LCD Rakuin no Monshou

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by sithkazar, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Prominis

Prominis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been using Google Chrome on Windows 10, so this is quite bizarre. That link is the one I was originally using and which was pictured in the imgur album. After the header, the only content I had was "There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page." The only thing I can think of is that perhaps I needed to have an account on Baka Tsuki? (Edit: Although that possibility runs afoul when considering every other chapter was visible for me without one.)

When I looked it up on Google, I found a website called toplightnovels (dotcom) which appeared to have ripped the translations within the past few hours, but it too lacked that same chapter. It had the final chapter as well, but not the fifth chapter (in my case, I could access every chapter but the fifth chapter). Unless whoever put that up was simply sloppy (possible), it seems to indicate that my problem may not have been isolated.

I just tried it on Mobile actually, similarly utilizing Chrome on that device, and it failed it show anything more than what I got on PC. I had the same result from the default internet app, although I'm not quite sure what that browser is (got my phone fairly recently).

2. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can not see chapter 5 too. it say:

Rakuin no Monshou:Volume8 Chapter5
    There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page.

3. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I am having the same issue on my home computer that you guys are, but it worked perfect on my work computer. I don't know why its doing this. All I can hope is that there is a delay for some reason that will fix itself over time. I am sorry that you are experiencing that problem. @renuac is in Europe, and normally gets on in 4 - 5 more hours, maybe if they reupload it again it will fix the issue.

4. Prominis

Prominis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were you able to get in through the alternative link I had in my other comment a little ways back (last page)? That should work despite the current issue, or at least, it did for me. You get there from clicking the 'search the related logs' link and clicking the number 526260 (it's a link as well) to access the revision, which contains the chapter as per the norm.

The volume is great, although it's aggravating in a good way; it opens just as many questions as it closes. After volume seven, it wasn't what I was expecting to come, that's for sure. Thanks for all the hard work!

renuac likes this.
  5. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. DiPz

DiPz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyahahahahahahah!!!!!

Waahhhhhh..

When will be the next volume comes out!!!!!!

Cant wait!!!!
    Cant wait anymore!!!! Ohhh gil mephius!!!! Kyahhhh kyahhh!!!

Time to fan girling!!! Nyahahahaha

Thanks for all the people who give usa chance to be able to read this wonderful story!!! Keep up the good work!! Hiihihihi

And thanks for the meal!!!

Kiari, renuac and sithkazar like this.
  7. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird, this issue came up for a few people last time too. I've asked on BT to see if anyone knows what's going on, but in the meantime, the link that @Prominis and @Lestari gave leads to the correct (and only) version of chapter 5. If anyone finds that it still doesn't work for them, pm me and I'll send you a Google docs link to the chapter.

On the plus side, it looks like we've somehow accidentally beaten the aggregator sites. Yay?

Edit: The full text version is also up, so maybe that might work better?

Tune in this time next month!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    That f-ing cliff at the ending!! Withdrawal already!!

Kiari and renuac like this.
  9. DiPz

DiPz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wohohohoh

next month!!! HUPPPPAAAAA!!

HUPPAA!!

ReNUAC-SAMA!!!

ill be waitng WAITING!!!
    behind you........ nyihihihihhiih

#iwannaseeorba'snakedbacktooo :D

10. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the general consensus seems to be that it is, in fact, a cache problem, and that the best way to avoid it is to be logged in to BT. No, this is not a cunning scheme to encourage more people to register as translators or editors. ...Probably.

I'm curious, how were you expecting it to go?

:eek:

sithkazar likes this.
  11. Eternity Warrior

Eternity Warrior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the raws for the volume 9, and even though my japanese is good, this is one hard novel to read especially with all the flowery descriptions and use ofuncommon vocab. Lot of effort must've went in to translating this properly, thanks translation team!

renuac and sithkazar like this.
  12. Prominis

Prominis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This took me a while, because I didn't know how to put spoilers into comments (also why my other comment was rather vague on that note).

After I finished Volume 7, I felt rather convinced that Orba's identity would be revealed due to the mask being shot. From the battlefield, it would spread out almost uncontrollably due to the unregulated area of the battlefield and (what I imagined to be) the open plains of Taulia by the river Yunos providing high visibility from all angles. As a rather eye-catching person to begin with, coupled with his role as both the West's hero and in foiling the Mephian sneak attack, many eyes would be trained on him, especially given how he had just thwarted his own country's soldiers (they'd want to see his reaction to it, to erase their own doubts in his present loyalty).

Thus, my mind began to map out the possibilities from that specific point—I didn't think that he would be able to hide it, as he did with Shique & Esmena's aid. From there, I figured the big issue of the volume would be either the slave brand (that others in the mercenary band/swordslaves would know of) and the revelation that Orba = Gil. While the latter was technically correct, I thought it'd have reached Guhl through spies in Taulia rather than Apta's own messengers (which I will presumptuously believe to be the ones to carry that message for now, in lieu of the next volume). From there, I thought Orba's excuse would be that Orba died and Gil masqueraded as him learning from Shique in order to keep himself safe from other murder attempts until he could safely return.

That would be too predictable though, I suppose. Although in a way, what we got wasn't the most unique solution as there were really only three options: Orba is exposed, he isn't exposed, or he dies. The last one would be a shame though, given how there were four more volumes after.

... This was longer than I thought it'd be, and certainly not very intelligible or intelligent. Ah well.

As a side note, I'm curious as to how the elders are going to write this issue off. They promised Guhl an easy victory over Taulia, and Orba prevented that. They restated that again after the fact, and insisted that their 'divination' would come true. This would likely shake Guhl's faith in them. I feel like they're being set up for a downward spiral culminating around the baby that his first concubine carries (with the crux of their plan utilizing the newborn or coming to fruition around then). Or maybe that's just the snarky voice in my head saying "what if the baby is actually female".

Sorry about the dump of comments earlier about the issue involving the chapter's visibility; hopefully that doesn't come off as spam. Maybe I should register on Baka Tsuki one day... a cunning trap.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    renuac likes this.
  13. korix

korix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now more cliff hanger and 1 more months to go.

I love so much the final conversation between Rogue, Odyne and Gil. It reflects their struggle to his conviction very real, how things should have worked, why such order is needed in a country and so on. Not so often that a story touch upon the difficulties of raising a revolution, and more so where they tell about the tendency of people attitude of just "wait and hope the storm pass" as well as reasons to do so.

And Shique continues to be best mistress, and Vileena best waifu :). If only Shique is a girl...

renuac likes this.
  14. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Does it need to be put in spoilers?

Yeah, at that point I honestly also expected Orba's identity to be revealed to more people, although bearing in mind that we know from vol.4 that 'Gil Mephius' will become emperor one day, it makes sense for his real identity not to become too widely known. Even setting aside the fact that, as you said, some people must have seen his brand in Tauran, there's also the fact that it might not have been well-regarded in Mephius if it came out that the prince had actually been serving Ax Bazgan. I would certainly expect some people to find out at some point though, and obviously to try and use it against him.

Does Guhl have that much faith in them though? Melissa certainly seems to, but Guhl seems to be playing his own game, using them just as they're using him (although from this volume, the elders seem to be better at playing that game than Guhl is). Having 'Gil' suddenly reappear might buy the elders some time but even then, from the various hints and conversations in this volume, it's pretty clear that head of the elders at least isn't just any old priest/sorcerer. I agree with you that it's probably not going to end well for them, but I don't think that they're down for the count yet.

It would be really amusing if the baby was a girl. Not sure that would stop the elders from using her though.

And on the topic of sorcerers, I did not see that twist with Hezel coming.

Excellent, it's working already...

15. korix

korix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's the opposite though, keep in mind that Guhl is the one reached out to them first. In all likelihood, may be all this is within his expectations and he is actually waiting for the time when their prediction fails. If he is as fanatics as many people rumor, he would have asked the elders for the next direction rather than questioning why their fortune have gone wrong. There other things stands out for me are his conversations with Melissa and with Gil. It shows a glimpse that he is not that devout as his action in the public shows. May be I reading too much from this. But what if, he is actually doing all this to root out the one who is behind his first wife dead? :rolleyes:

p/s: Would you also translate Rakuin no Monshou sequel series?

16. Dragon God Orstellen

Dragon God Orstellen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find Guhl's actions towards them to be very strange. At one point I dreamed up some scheme that someone was manipulating him via magic. This would explain the contradiction of appearing pious (building temple and what not) yet also blasphemous (holding blood sports in the temple)

I also noticed some strange aspects of his mood when certain unexpected events took place. Unfortunately it has been several months since I've read the previous volumes, so I've largely forgotten what made me dream up this theory.

I believe the blasphemous aspects were him tugging at the "magical leash" on him. I vaguely remember him taking a surprising course of action towards a request made of him either by Vileena or Gil. I forget which one it is though.

It would also explain why he put Simon under house arrest. He is trying to keep him from being an obstacle to the one controlling him by keeping him out of the way.

Well, that is my crackpot theory anyways. It was still an interesting one though. :eek:

Anyone wanna jump on the conspiracy wagon and think up who might be the one holding his leash?

At first I thought it might be Melissa. I'm still not convinced that it isn't.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    sithkazar likes this.
  17. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I probably wasn't clear: like you, I don't think that Guhl's newfound piety is real, and it also seems to me that he is using (or trying to use) the elders for his own ends. Investigating his first wife's death is an interesting theory!

As for translating Leo Attiel, I'm honestly not sure yet. It depends on whether I'll have time, really. If I remember right, it's mostly set about fifteen years before Rakuin, so it's not really a sequel, but I remember liking what I've read of it so far.

And I'm still convinced that no one is more suspicious than that elder... :cautious:

korix and sithkazar like this.
  18. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 9.. *scream*

19. DiPz

DiPz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 9!!!!!! Kyaaaaahhhhh kyahhhhh!!!! Kyahhhh!!!!

Smash my lapton to my older brother and start screaming againn!!! Kyahhhh kyahhhhh!!!!!!!

20. DiPz

DiPz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the prologue? Not a complete volume?? Nooooooooooo