Discussion Rain ratings

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, May 15, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of people whine about rain but how bad is it actually? Especially people in Ireland, yeah it's "raining" every 2 or 3 days but it's like 1/10 or at the worst 4/10 maybe once a year. I believe Montenegro is the rainiest European region, but my region of Croatia comes close where summers are hot but it regularly rains 5-9/10 the rest of the year.
    How about people in Taiwan, must be bad there from what I've seen(in the movies lol), you get 10/10?

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I love rain, specifically when its been sunny for days

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out here in the boonies where I currently reside, rain is sporadic (except in the monsoons when it rains almost everyday). In the summer, it temporarily brings down the high temperature, but the downside is the increase in humidity that often follows. But what is even worse is the wind and lightning that accompany it; in here, if there's the slightest hint of strong wind, the power goes out and is not restored until much, much later. The lightning seems to practically rent the sky and smite the earth, making it highly unsafe to venture out. And then, there are the mosquitoes, millipedes, and bugs that seem to get a second life after the rains...

Just as recently as two weeks ago, I had to leave for work in the heavy rains, all the while risking the heavy lightning (no shelter on my road and I sure as hell wasn't gonna take shelter under a tree) and despite wearing a raincoat, got soaked through and hit by hailstones, arriving looking like something the cat dragged in.

4. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, it's not raining enough. Living in north GER.

5. Fp401

Fp401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It highly depends on the time of year and your location. If its typhoon season you would want the rain to stop. If its not you would want it to rain to lower the overall temperature when its summer.

6. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    There is injustice about rain
    For a full day or 24 hours, people will not complain if there is no rain. However if raining for even 12 hours or just a bit less it will make people frowning while singing rain rain go away

There should justice in this world where the ratio of rain : not rain is 1 : 1
    Imagine for 24 hours we got heavy rain and next day will be a bright sunny day and at night so clear we can see the star and the moon, and for the next day would be 24h rain again and the cycle continues :blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

Edit : forget to add quote

Eric Draven from The Crow : Cant rain all the time

7. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the tropics and it's been about.. A week? since it last rained. I usually have thunderstorms in here, with the thunder so loud, someone might actually died from hearing the sound alone... It's kinda scary :blob_teary:

otaku31 and Bad Storm like this.
  8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Rain, thunderstorms... all that is okay for me, I am used to it. blobmelt_thumbs

No much complaining here unless I need to go out to the golf course and my shoes get soaked because of the wet grass :blobcheeky:

9. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I like rain but I hate wet roads. I'll still rate it 10/10 tho. It quite a good source of inspiration and mood. Hot drink or soup in such a cool weather feels a total relaxing ambiance.

10. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t mind rain but sometimes it’s a bother . I don’t like getting wet most of the times . But I do love cuddling up with a blanket while reading during the rain .

11. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love raining when the weather is so hot...:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    But's I dislike the fact that my place sometimes gets short-circuit suddenly in the middle of the heavy rain.