Rape and doting love.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Catastrophe3905, Jun 4, 2020.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Zombie sister strategy, they raped each other

2. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A fair number of women have fantasies about being forcibly dominated and found irresistible by a strong and handsome man. Forcible dominance is commonly called rape.

3. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stories with dense beta cucks
    Stories with rapey MLs
    Stories with hypocrite "I'm a good person as long as it doesn't concern me" MCs

Three cancers of web novel world. There are exceptions of course like The Man’s Perfect Wife but 99% of the time those three are the instant drop factors for me. I'm still having nightmares, after almost one year, about Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator. Author shat on such a good novel and FMC for the sake of making the ML look more """dominant""".

4. SleepyFox

SleepyFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I generally don't check tags when looking for stuff, just the genres. I'll skim the synopsis and reviews before giving the novel a chance. Finally, I get a hit with a clear rape scene which the author tries to play off as coquettish or seductive or some bs.

It would be nice if some of the more disturbing and r-18 tags were coloured red to stand out from the normal blue tags... actually going to go suggest this if it hasn't been suggested before.

Imsobored, Catastrophe3905 and imK like this.
  5. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    There's only one tag I ever avoid, it's netorare. As for the combination of Doting love interests and rape, I'd read the novel first (and check the other tags) before caring too much about it. The female protag, and sometimes the male protag, could be a victim of rape, and that he or she is being doted upon by someone in order for them to heal. It could also be the reverse, where the FL or ML got raped, and now the MC's trying to help them. There are many other circumstances and reasons as to why rape was tagged in the novel apart from the MC being the receiver or doer of said action

Tl;dr: Don't be quick to raise assumptions solely based on the tags if the tags aren't too specific.

Catastrophe3905 likes this.
  6. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels with the rape tag are there even if it's a supporting character that was raped. :facepalm:

7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Your crushes' life's like this tea cup

[​IMG]

And all her happiness is the tea, when it's filled like this

[​IMG]

There's no room for more...so

You do this

[​IMG]

Then do this

[​IMG]

Voila you can now put only the happiness you want her to have. B***h won't even p** without thinking about your hard rod tearing her p***y.

Ps- I don't endorse this though :blobpeek:

Catastrophe3905 and reagents 11 like this.
  8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not denying such romanticization is used but some technicalities here: Rape is when Person A sexually penetrates Person B orally, anally, or vaginally without consent. When Person B is forcibly groped or kissed, that is sexual assault/assault. So, are we romanticising actual rape or sexual assault more?

-Note: that there is also accidental groping and penetration. These apply more to Rito in "To Love-Ru/Darkness". Being that is likely quite rare, being able to prove something the following is in a class by itself: A guy genuinely accidentally walkt into a room where a woman is changing then trips and accidentally vaginally penetrates her.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    spchntrt likes this.
  9. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I am once walk in to classroom and the girl were change their clothes, they (Female) usually put tag "Room is used" or someone guard the door so it caught me off guard. That scary, girl give me cold stare for 1 week. Especially class president, it seem she realize there no one who guard the door and move to the door. She already almost finished so i only get look in her bra and breast though :blobnosebleed:.

10. Achievemint

Achievemint Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep forgetting that Series Finder exists. You can even use it without being a member here. Anywayss: I guess because this type of plot device sells. And, very popular at that! *Clearing throat* Let me share some stupid plots to make characters meet.

Female Protagonist (FP) is sold by her family, raped, and then marries her master-- I mean husband who "did" her without proper consent or even when she said "no" because no is "yes" so they did the deed anyway. This was the readers' dream, apparently.

How about a plot device where the ML threatens, physically (with an excuse that it was just a light push), emotional, and s*xual violence against the FL. The ending? They... of course... ended up together... got married... and had children.

In short, it's a plot device -- to basically force meet the main characters and start from there, because romance am i right? Not to shake any authors hustle, but this is one way to groom readers, especially youngsters that such a thing is normal. To answer your question:
    In my opinion, it's because we were taught that rape is pretty straightforward: A forces B. However, they forgot to (or maybe intentionally) cover that alcohol and drugs, cohesion, and heck marriage could also fall in this R category. Hence, many romance novels romanticized rape.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Catastrophe3905 likes this.
  11. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here drop the TMR when the ML become touchy feely to the FL even though they haven't solve their misunderstanding. He's like she's his wife so it right sleep and touch her even she's Unconcious. For some reason that ML has rapey vibes for me.
    Chinese seems like have mindset that since they are married, consent is not needed. Disgusting

imK and eray.gns like this.
  12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boy, would you love ancient China then. If the emperor dies, the family must commit suicide and join him after.

imK likes this.
  13. eray.gns

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the problem with TMR is that the shift from "I don't give a damn about ML, I'm a strong girl" to "Please no, I don't want it (sex) *cry cry*" is so fast that it makes you feel disgusted with ML. I wouldn't mind it if MC kept her "free spirit" and "modern world sensibilities" and enjoyed the love they made but here, shift in personality leaves one with unfullfilled desires. It wouldn't be the same with "The family must commit suicide if the emperor dies..." because this would be a "set rule" from the beginning and I would accept it as an integral part of that world.

imK and Imsobored like this.
  14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was talking about how patriarchy runs deep in CN novels. Kinda of stricter compared to JP or KR novels. If you noticed in CN novels, their family head has the say on everything. Yes, even the lives and wishes of the family. That's how it always been, usually, in CN novels which follow a very strict hierarchy. It's kinda lax in modern settings, but such laxness is nearly impossible when the male lead is probably an elite, yeah? Same thing, different eras, but the core is exactly remains the same. What's TMR?

imK and eray.gns like this.
  15. eray.gns

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator

16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This also applies in real life at times: What could be interpreted as rape SOMETIMES is actually 2 people consenting to rough, consensual sex. Where the line is drawn between rape and rought sex can be hard to say.

17. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wont that actually fit for any work with yandere type character?
    its not novel but i remember some H-manga with the girl reverse rape the guy and loving him dearly
    she gave birth to his kid and they got a "happy ending"
    a happy family with 4 ppl (guy, the girl, girl the guy actually love, the baby)

*mind you the guy somehow ended up broken like those mind break-ed heroine

.. and Catastrophe3905 like this.
  18. FrontalDagger

FrontalDagger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, looking at the rape AND doting tag search, one of the series is the ML healing FL's trauma in the past life probably cuz he felt guilty for the past life or smth. Weird as fuck

imK and Catastrophe3905 like this.
  19. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    What if:
    • Person A rapes person B
    • Person C dotes on person B

imK and Catastrophe3905 like this.
  20. Catastrophe3905

Catastrophe3905 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about the novels where the person gets raped and doted on by the same person. There are so many novels like that that every time I see those tags it feels kind of disturbing.

imK and Imsobored like this.