Resource Raw Text Remover

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by LysUltima, Jan 14, 2018.

1. What is Clicking

What is Clicking Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All hail Lys

LysUltima likes this.
  2. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Updated the Google Docs add-on so that it covers shift-enter now. It should work in pretty much all circumstances now.

You can read the manual, see the source code, and see the extra stuffs here: https://yuzukicode.blogspot.com/2018/01/google-docs-blobtl-raw-cleaner-add-on.html
    Version 5 Changes:
    • Updated the highlighter so that now it's able to pick up mini-line-breaks that were made with shift+enter
    • Added functionality so that lines marked with (%%) at the beginning will be marked for highlighting.
    • Removed the "Repair Lines" menu option because it's irrelevant now
    • Removed the "Delete Raw Text" menu option because I think it's better practice to encourage people to highlight before deleting.
    To-do:
    • An in-app menu so that users can have their personal whitelist/blacklist
    • A menu setting for how "strict" the blacklist should be. Currently, it's 100% strict (one blacklisted character will mark the line for highlighting). Tony suggested it may be nice to allow the user to change the strictness (e.g. to 50%).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    LysUltima and BlancFrost like this.
  3. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks like it would be a useful tool for a lot of people. Maybe we show it to an admin for pinning consideration??

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *giggles* Tony was the one that made the version 1.0 of this~

5. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No, this version uses a completely different system than Tony's. I believe he used RegEx, while I didn't.
    2. This is the first version of this kind of program that works without any major bugs. (only bug before would happen when a newline character was at the front of the text)

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmmm... Well, than I guess I'm partially correct only? I mean, you did yours from scratch, but the first one that bothered to make this and share was Tony-chan. So... Different programs altogether, but same ideas... And well, I had no way of knowing how yours was programmed since I don't understand a thing about coding... >.>

As for the non-bugging thing... I think first versions normally have bugs! It'a why they aren't the final versions! xD

... In any case, my point was more like... "The adm of the site was the one that started this thing, they already know of it."

LysUltima likes this.
  7. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    If you inspect element on both of the sites, you could've known how different they are... since Tony's is so confusing and mine is so simple. But, most people don't think of that, so it's forgiven~
    And to be fair, neither of us were the first makers of this type of program. They were out there, but presumably buggy.

AliceShiki likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* Well, I don't know how to inspect element on phone! xD

I can imagine you weren't the first ones, but I think you were the first to bother with sharing it?

LysUltima likes this.
  9. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an app for that.

I'm pretty sure I was the first to publicly share it...but I'm definitely not the first to privately share it.
    Given on how the fan translation scene has been here & popular for a couple of years, I'm sure multiple were made and circulated years ago. Though, considering how we don't commonly know of it, it probably worked situationally or only part of the time. Or people just didn't want to share it for some reason.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm! I think the same! It's pretty possible that it already existed and was shared privately, but good job in sharing it publicly! *hugs*

LysUltima likes this.
  11. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link