Discussion Racist Chinese novels

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by rakyu2911, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rakyu2911

rakyu2911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after reading the few latest chapter of Shura's Wrath, and listen to my sister talk about Chinese Futeristic genre novels(she read it in other language). doesn't all of them, if not most of futuristic Chinese novels have events where Chinese trample on the Japanese in them. It's getting to the point where I am tired of hearing them. Do Chinese readers really get delight reading those kind of things? Trample on the japanese's pride.

Kaminomi likes this.
  2. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess? Nationalistic people??

3. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why pride? And I would imagine that most chinese feel indiferent towards a different country.

But I dunno, reading about stepping on people in general in a racist manner never makes me feel good.

Of course if the other guy is despicted as an afront to nature the he could be my neighbor, I'd still want to stepp on him.

4. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough cough*
    World War 2
    *cough cough*

It's more of a deeply rooted hatred from the past.
    Just like how America makes out the stereotypical Russian with that accent and a cat in his lap with an eyepatch as the Villain in those old spy movies or the like.

w7sh, Abox, matt_esa and 11 others like this.
  5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Unit_731. Yes. The world will be a better place without them.

matt_esa and WeiFish like this.
  6. Zeckzen

Zeckzen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Few years back japannese anime&manga was all rage in the international society, maybe this is their revenge?

7. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ingrained into the culture. It's like when anyone says anything remotely against Jews all of a sudden you have hundreds of people screaming "NAZI" and "Anti-semite" in your face. Same principle, these things are just ingrained into people through the years. How many Jews died under Hitler during WW2? The layman will say 6 million. Why? Because everyone keeps perpetuating this number instead of reading reports and looking at facts.

The Chinese have it in for the Japanese mainly due to being enemies in war. It's easy to unite a large population if you have a common enemy, and that's just what it is. It's a common theme in many chinese films, novels because it works to give the Chinese consumer a sense of patriotism and unity.

matt_esa likes this.
  8. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest their hatred towards the Japanese is pretty justified

w7sh, craBebe and matt_esa like this.
  9. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Villian with a cat in his lap was started by the godfather.... >.> I think

10. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    what if the novel.. doesn't have any japanese at all?

11. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asian countries tend to not like each other very well, there is always a subtle pride and patriotism in one's culture being superior to the others. This can also be linked to heated conflicts in the past between China and Japan, but it's not like that's all. You'll also read CN that show patriotism over south Korea, Vietnam, and other Asian countries as well, and even South Korean novels will show it (to a lesser degree) to other countries as well. So the conflict between China and Japan is most obvious because it is current and historical, but you'll find a certain level of pride and patriotism in a variety of novels.

w7sh likes this.
  12. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    China pretty much trample every nation its just japan was on top of their list

Monster factory likes to trample america while in im really a super star its korea and other nation

13. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignorance is the great mindkiller of humanity (and to be totally honest it is my belief that China's citizenry is far more ignorant that other places due to their government's structure) . Unfortunately our species social aspects makes it ripe for thoughts of patriotism and nationalistic pride, neither a good thing most of the time in my opinion (I honestly have nightmares of dystonian futures with similar settings to the 40k franchise's bar the aliens and space travel). Regardless we should all strive to be above such thoughts that take away our individuality and ability to reason things for ourselves and reach our own conclusions.

Black Frost and doomeye1337 like this.
  14. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Then either america , korea and other nation get trampled as long that its a foreigner

15. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hell yeah we do
    we get off it even more if we have korean friends around us

16. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Rape of Nanking. Most of Asia hates Japan for what they did during WW2. But China has had a history but being fucked over by Barbarians numerous times. just the latest country for their grudge. They will get over it in time. Had America not cut off Japan's oil shipments, Japan would have never bombed Pearl Harbor and give America the excuse to go to war against the Axis powers. China would not be communist and would likely be speaking Japanese. Even though China spends a lot on their military, they may not really have that strong of a force.

17. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    basically any novel set in "real" world, regardless of the point in a timeline, is pretty much gonna end up devolving to it once they start talking about other countries. some manage to do a better job of keeping it strictly limited to the ways in which a character speaks/act, rather than spending a massively unnecessary amount of words on exposition about how horrible the rest of the world is. most can't pull it off, but i'm confident there's gotta be some novel out there somewhere that can do it. i'm not crazy. truly, i'm not.

18. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not really, its history, and throughout history, they have done worse to their own people

Rickymex and Inke like this.
  19. H0RR1BL3CPU

H0RR1BL3CPU [Hotline to Shiroyukineko] [白酒鬼]

Reading List:
    Link
    It goes further back than world war 2. A lot further back. Oh and Korea is included in the bunch.

20. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Juvenile mentality