Feature Request Rating translation quality

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by ZXu2002, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't been here in a while so correct me if this has been explained already, but why doesn't NU have a function to rate the translation quality of a novel, or the translation quality of the translator? Sometimes it feels like a good story is bogged down by bad translations, or a mediocre story is carried by good translations, and it seems like something pretty important to include?

LevelTryHard likes this.
  2. Calahan

Calahan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect this has been requested quite a number of times, and rejected the exact same number of times. A quick trip to the search function would have led you to (what appears to be) the most recent request thread, which seems to pretty much answer any questions about this topic/request, and explain why it's unlikely to happen.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/translation-rating.116893

applebeans, ZXu2002 and AliceShiki like this.
  3. rbfgig

rbfgig Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because if it's unedited mtl, they can just remove it instead of racking your brains on how tk rate it lololol

4. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuing from that thread, what if the translator group can be rated on their NU group page?

It might be skewed for groups with many TLs or because people just rate according to mood

But it will be separated from the novel’s rating (could be hidden or shown from the novel pages)

The reason I want this is because some sites have really bad ads or they cut the chapters to 10 parts or is bad mtl / stolen from other translators not in NU. Maybe translator A who TL novel X have bad english, but translator B who continues from chapter 100 doesn’t.

It might be good if we can comment on the translation group so that information are not scattered in the novel pages.

It could be color coded instead of stars, as they get more negative or more positive comments

LevelTryHard likes this.