we have side stories!!!They are being updated every thursday.
    The first one is from when Elise crushed her brother's date to Linden despair.
    Screenshot_20240110-120552_Instagram.jpg

14. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PRAISE BE, WE ARE GETTING SIDE STORIES!

rock.doll likes this.
  15. kookiekim

kookiekim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When side stories will upload? :<

16. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dr. Elise, ranslators, we need your help now. For anyone who is interested, please see the spoilers :)
    N E W T O K I has the raws on there but I could not post the website

17. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There empire was literally almost England yet they still had polygamy....

Guess Korean authors can't help themselves. Ill be honest. I was routing for not-france in the beggining

18. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Nazo400

Nazo400 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have much hope on eng sites like this sadly

By the way: someone said there was more Future next reincarnation stuff in the novel? Anyone spoil? I know someone said that the mansion scene got changed.

Watching the anime questions:
    Oh they also changed the king's celebration cause Elise was supposed to have a fever & just her be taken to the rest room. I don't know if the animu is closer to the novel but I'm comparing it w the webtoon. Re-reading it again. I forgot how much the king didn't care a wink about Elise wants and this bet was just on a wim (which is why I hate the king's retainer dude w those requests on making it harder for her)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    seekingsnow likes this.
  20. kstarorange

kstarorange Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone share what happened to Yulianne’s brother, Albert de Childe? It’s been so long since I’ve finished the manhwa. The Anime and manhwa sequel is bringing back a lot of nostalgia but, I cannot remember for the life me how Yulianne became heir to house Childe