Random question...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tsukkin, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were given one do-over in life, what would it be?

2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold my beer, I got this...
    --edit--
    I edited a previous post to a similar question.

It would allow me to would allow me to avoid the worst of my mistakes, do better in school, avoid some nasty injuries, getting avoiding the person I married like the plague, and hopefully avoiding a couple events that have crippled my ability to have a normal active life. At the age of 10, it should be 1988. It's a year before the perents seperate and MTV still plays music. The public doesnt have access to the interweb, cellphones look like briefcases, and most politicians actually do there jobs instead of endlessly bicker about who did what to who and whos at fault for even little things that have gone wrong.

• I would buy a lawnmower. Find widows and older fokes that need their yards taken care of. Use that money to by a better bike, a bike trailer and some gardening tools(weedwacker, lawn rake, hoe, ect) and spend the next few summers working my ass off.
    • During the school year, I would work harder to get better grades. It shouldn't be to hard with an adult's knowledge. Weekends when the weather is still nice, I'll be out mowing lawns and weeding flowerbeds. When the weather turns to shit, I'll spend some of my money and get a console and TV for me and spend my evenings and weekends gaming.
    • Time skip to June of 1992, now that I'm 14, I can actually get a real job. Might be reduced hours, but I know a few farms when I can drive tractors for 40 hours a week over the next couple months and rake in around $1000 in cash. The rest of my week will be spent mowing lawns and tending gardens.
    • 16, get my license, buy a used truck so I dont have to peddle my ass around town any more. By this point I should have avoided two major blunders in my life(omitted) and have my own cashflow to do the things I want and need to do in the future. I would also like to invest some money in buying MTG: cards, particularly alpha, beta and unlimited expansions as they contained the mox cards and hopefully a handful of Black Lotus. On today's market even a poor condition black lotus auction for thousands, and a mint condition one in the hundreds of thousands...
    • Now comes the important parts. I know that IBM stocks tank somewhere around here, and they reinvent themselves as two companies. One catering to corporate America, and the other focusing on personal computers. So that two investments to watch for. Next are Ebay, and Amazon., Google, Microsoft's, Apple... the list is endless. As I'll still be a minor when some of these investment opportunities come in, I'll need a friend to help me, thankfully I know just the person. Frankly by the time I'm 18 I expect to have around 10k in the bank that will be solely used to buy stocks. I have no clue what the returns on those will be so I'll continue to work on the farm, or just keep doing landscaping (mowing, gardening, ect) for widows and old folks. Either way, I'll be reinvesting any money the stocks pay out back in to their respective companies.
    • As my home town seems to be a so called bedroom community, investing in reality and construction would net some major cash. Also knowing that there will be a huge influx of people ahead of time will allow for better planning instead of the ad havoc BS building craze that is happening atm.
    • By the time I'm 40 my investments should be self sustaining, which allows me to retire. I have full intentions of building a little castle just outside of the town I was born and relaxing as I enjoy visiting with family and friends

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  3. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a first love, which after graduation i never saw again. I still think sometimes about her and it has already been a year. Maybe I would confess and not carry this shit with me.

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd fap even more and be Tenfaps. :blobhero:

5. Madoqua

Madoqua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prevent a friend from suiciding.

Notify the BFF of my sister that she has cancer so she can be still saved and my sister wouldn't be so depressed.

Save my grandma from falling to her death.

For myself to go to doctor earlier because right now I'm stuck with incurable internal damage.

But all this I can't change because I didn't know.

6. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    mark all novels i read last life so i can different ones this time.. :blob_sunglasses:

Edit! Finally thought of one: I'll probably stay inside the house or visit my grandma in the hospital when she's on her deathbed.. So that i will not grow up cold hearted...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. NoLoliNoLife

NoLoliNoLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    probably start writing at a much younger age. I want to do more writing now, but I'm kinda stuck with what I have.

8. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow...that's some detailed life plan you got there lol and true!!! WE MUST BUY STOCKS AND INVEST :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:
    so we can start a slacker life later in life~

Same....

Yeah, i guess you have richer imagination when you're young, always feel nostalgic whenever i read my old notes lol

Meloman likes this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from stupid life choices, I regret the most not taking the chance when bitcoin prices skyrocketed so I will probably invest in bitcoin, I will take the opportunity if I get a do-over in life

Tsukkin and Meloman like this.
  10. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly Iwould love to change quite a few things (had written in a similar post before), but then realistically speaking the only real thing I could control if I went into the past would be my own body. So I would do my best to not overeat when I was like 8, to then stay thin and do exercise.

Stocks and accident preventions and all that are definitely great but I have a feeling that a butterfly effect would occur... thus my only wish would be about my own weight-non-gain.

A bit pessimistic, but I feel that the more one hopes for xyz success- the harsher the reality will bite one in the ass.

Tsukkin likes this.
  11. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd stop @elengee from changing his profile picture. Ill never get used to this :(

12. ScipioM

ScipioM :D

Reading List:
    Link
    I would do better in school to be honest it seems so vanilla but as a person that's entering college this year my grades from high school has made me suffer in the choice of college I go to. I couldn't make it to the colleges that I would have made if I tried a little harder and even though I wouldn't say I regret my choice of not caring about my grades that much during my last 4 years of high school and I'm still going to a great college (University of California Santa Cruz) it was for sure not my first choice in any matter and was my back up, which I'm happy to go to but I don't like the fact they sent me a letter that explicitly said that they had to reconsider if they really wanted to accept me because of my grades. I would also choose to think more of my choices of what I would like to do in college cause here I am about to enter college thinking I had it all thought out and now I'm second thinking myself like no other. I know that I also have a lot of things later after college that I would also need to think about and choose what to do, but I can't even decide if what I'm thinking is the choice I want anymore.

Maybe I would even try to be a more social person and try to find some more friends with the same hobbies as myself. But I have no complaints with my social life, I don't have to go through drama and etc. the last 4 years of school and I even still have a group of friends that I'm really close to. I wouldn't give anything to change whatever relationships that I have right now.

This would probably be the most important thing for me if I had a do over. I wouldn't want to be a prodigy that could "fortune tell" the stock market even though I have a rough outline of some of the bigger stocks since I've been doing a little trading for some learning experience. Nor would I want to be a genius programmer that could create a software startup. I don't want to be a genius, or a prodigy of anything. All of these things would just be too much for me no matter how much fun I would believe that I would have doing them and dream of doing.

Of course depending when you ask this question my answer will always be different. Currently I may feel like this but who knows maybe 4 years from now I get out of college and I would wish I could do over and be a prodigy. I may want to be the richest person in the world(student debt), or I would love to create an organization to have world peace. But here I am a incoming freshman regretting about one of the most mundane things.

13. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Start working earlier.
    Not care about whether my major choice in college is 'right' and just focus on getting it done asap and getting to work.
    Do as much math as I can as soon I start college so I can get it all out of the way before I forget it all.
    Rebel against my parents over-protective policy and actually go somewhere besides school and home during highschool.
    Not feel responsible for other peoples choices.
    Try to seriously learn IT from that one club instead of just using it as an excuse to not go straight home.
    Write more.
    Stay in that sport.
    Tell that person how I felt.
    Let my friends know how precious they were to me, and get all their contact information so that I can have the ability to contact them again someday.

Meloman likes this.
  14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I would buy a crap ton of bitcoin while I'm a kid, and just sell it all in 2017.