Discussion Question about Qidian?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rusty32539, Feb 1, 2019.

1. rusty32539

rusty32539 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do people get scared off when Qidian threatens to sue? Of the stories I have read on webnovel about 65% break US copyright and that is just the Chinese stories. The "Original" stories are mostly badly written fanfiction with about 85%-95% breaking US copyright.

Isn't Qidian pretty much a fang-less dog? They would have to remove all those stories to even have a chance of a judge not throwing the case out. Just off the top of my head, MMORPG: Rebirth of the Legendary Guardian breaks copyright for Warcraft, Harry Potter, and Transformers. Their were more but I can't remember and that's just one story. They would just be opening themselves up to getting sued into oblivion.

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm was this a another drama thread? :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

3. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    qi is a bunch of lawless demons. Who knows how many people they have killed and then eaten?

4. BloodAdept

BloodAdept Blood Sacrifice Practitioner

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Chinese don't really care about the copyright of the rest of the world
    2. Chinese will zealously protect their own copyrights / intellectual properties
    3. They will use chinese courts, not other courts

5. Ruki

Ruki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point most of us here treat post with qidian as a drama thread. Too tired of issues about them, and nothing gets resolved anyway. They will always do what they want.

6. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Because this is better has not any copyright thing.

7. rusty32539

rusty32539 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is that, but just like the Chinese don't care and use their courts, unless you plan to travel there most of the world ignores their courts also.

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suing who? The website or authors? Please specify who exactly is suing and who are they suing on what grounds? The whole website is hotpot of disaster. To those original web novel authors who signed a contract with that demonic tree, it is simply karma being sown and severed. Why fear a corrupt system if the system has no means of threatening you, unless you allowed them to. Signing a contract with them is equivalent to them having leverage on you. For those who create accounts and use their money on such a website, it's their own karma to be enjoy or suffer from the regulations imposed over everyone. Everything has a price, no matter how evil or righteous that debt is. :blobwhistle:

9. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm rather ignorant about all the technicalities, but somehow I doubt they fear a third party suing them over copyright laws. QI will DMCA any that translates their cashcows, full stop, end of story. They will not give two shits if you throw out the "infringement of copyright laws" card to stop them. Namely because they likely feel they can tie down any litigation for years, as they profit off the novel, then just throw it away when it becomes a liability. If they can't, they would Shitcan the whole thing and make it disappear, permanently.

tl:dr from Qi's perspective they dont fear copyright laws because they can either tie down the litigation indefinitely, profit from the materials before making them disappear, or make just it disappear and make it so you can have it either.

nonononononono likes this.
  10. Turapter

Turapter New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    It's a cool test! ​

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Cease and Desist works all over the world. DMCA works for USA and any country that accepts the legitimacy of DMCA. Therefore, if a China court specify that you break their copyright, as long as you live in a country that respects law, Cease & Desist works on you, even if you don't ever plan on setting foot into China, Hong Kong, and Thailand (Thailand is China's shill nowadays). As for DMCA, as long as you live in a country that respects DMCA, it doesn't matter if the country that reports it don't respect DMCA, because your country respects DMCA and that's all that matters.

Unfair? Sure it's unfair. Your copyright isn't respected in China, but China's copyrights are respected everywhere else. You have a problem with it? Go carpet bomb the National People's Congress. That's the only way you'd get them to listen because it's much too profitable to steal your IP than to recognize your IP.

Daisydacrazy and userunfriendly like this.