Question for Google Chrome users

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Eishun, May 27, 2021.

1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you noticed the triangle-within-a-circle thingy on the top right corner of your Chrome browser?

It's called an search tab or whatever. And I used to be able to disable it by going to Google Flags and disabling "Enable Search Tab" or something. But now I can't.

Is there any other way to disable it or make it disappear?

2. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, version 91 of Chrome has officially incorporated tab search into its user interface. chrome://flags is only for experimental features that are still under testing. Tab search is no longer being tested, therefore, you can't disable it anymore. Chrome doesn't let you mess around too much with what it considers official parts of its interface, and tab search is now considered part of its official interface and is now locked in place where it is.

If you want more control over the interface for your browser, you can try any number of Chromium-based browsers like Vivaldi (my personal favorite) or Brave. The added benefit to many of the Chromium-based browsers is that they don't track everything you do online like Chrome does. You can also try Firefox, which isn't as customizable as Vivaldi, but I still prefer it to the privacy nightmare that is Chrome.

Eishun likes this.
  3. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am going to give Microsoft Edge (the son of Internet Explorer) a shot.

As soon as I figure out how to make the useless Bing disappear for good.