RANT: When an Idol Falls

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    omg, so much drama these days o.o

idk why Wuji acts like he owns his translators though, they can do whatever they want. Nothing's wrong if they find a better job opportunity and takes it.

[​IMG]

psst, i saw that thread you made calling me ridiculous even though I literally gave you proof. I'm just too lazy to reply man.

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha :blobjoy::blobsweat_2:(y)

3. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this is one of the more common misconceptions. First, we literally can license pretty much every single novel outside of Qidian - it's just that everyone has a different opinion of what a 'great novel is'. Dragon Talisman was (and is) a special case, but I could still get it if I really pushed for it, but I'm not because... it got really boring really fast, unfortunately. Chalk it up to inexperience.

Second, people imagine that if Wuxiaworld didn't try to get licenses, then Chinese publishers would have had 'no idea' about the western market. I understand why some would think this, but it's just adorably naive. You have no idea how desperate and eager China is to spread their culture; they spent billions on their Confucius Institutes, and it was Chinese publishers who first reached out to us (it started from 17K), not vice versa, because Chinese readers saw what was going on in the English market and started threads on Chinese forums discussing it, and those threads went into the thousands of comments/discussions.

This is the internet age, news travels with lightning speed. It was going to happen regardless. What I did was ensure that Wuxiaworld would be around for years, even decades to come, as would our novels.

4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologize. Your website is different.
    It is the same way the meal of Jeff Bezos or a King seems ridiculous me

To correct your misunderstanding:
    I do not act like I own my translators.
    I pay for chapters and I get them
    It is that simple.

I know other websites have a discord where the translators and site owners are buddies telling stories but I don't give a crap what even the sex of my translators are.
    I don't have a discord channel or use discord either(deleted mine)

It is a simple transaction: We negotiate a rate, I pay for 10 chapters and I get 10 chapters.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

If that is a crime then I am guilty as charged

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  5. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on Alexa ranking (which is imperfect, but does show rough trends), her site is significantly smaller than yours. She's not a Jeff Bozos, you are just a bad (and cheap) businessman who pays less than both the big box retailers (Wuxiaworld, QI, Volare) and the mom'n'pop stores (ISO).

The existence of small sites like ISO and big sites like WW are existential threats to you, which is why you are now ranting, because they prove that you don't have to be a jackass to 'run a business'; that's just how you personally operate, not 'how all businesses works'. You can be ethical, even in an imperfect world - you just choose not to be.

6. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya lets go back to everyone translating 3 chapters a week and never have a completed novel in 10 years.
    The translation speed has nothing to do with licensing. Putting those two together is what is truly illogical.
    Your logic is basically no one wants to translate the novel I like so its WW's fault?
    No, Not directly obviously but they are the Major force causing it. More so they're seeking of legitimacy is the major force as it led to both webnovel.com and the further push towards legitimacy in the community.
    Just because WW is getting lic doesn't mean everyone else has to or will do it. If its something difficult to lic and ww doesn't do it then someone else can if they want to, not like ww is enforcing every translator to go legit.
    True but if the major industry pioneer are themselves acting legitimate than that puts pressure on others to be legitimate as well. No one really cared about legitimacy all that much till Wuxiaworld brought it up. If everyone is naked than being naked has no meaning. You would only feel embarrassed if some people were wearing clothes. If everyone was committing a crime than it really isn't a crime. Before Wuxiaworld and the push for legitimacy no one really cared. Of course Webnovel.com was also a major factor but again webnovel.com is a symptom of Wuxiaworlds push for legitimacy. Worse yet this is something which really benefits no one. It is completely illogical.

DjB1 likes this.
  7. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    I responded to your comments on 'Wuxiaworld caused QI'. Take a gander.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough I can respect that.

9. Pyon

Pyon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to point out, even in big name movies, they properly credit their contributors.

Why aren’t these people being poached? Oh, they are being poached anyways because they offer better working conditions. If you want the best talents, offer the best conditions. The fact that you’re hiding your translators tells me that your working conditions are ass and you’re afraid of being poached.

Even in business, there is such a thing as business ethics. The fact that this is ignored tells me you’re only about profits, regardless of how many people it hurts. This is detrimental to the growth of the community.

10. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, someone call an ambulance lol

11. StrangeMan

StrangeMan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    Man, I never had any idea about drama in the forums . I need to lurk here more now.

12. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    man, people hating each other on the internet, every time i read-see it, i just laugh to myself and i just hope that human race will invent the teleportation technology soon enough so every week we can thrown them in the ring for a good and old fist fight, i bet that this would replace all popular fighting sports that exists today and no, i'm not talking here about stupid meaningless violence for violence but it just because it WORKS.
    Is not hard to search for papers and studies about it, sometimes you just need to get physical to release that angry in you and see things how it really here: no one care about angry people on the internet outside of the angry mob themselves plus let's be realistic angry mob on the internet in today's age have too much energy on them to fulfill their angrier feelings to keep complaining and hating people on the internet, so it would be a nice solution.

Plus now is the serious part of my reply and I KNOW FOR SURE THAT I'M GONNA GET FIRE BECAUSE OF WHAT I'M GONNA WRITE BELOW ABOUT ALL THIS DISCUSSION IN THE PAST FEW DAYS, BUT HELL F*** IT, i will write it anyway because if even if 1% NUF friend becomes a better person to live in the world we are current in after understanding what i'm trying to say; even if i get fire from all others 99% is worth. !

first i want to take care of this thread obvious drama segment, after all i'm posting here in his own thread; then i will do a general answer to everyone else, (just to see the world burn)

Wujigege: keeping their TL secret? so what? is his company, even if it is in the grey area of society is still his own, people asking him to tell or do anything for you guy's is ridiculous, because you all don't have this right, no one have!! besides him and his TL's ,if he want to have them as slave Tl's , is his problem and his employers,stop trying to meddle in the lives of someone who does not need it, is not like anyone is forcing them to do so, we are not in the 1800 anymore where people owned other people and could demand things in their name and meddle in their lives and no you are not " the business ethics" police, if you have some trouble with it and believe he is wrong go report him to the authoritie and yes you can report people on the internet, pretty much all countries in today's world have policies specialized in cybercrime and yes, pirated work is dealt by them too.

Wujigege is also a ass**** sometimes, (don't take this as personal attack): but is just who he is and hating a people because WHO he is is not a "taboo" nowadays? he seems to be a angry guy in own way by his replies in the forum or better yet like others already stated he is just too direct and for some this may be the same as being ass**** but deal with it yourself this is the freedom right !!, anyone can be anything them want to be and of course also be called by being it and this is exactly what i did here, in a subtle way!!, don't take offense dude but recently you are too fired up in this, just let things go!
    but this does not mean you can demand or judge him because of it, so for some he may be treating his Tl's as shit by you guy's standard and most "people" in this forum but to them he could very be their savior; do you all guy's understand how big the world is? how much Americans dollars is worth in some countries? how shit the world is right now? the importance of a job and even a dollar paying job? since one average standard chapter paid in patreon in most websites is more than entire families of 4 or more uses to live for in their entire month in pretty much a lot of places in the world, in reality in more than half of it.

so who are us?, and this includes me of course : to judge if he treats them as shit or not because he pays less than others? the only ones who could judge is the tl's themselves because contrary to that everyone thinks paying for a service does not give you the right to judge his works ethics or not , you are paying, in this case for a tl chapter and you can only rightful judge the content of the chapter itself and the quality of it's translation; something that i barely see people doing when talking about him and bringing the "business ethics" card is stupid, where i do agree that there is some set of standards when dealing with world wide transactions; each and every country have their own values that could be considered "business ethics" so again, better do not use this when you don't even know from which end of the world the tl's are, and yes they could be living a better life? of course, they could also be living a utter devastated life if they lose their job of tling to him, again no one simple don't know anything about them and is not our problems, for a group who is tling novels in ENGLISH they can pretty easily find where their novel is posted, NUF and NUF FORUMs too after all we are not a secretive novel society hidden from the world, we are pretty much the BIGGEST novel related english website in the world, maybe not for view since chapters are posted in their own websites but you get the gist of it and clear they are not interested in doing so, so far.

and No, you are not helping the community, in reality barely anyone " IS" helping the community and i'm sure as well that people demanding things from anyone in this community is in fact not helping the community at all in any way and form too, you don't see for example the creator of NUF or some ADMINS demanding groups to apologize, or to release more chapters or any other thing you may think about. you don't see rwxwuxiaword demanding anything from Wujigege even with all the back and forward between them, at best Rwx called Wujigege on his **** and Wujigege also called him on Rwx *** both stated what they believe to be right and only that and those are people who is giving to the community and helping it, even if some may disagree with me on that!

now this is where things get heavy about general users in this site and yes this includes me sometimes, hell i can even recognize that this very own reply i'm doing it exactly what i'm judging people for in this reply oh no! the Irony of life!!.

just like in the previous centinne thread where people demanded Tinni and the other dude to apologize,we have been getting a lot of those dramas with people demanding people to do what they want and i must ask again! people who are we? we are nobodies, yeah we like novels, we use their services, we pay for chapters, i myself paid for chapters in content in multiple platforms when i still had my job before all this shit that is happening in the world started going on, and now i'm not ashamed to say that i leech the **** out of every platform, is just life: i do it for me, i pay when i can, i leech when i can not pay and be done with it and no, being paying user or not does not equal rights to anything beyond what you have been paying for.

i think i missed the point so going back: where it is stated that when we pay for the service of reading novels, we have the right to JUDGE the ones doing the work? judging their dirty laundry? and worse of it all, DEMAND something from them? go grown up people, free world of internet is affecting your upspring as whole.

We don't have the right to demand anything of anyone in the world just because they are not demanding anything from you too, so newsflash people : stop requesting things from others when you are a NOBODY to them and no! being a consumer is not being special!, if they did something wrong: point it out and DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF: you don't own anyone nor anyone own you anything; you must be a good guy and do right,follow the law not because you expect everyone else do it too, this is not how things works and is not how the WORLD works: you do GOOD for yourself, you follow the law for yourself, you don't do stupid things for yourself because if you do it because you want others to do it for you in return you are a ass****( pardon the language) because i bet that in first opportunity you have where no ones is looking you would do the same thing they are doing wrong, because you are not doing it for the right reasons, you don't believe is the right thing to do, you do it because everyone else does and yes this is how majority of people lives their lives and those are the most S***** of them all, and strangely some of the most successful ones too, hell they made movies of it, multiples movies about people being ass****, you read news about it every day, about you so called "heroes" and "celebrities" or even the old man across the street! doing those things that should not be done at their first opportunity to do it, countries are ruled by people like that and the world is still going on, at least for now.

this is morality of life, people can be ass**** all the time and anyone demanding something of someone is without doubt the biggest of them all, so do the right thing because you WANT to do it and because you believe in yourself that you are RIGHT and the things you are doing is morality right ,simple as that, and stop demanding or expecting others to follow you in doing it too because this is not how the world works.
    Yes you can dissect my statement and turn it around by point out s**** scenarios but guess what? you missed the entire point that i'm talking about here!! so don't bother to do it: go live your life; maybe read this again and try to understand the main point of what i'm talking about, i know that my english is at best average, so it may be difficulty for you but you know what? do what you feel is right because you think you are right doing it and stop expecting everyone else to do it for you too because this is not how the world works.

asriu, otaku31 and Wujigege like this.
  13. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Experience man.. Experience..

The more you lurk, the more you see lol

14. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long and how many Re-write (if you did) do you need to write a post this long?

15. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, but cough cough "being a costumer is nothing special" lol. Given how widespread Halloween is, I have to agree with that statement.
    upload_2020-8-2_17-26-35.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  16. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    normally i take up to 10-20 minutes to write it maybe a little more if i'm watching a series when doing it; and rewrite-edit after i post; as you can see right now, i already made 4-5 edits, waiting for replies and inputs, if someone post something meaningful i will reply like right now and keep doing some edits until i find is "nice enough" and i have corrected most things but after that i leave this here forever without replying or checking anymore.
    at least this is my standard.

runsing likes this.
  17. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, holy mackerel, I was thinking the same thing!

But I do agree with @M4rcosR3is - I certainly don't have the right to 'demand' anyone do anything, and no one really does, and I neither know nor care (on a personal level) who his translators are. I only posted in the Centinni thread and this one because Wuji's a lying jackass in a lot (not all) of his posts, and if I'm free I'll call him out on it :ROFLMAO:, especially when he is calling a friend of a friend (kikki) a liar.

18. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks, i'm editing it right now, if you find more please do post, and i will correct it as i edit; like i wrote to @Magnus183, i post and only edit-rewrite as i go along, is a bad practice, yeah! but who cares i don't, and i use it to give people enough time to reply because after that i will be gone forever. hahah(from this thread.)

19. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel your pain with the typos, but that one was just too amusing to not share. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Consumer, not cossumer :blobcheeky:

upload_2020-8-2_17-31-47.png

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Release rate is dependent on the popularity. Popular novels will get lots of releases since like I pointed out I pay for each chapter. I need to recoup the cost. I am a realist
    Just because a novel is a critical hit doesn't mean people actually read it as much.
    That is the crux of the matter.
    It baffles them that someone does things differently from what they do.
    My translators are happy with the arrangement. And it is very common in many industries.
    You say using the translations as a callback well, these are illegal translations
    Using illegal translations in your resume seems like a pretty dumb thing to do if you ask me.
    Also, you cannot enforce anything on the internet. Contracts are meaningless.
    Also, I have made it very clear that I am not an optimist and I do not trust people.
    There is no rule that states that for freelance work you have to write the name of the freelancer on it.
    Ghostwriters exist for Pete's sake.
    These are just stuck up people who simply want to find fault

P.S. I am still waiting on this thread to get locked