Discussion Questions regarding struggles of an overweight person

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ignite, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Ignite

Ignite Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question regarding life experience of overweight citizens, since I'm using it for the bestfriend of the protagonist

1. Does emotions affects your eating habit? Then to what extent?\

2. Do you engage in a dietary habit planner? What are the details and please elaborate what action will you take for this to hppen?

What kinds of food do you ussualy eat?Do you think they can sustain yoiur nourishment needs?

Taste or Nutients? Why?
    Idea about fasting?

What environmental and genetic factors do you think affects your life?

Do you think humans was programmed to accumulate weight?

Can you give us the everyday struggles in your life? Why does this happened?

What about social struggles? Do you experience constant bullying or discrimination?

General idea about being overweight?

Bot progress -> 35%

2. Ignite

Ignite Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Progress for story 50%

3. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Hikicarl

Hikicarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing.. except teasing but that's it. Stress and laziness are my reason for overweight... but I have large bone structure.. my chest is bigger than my waist and easy to grow muscles too.. so besides looking from the sides.. I look bulky but not overweight.

5. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I can be called overweight but not obese. I can always go for my technique 'The water plan' where my weight can be drastically reduced at a cost for my health. But i'm not worried for my weight since there are advantages and disadvantages for being overweight. Though it doesn't hinder me while also giving me more density to witstand falling and collision. But it also has a downsides as being more unlikely hateful to heat and less likely to go out in a sunny day.

Overall...

Why the fck am i so into writing such detail words when my english skills suck?!

LordOfPears12 likes this.
  6. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot about gene. Its one of the overweight factor.

8. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he didn't

9. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah you are right

10. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say the hardest thing about being over weight is the rampant discrimination. It is the one major handicap in life where complete strangers feel totally justified incoming up and lecturing you about your “health choices” when they have a donut in their hand and you have a green salad, no dressing. I have spent my whole life 30 to 50lb heavier than all my friends while eating half as much and exercise twice as much. I have always made healthy food choices, looked for better ways to take care of my self. I would say I expend much more effort and work much harder on keeping healthy than almost anyone I know, Yet, even people that know me will single me out to give additional advice or tough love. I’ve had people that claimed to be my friends come up and take food off my plate or worse things Because I obviously had enough on Me to keep going.

It’s almost impossible to go to the doctor. It doesn’t matter what problem I go in with. The first two minutes are listening to me about my flu like symptoms or what ever and then the next twelve about my new diet health plan they want me to go on. I’ve had visits where they never addressed the problem I came in for at all and yet I was expected to pay for that!

It’s heart breaking to see my heavier friends tell people that they are comfortable in their own skin. Or I’ve chosen to be happy. Mostly they are just putting on a happy face while crying alone, because no matter what most truly heavy people try, Nothing changes. And then here they are putting on a strong face and trying to move forward and some jack ass comes and tells them they are just making excuses and if they just get off their lazy asses everything would suddenly be perfect and they’d look like Angelina Jolie. I want to punch those people in the face.

I don’t know why some people accumulate weight. And from what I’ve researched. No one does. All my extended family are heavy. When I was a teen I asked my 90 year old greatgrandmother about her weight. At the time she was quite slender. She told me that she had always been a “big girl” that it wasn’t until she got pneumonia in her 80’s and almost died that the weight finally came off. But she also said that though she was thin, she never felt healthy or strong again. I worked in medicine for a while and also found a strong trend with many having surgery. many just never felt right again. I have one slender aunt. I asked her once why she was thinner. So told me it was because she wasn’t as healthy as her brothers and sisters. She was thin because she was sick so much more than them. This changed my outlook on things. Sure. Some thin people are healthy, but not all. It’s just if your fat, that’s the reason everyone blames for everything bad in your life. Not enough money in the back, oh, it’s cause your fat. Depressed, fat. Low grades, fat. Unhappy at work, fat. Divorced, Fat. All this stuff happens to thin people too.

So I have tried fasting, Atkins, ketogenic, and so many more. But I was strongly effected by those who lost their health in pursuit of a ‘health weight’. I have always been careful. Because first and foremost is my own well being. I choose me. Regardless of what others think or say. This is the place I live. This is the mind and body I have and will have. I want that to be a place where I have peace and happiness. There will always be some one outside of me who will second guess my choices but they are not me. They do not have to live with those choices. I do. So I choose to think well of me no matter what.

I know this was long. But if you want really info about what it’s really like. You won’t get anything more real than this

11. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    i read somewhere that it's harder to buy clothes and underwear

12. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    *Pats*
    I, too, have friends who eat twice the amount than me but they don't gain weight that much. I gain weight easier compared to them if I eat the same amount of food consumed by them :blobneutral:

13. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clothes shopping isn’t a problem. I do almost all of my shopping online. There are more plus size retailers than you could imagine! Even most regular brands go to a size 22/24 which is big enough for me at least. Lots of nice looking clothes too. In the 90’s it was hard to find anything that wasn’t black and fit like a paper bag. But now I would say I look good.

kenar likes this.
  14. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

One of my closest friends is a size 2. We went everywhere together for a while. She eats 3 times what I do. There is almost never a moment she doesn’t have food in her hand. It’s crazy. I love her though.

kenar likes this.
  15. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes they do. Imagine being healthy and perfectly fine. You have a good job, or good grades at school, a nice boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, etc.

But suddenly someone close to you died. Then, you bf/gf, hubby/wifey breaks up with you. Then your life starts spiraling down.

You're more stressed, an crying all the time and it starts to feel numb. Then you lose control over everything and you're not sleeping enough. An you end up losing 50 ponds by the time you move past.

Or you were just dumped and you tart eating I fill you're grief. Like start splurging on ice cream and chocolates and not move, you know etc.

Overall, emotions do effect your life so try to stay positive in life.
    Diet, yes.

However, it's mainly to help my body stay healthy as I'm pretty insecure about my boy at times. I'm in perfect shape yet I still think about how I could be skinnier and how my thighs and calfs are too fat. And the slightly excess fat around my waist and arm. And how if I didn't do this or do that and how I should've done this instead I would have been skinnier or u wouldn't have that extra fat.

Anyway, I don't go majorly into dieting. I usually eat all the stuff I need. Like enough water (though I should drink more, I try) or have enough vitamins and am eating a proper balance of foods

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  16. Littleton94

Littleton94 Lord of the Shadow trolls*shadow stalker*F5 sect

Reading List:
    Link
    In highschool most of my friends were skinny and muscular now me I'm a big guy at my biggest almost 400 pounds (180kg) at the time I was about 280 to 300 pounds that didn't stop us hanging out or being friends hell it took 2 of them to take me down in a wrestling match even then I still gave them hell the way they make the cookie cutter fat friends im novels mostly piss me off tbh does being fat affect our lifes? Yes yes it does but no more then other then skinny people problems affect them you want to make a accurate fat best friend? Write him how like he's your best friend dont focus so much on the weight

17. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Justifying emotions is the trends nowadays. Don't get caught in it. Use logic.

18. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Thicker, sturdier and bigger chairs are often needed for the overweight guys.

19. LordOfPears12

LordOfPears12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm asian i can't get fat SUCKA!!!!!!