Discussion Re:Library's Recent Downtime

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SilvaLau, Jan 14, 2017.

1. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is a rather embarrassing story. It was smooth sailing for a while since we moved to the new server, but soon after I told a “friend” that our site was not experiencing any downtime since the move, our site crashed exactly one day later.

The cause of the downtime was an overload of PHP requests that crashed the PHP. According to statistics, there were hundreds of thousands of PHP requests within few seconds. It could be a badly configured server, but since it happened in two consecutive days and at roughly the same time, there’s a high possibility that we might be under attack by hostile parties.

We won’t deny the possibility that it might be a scheduled process from our server that somehow overloaded the PHP, however unlikely that is, so we looked into it and found that there’s no scheduled process in that time frame.

With that said, we will keep DDoS Protection enabled for a foreseeable future. If that actually helps…

Source: https://re-library.com/2017/01/15/news-regarding-the-recent-downtime/

BakaHebi likes this.
  2. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info

3. Shigune88

Shigune88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Silva idk who told you that PHP is crashing but this is really weird in my opinion. It seems like your server reseller dont know what they are saying. I rather see Apache/NGINX crash than PHP. Since PHP is a seperate component used by Apache/NGINX. it isnt an "running" program.

4. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I am currently hosting on my friend's server and that's what he told me.

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the info

6. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hang in there o/

7. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would anybody DDOS you? Do you have enemies? Or is it some bored people?
    Either they want something from you or they are just assholes, wait in both cases they are assholes unless you did something similar, which you didn't, right?