LCD Quickly Wear The Face of The Devil

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LaDyViL, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Astrid.yarmas

Astrid.yarmas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone read the parallel history of chapter 14 or is the extra (・へ・)

2. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea the extra really touching, and the author even wrote an AU where Xue Zaihuan end up w/ Yunsheng. He got the memory of arc 14, and back to arc 14 but at that time Yunsheng still under lord god, where Yunsheng still trying to break the lord god shackle (not the current arc 14)

3. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML does seem to be a little shallow in Ch. 14. I like Ch. 15 the best since IIRC that's the only one where the MC has a higher status than ML and the power dynamics are much more interesting that way. Can't wait to see it when it gets translated.

NA2Z and Ars like this.
  4. JohanneBrandt

JohanneBrandt Friendly Neighborhood Treehugger

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wondering, what's everyone's favourite Arc so far? Mine is the supermodel Arc. It was so sweet and Ivanka's character and friendship with ZYS was the cherry on top.

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also that one in the Ger world where MC raised ML as his adopted son.
    Mine too lmao Ivanka is a great girl, too bad there's no more about her beyond the arc.

Hyperkaoru and SeiraJLoyard like this.
  6. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why I sometimes feel that it's kinda sad that the story is episodic. Some of the side characters that I really want to read about don't get much of the limelight. Also why I liked the model arc so much is because I felt that it was a little more well thought out in regards to the side character i.e. Ivanka

7. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm!!! Super model Arc was definitely fun. Well, I actually have a big weakness for reality TV shows like Project Runway and Rupaul so I mainly loved it for the content haha. Ivanka was baller. I was actually really sad that she never won anything and was just there to prop up ZYS. (At least she seems to be hinted to have a fulfilled love life after some flirtatious remarks with that judge...)

The Western Fantasy Arc is one of my favorites because of how much Stupid Sheng made ZYS suffer lolol. The ending of the arc itself left a somewhat sour taste, but I really enjoyed how gradually ZYS had to gain his powers and eventually rise to join godhood.

Hmm, the Painter arc is also one of my favs that I like to reread. The little bun is sooooo cute! Also, it's the first time that we see the ML's stalker tendencies really explode. There was a good balance between the screentime for the villains and the screentime for the fluff. I also really enjoyed how ZYS sunk into the meek character of the original body; he was very different, much more delicate than the other incarnations. It was interesting.

I really liked how cute the ML was in that one Ger arc where ZYS raised him. Guilty pleasure. All of the side characters in Ger arcs are so annoying though, lol...

As for my favorite version of the ML, I think it's the Singer Arc when he was so pure, so naive. The way he started panicking after kissing ZYS for the first time and wondering if he'd done it badly, waaa~ my heart.

My favorite romantic ZYS was when he immediately pursued the amnesiac ML, seducing him and taking him on dates. I seriously cried when they were on that date and ML said that he would rather save his lover and die himself rather than let the both of them die together... after he'd already done just that... don't play with a person's feelings like that, seriously...!

But one question I have is in the Scientist Zombie Apocalypse Arc. One of the things that makes the ML fall in love with ZYS there is that ZYS was staring at a photo of a young child in a field while smiling. Obviously, that's a humanizing moment where the ML realizes "Oh, so this is the reason why this man works so hard--for the sake of the happiness of those days, back when this girl and those fields were alive."

BUT. BUT. WHY IS ZYS LOOKING AT THAT PHOTO. He completely doesn't know that he's being watched. So why would he just go staring at a photo of some person's kid/sister before bed? Is it, like, the original body requires him to view it every now and then, like a good luck charm? Because he otherwise really doesn't give a crap about anything in these worlds.

I know that the reason isn't mentioned anywhere or anything, but it seriously bugs me. ZYS smiling at that photo... he was probably not even looking at it, just spacing out and thinking about what he needs to do to hurry up and get out of that world.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Ease, Chiiiiiiiii, nadelle and 2 others like this.
  8. Nolkeg

Nolkeg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine was Apo arc. It's the most emotional for me so far. It's the arc that ZYS have to really struggle.
    Though, Arc 14 is currently sitting on top with the Apo arc. I have to give extra credit for the extra XZS pov.
    I think I must have a kink for bitter-sweet end.

Chiiiiiiiii, JohanneBrandt and NA2Z like this.
  9. JohanneBrandt

JohanneBrandt Friendly Neighborhood Treehugger

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the Painter arc too, the little guy reminds me of my half-brother when he was younger... always following me around trying to copy me, haha.

On the topic of why he looked at the photo, I have a few thoughts on it... it could be that it's part of him inheriting the personality of the character. Either that, or it could be the author trying to develop the character of ZYS...? The latter idea is really far out, but it could be that the author is showing that deep inside all ZYS wants is to live a carefree life with his family, and he's mirroring the picture of the Doctor with his daughter to what his hopes and dreams are.

Ars likes this.
  10. Fulmine Chrys

Fulmine Chrys Baby Rainbow Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have the link where the chapter 14 au is? I want to read it.

11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fulmine Chrys and FFAx27 like this.
  12. NA2Z

NA2Z Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Favorite arcs:blob_pompom:
    1st arc :
    • ZYS met ML for the 1st time.:blobmelt:
    2nd arc: Black hearted Lotus
    • ML shows that he still vaguely remembers ZYS and the stalking.:blobpopcorn::blobjoy:
    5th arc :Fighting over Cross-over wife
    • ZYS already knows ML is following him.
    • ZYS quote "his lover's basic information didnt deviate too much. As long as his height was 190 cm and up;big build;looks masculine and handsome;bad habits such as smoking,drugs,possessiveness,addiction to stalking and peeping etc.":blobspy::blobjoy:
    6th arc : Wearing the face of music king
    • ML sounds so innocent,shy, naive towards love but still possessive all the same.:blobReach::blob_grin:
    8th arc : The next supermodel
    • ML is a sooo cute fan boy and ZYS as a model quirk,so cute!:aww::blobjoy:
    9th arc : End of world duplication
    • ZYS didnt have the leisure to search for ML and unaware that he was literally stuck with him the whole time in the 1st and 2nd world. This world didnt have too many romantic time between the two but was the most emotional arc. I tear so much when reading it.:notlikeblob::blobsob::blobsob:
    11th arc : Copying an ABO
    • ZYS and ML can both fight. located in space. ML was dumb-stricken when he realize that he love ZYS after rejected him(its not his fault tho) and panic when ZYS pursue the shadow of ML(someone with ML face in the previous world). They were so lovey-dovey in this arc.:blobhero::blobjoy::facepalm::blobnosebleed:
    13th arc : Back to the Beginning
    • ZYS was thrown back to the first world whe he was in lord god's control. He proactively pursue ML while acting for his revenge for the worlds protagonist. Its was refreshing, I love how they flirt with each other.:blobthinkingsmirk::blobnosebleed::blobmelt::blobok:

nadelle and JohanneBrandt like this.
  13. kumquatsjingleheimer

kumquatsjingleheimer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's the former. In Arc 2 ZYS is affected with the original's crazy obsession with painting or else after completing his objective he would have dropped it. Same in arc 6 and his obsession with music Although he was plagiarising Kelly Clarkson and Adele. Then again, technically, in-story, the original did wrote Because of You.

Ars, Chiiiiiiiii and JohanneBrandt like this.
  14. Hyperkaoru

Hyperkaoru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My fav arches are Model (All the tests and kickass Ivanka), Music king (Because MC bitch slap half of the country who look down on him, God&faithful child (Bipolar ZYS made me lol so hard) and I really fond of Zombie Apocalypse arch for the plot.

The ABO spaceship one is also interesting. I mean, I had read a ton of ABO fic on ao3 and this is the first one I come across which has MC left his omefa status.

NA2Z and JohanneBrandt like this.
  15. Weiyuexuan

Weiyuexuan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why I got this notice when I try to read
    "Account suspended"

YoongHye likes this.
  16. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh why i cant read chapter from 7.2 - newest?
    What ever browser i use. It say:

Account Suspended
    This Account has been suspended.
    Contact your hosting provider for more information.

YoongHye likes this.
  17. NA2Z

NA2Z Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah me too. =_=. Why? Anyone?

YoongHye likes this.
  18. YoongHye

YoongHye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too... Why????? T-T

19. YoongHye

YoongHye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its back!!! *---*

20. kumquatsjingleheimer

kumquatsjingleheimer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The website has more traffic than expected, small server, they put keztranslations on temporary suspension.