Random childhood memories?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The JP anime cliche of having your childhood friend promise marriage to you or something similar, and of course, with the kiss on the cheek. That's why I said young girls are precocious little monsters. Instead of focusing on games and the like, here they are going straight for home base.:blobscream:

cap.toon likes this.
  2. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    My first childhood memory, I was 4 yo or so, was riding my trycicle while my father is watching, on my fun I tried to make a close curve and fell on the grass with the trycicle over me, I am on the ground, I can't stand up, I look at my father, he is laughing loudly, time passes, he keeps laughing, I start crying.

3. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was six. She didn't find out about the cheating until the day it was finalized, when he was doing a 'this is for the best' spiel and accidentally said too much (bragged, is how she saw it). I remember that day because she came home and broke every glass we had. Didn't find out until ten years later what happened. Ba$tard was making bank as a national truck driver, and she settled for a measley $200 a month child support for three children, all under the age of ten, because she thought it best to part on good terms and trusted him to do right by us. He manipulated her, saying he'd take us for a few days every month and do the clothes and shoe shopping himself. I didn't see that asshole for years.

Bless my mom, she still made my childhood a happy one. I didn't miss him, since I only saw him three times a year before the divorce, excepting that one year we rode with him.

Aquaa likes this.
  4. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure how it worked exactly, because I'm not a con artist like him, but he gave the address of an empty lot without a mailbox for them to contact him. I'm guessing they didn't have his social security number or anything else to find him. We were lucky, because we had his actual address and SSN, so he couldn't get out of it. Still stopped paying after a couple years, though. Mom sued him later. It was very therapeutic for her, I think.

Snowbun and Aquaa like this.
  5. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely:your mom is a strong woman

Snowbun likes this.
  6. Zettai Ryouiki

Zettai Ryouiki [V] H [Y]'s [♙] - "It's complicated."

Reading List:
    Link
    There's this one morbid nursery rhymes that I used to really hate back then. It's a native local nursery rhymes, so there's no point pointing which one. It's about a native bird that got hurts and can't fly. It's pretty old, and I've never heard it in ages.

Suddenly, when I was whistling some random tunes, for some reason it stranded into the tunes of this nursery rhymes. I didn't remember what tune it was before at first. And it makes me really curious. It didn't just shift seamlessly into the whole song, it shifted in and out until it clicked.

Only once I remember how the whole tune plays out that I recalled what it was. And honestly it makes me feel conflicted. This is happened over a decade ago. I never whistling that tune anymore, and I never trying to remember it since then, but from that point it always stuck in my head. The whole tunes, and the lyrics, and how it makes me feel.

cap.toon likes this.
  7. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Geez, kinda make me wonder if this is why all babies cry. Was kinda like this to my little sister. Laugh first and pick up later

All those glasses. Must be hard to clean afterward.

Yea. Tracking down the father is always a pain. Other times, it’s the mom making a living off child support. Work for the county, and I got to say we had a case where the woman is having her 10th child. Only two of the 9 children is with her. The rest is in foster care. Goodness.

8. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    More like that's how trust is destroyed.

cap.toon likes this.
  9. ACTS1966

ACTS1966 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one time I shoved a friend I had had for ages into the schools wall, and it was one of those shitty walls that had little rocks sticking out of them, and I had shoved him quite hard into it, I thought he had gotten brain damage or something and I felt really depressed so the next day I brought him over to the same wall and banged my head against it as hard as I could. Welp when we went to highscool he become a top student while I failed most of them. And we don't talk anymore, so that's great.

10. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember it now that I used to play bicycle with my dear old friend and one day when we were in grade 6, both of us played bicycle while holding each other's hands then soon our dog chased us (my friend was a Muslim so she was panicked) and then together we fell on the ground and laughed..

11. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Good story, specially the foreshadowing in the middle of the ending.

5 doggos :blobdog::blobdog::blobdog::blobdog::blobdog:

12. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my childhood memories consists of me getting hit in the face with footballs, soccer balls, dodge balls, basket balls. The other part of my childhood memories is all those times id get sent to the nurse to lie down with a bloody nose.

I have two specific occasions of getting hit, the first being during a game of kickball or something, i got distracted cause there was this really cool monarch butterfly so i used it as an excuse to wander off cause it was way too hot outside to play. Just as i had started walking this blue ball just comes hurtling towards my face, and because i was too busy with the butterfly so the ball hit me squarely in the faceeee.

The second time we were playing line soccer or something and i was sitting against the wall cause it wasn't my teams turn to play, and this girl kicked the ball with all her might and her teammate who she'd passed it to, missed. So the ball went hurtling, and you guessed it, right into my face, and the back of my skull hit the wall behind me pretty hard. What i thought was kinda funny was the girl who'd kicked it was my crush, so now i like to think of her as "the crush who crushed"

cap.toon likes this.
  13. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I don’t really remember a lot about my kindergarten days. When I see pictures of my family at that time I can never remember exactly when those scenes happened but I kept some memories about things that my parents don’t recall at all LOL

I went to a public school near my house before my parents enrolled me and my older brother in a catholic school. I had a girl friend that had short and brown hair and I remember thinking she was very cute. There wasn’t a lot of girls with short hair (I had the “traditional” East Asian mushroom haircut) and we played together a lot. I disliked that the toys were divided by gender since I always shared the same toys with my brother. Boys got some trucks to play in the sand pit and girls got a little baby with a bathtub, everyone could use the buckets and tools for playing with dirt. But this girl would always accompany me and we used the little truck to move dirt around and the tiny bathtub and buckets to mold sand castles.
    The morning snack was butter rolls with chocolate milk (I remember clearly because I disliked drinking milk when I was little). Everyone had to take their own plastic cups to drink it and I had a very ordinary mug but the girl had a collapsible red cup that I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Unfortunately, I don’t remember her name...I have the impression it was something that started with a C like Christy or Clara.
    My backpack at that time was a Dengeki Sentai Changeman one. Mine was red and my brother’s was blue. But I wanted mine to be white like Change Mermaid!!! >.<

cap.toon likes this.