Discussion Rate a novel or a scenes sadness in terms of blobs

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Blitz, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the saddest novel you've read on here? What's the most tearjerking scene from any novel that leaves you sad or with a bittersweet feeling simply by reminiscing about them? I read Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang a little while back which was quite a rollercoaster of emotions. It can even be from non-tragedy or romance novels. eg. scenes like meng hao's adopted fathers' speech
    :blobupset:<:blobsad:<:blobpensive:<:blobcry:<:blob_teary:<:blobsob:
    Rating how sad it feels with stars are no good and many people have trouble describing the different levels of anguish one feels from a scene. Thus use the blob tear rating system to accurately(not really) display how gut-wrenching a scene or story was and how empty it leaves you feeling. Credits to @Ripple for the random idea

Ripple and AMissingLinguist like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Renegade Immortal, getting drunk with Situ Nan and crying. The nursery rhyme about being mortal being better than cultivating.
    Also, where he reverts to being a mortal and everyone around him ages and dies.

GDLiZy and mm38910 like this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    There are lots of sad moments in novels but for me I started watching anime long before I started reading novels, some of those anime made me so sad that the concept of sadness in many other products doesn't make much difference to me anymore, I mean reading or even watching sad moments in novels or anime doesn't make much difference to me anymore, I mean seriously, the hell did they make that damned grave of the fireflies movie for(my heart aches just remembering the name :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:) and then there is also this scene from clannad

Why did you remind me :blobsad:

nonononononono likes this.
  4. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Toaru NT Vol 9
    What did it take to break a boy that tried his best to help anyone in need?
    :blobpopcorn::hmm::blobwoah::blobastonished::blobpensive::blobsad::blob_teary::blobsob:
    (From left to right)

Still the greatest Toaru volume, for me.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Niangniang
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    I cry easily when I hear or read sad stories, but this one just let out the flood gates...
    And for me, the bittersweet with not so much sweetness made it worse.
    I gave up reading anything even a bit sad since I would cry thinking of this for a week or two...
    I was on a fluffiness roll for quite a while!

6. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “My Fiancé is in Love With My Sister.”
    I rate the whole thing with a :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

7. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't think of any past novels I've read off the top of my head.
    But among novels I'm currently following Reborn Little Girl Won't Give Up in it's latest translated chapters had a bit of a sad scene which is somewhere near chapter 15 or 16 and I'd rate it a :blobpensive: if I had to.

You should consider the fact the novel is only just beginning and this is supposed to be an event in the introduction phase which will shape the MC's personality from her childhood. It's that kind of scenario. Her nanny who raised her in her dead mother's place, she kidnaps her for bad people to save her own family, and in her regret she dies trying to protect the MC. What makes it worse is that she was just 15, very young, younger than the MC who is a reincarnated adult. That just breaks my heart. How she died with so much regret, betraying the people who trusted her, and not knowing if her family is safe before meeting her untimely death. It really set the tone for this novel for me so early in the story.

8. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit, why the hell you have to mention clannad, now I am sad.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  9. Ripple

Ripple Notice me Daisydacrazy senpa

Reading List:
    Link
    that novels so tragic that even when I read the spoilers:blobsob::blobsob: :blobsob:

10. ousshama

ousshama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    zhu xian, biyao death it was so hearbreaking of the most tragic events ever, even now when i remember i feel sad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.