Discussion *rant rant rant* Curse you top 8 people! (Not really <3)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lachiel, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been reviewing and stuff of novels with the goal of having at least a decent grasp on the pacing of the novel and at least out of the introductory part of the novel... blah blah blah. and whatever finished novels I've read...

But anyways!! So hard to break into the top 5 users ;-; I got to rank 6, then went out for a day with family and came back to rank 8 D=. now to slowly crawl back into 6 and try to break into the top 5 arghhghgh..

-end rant
    Edit:
    (Just so you know I don't really hate any of you I just find it slightly fun not knowing anything about what's n needed for the next rank)
    (P.S) My reading list just broke 200.. what am I doing with myself.. arghh..

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Shio and conspible like this.
  2. conspible

conspible Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, and here I am satisfied with my rank #22 that slowly keeps falling because I'm lazy. Good luck trying to keep that rank. I gave up trying to get in the top 10 since I'd have to read and review genres I don't like to go that far.

3. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been only doing stuff I like or have read so far. I don't go as far as read things I don't like.. but I'm starting to think I might do it.. Let me put it like this the list says on oct 24 I've reviewed / rated 24 novels.. and I've only gone back to rank 7 Q_Q What happened in the one day

4. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    We're being ranked?

5. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    yep, if you click your own name on the novel updates site rather than in this forum.

That said, I'm comfy with my rank #100s. I don't want to read a lot that would take my time a lot lol. I'll just read what I actually am Interested at.

AkeShiro and Zone Q11 like this.
  6. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    My reading list is like so. So I've caught up to a bunch of them or even read ahead with my subpar chinese skills.. ;-; I've reviewed more then a few of them and am baffled that I'm not the only one who's reviewed a lot.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  7. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It just means git gud :p

8. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    :c I've got my rank 6 back but alas.. trying to break into rank 5 is proving to be challenging once again :O

9. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    Ranking includes everything in the stat count, not just reviews/ratings.

10. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I do usually edit genre's that are missing from mature and smut like novels.. ~_~ but most of my work is with reviews and rating.. I've only added one release due to the fact I'm usually reading something when things get releases -sigh- Oh well! I just felt like ranting about it finally :3 It's nice to know it's based on overall contribution to the site.

11. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just curious and never care about rankings. Is it quality (How big your review/edit is in bytes) or quantity (Just basing it off the stat count)?

Good luck on getting rank one then lol. If you have that big reading list and still won't get rank one, maybe they just have a bigger list than you lol.

12. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh I'm not that concerned about 1.. I'm going to assume its tony considering he did get the site up and running. I just wanted to be in the top 5 atleast once <3

AkeShiro likes this.
  13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it's Tony. Just look at the "Member List" for the forums, and you're number one!

14. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    eh It doesn't count forums =P These forums are new. Also.. I don't think I'm spamming the forums D=. I'm just replying when I can but ;-; now I feel bad /cry

15. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, it's been half a month, though

Lachiel likes this.
  16. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I didn't imply you're spamming the forums. I'm just saying that the number one might not be Tony. Although considering that he did add a lot of series/groups/releases due to RSS feeds on the previous forums.... that might make him number one lol.

17. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, I only have 9% of the same series... just how the heck do you keep them all in check!?

18. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, how are we being ranked again?

19. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    oh jesus.. Now I want to know more.. ~_~ but I'll just keep plugging along. I managed to get rank 5 so alls happy now. I'll just keep reviewing novels I like and others that seem interesting.. ~_~ As long as theres enough chapters to base a review on atleast.

I keep them in check easy, I read up to the latest chapter and then just follow them as they pop up in recently updated. If I miss one I call sunday my "Catch up day" and read things that I'm planing to read as it's released and read one of my backlog series that I have for backup when I run out of things up to date :3

20. XellossMetallium

XellossMetallium Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I understand the concept of top contributors and it is indeed useful at the beginning, when the user base is still young!
    If I'm not wrong (and it is very much possible) I read in another post of the admin that his intention in the future is to grant certain reviewing powers to top contributors. Now, if today I'm in position to, let's say, edit and correct an older release but tomorrow I'll be "demoted" without noticing.. This could become very hard to follow, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.