Discussion Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Season 2 (1)

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Lazriser, Jul 8, 2020.

?

Like the episode?

1. YES

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NO

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say, the episode definitely started with a literal blast.
    • Expectations were fulfilled on most parts, minus my disappoint in not showing the multiple suicides and crowd's reactions.
    • As for the soundtrack, it's good.
    • The character designs are on point if I remember them correctly, but some scenes in the episode certainly used CGI in my opinion and the quality dropped a little if you focused enough. Not really bad, just awkward to look at, but all is good.
    • Animation is okay or has a different texture to it.
    • Voice acting is fine, except maybe for Otto who sounds a little different? Yeah, his tone is less rough or dry than before; a little acute or sharper. Regulus... will take time to get use to, but he definitely scored the arrogance and obnoxiousness. Ley almost exactly sounds how I imagined him in my mind along with those exaggerated monologues.
    No opening or ending themes on sight, but we all know the OP already if you watched the early sneak peeks or PV. Speaking of sneak peeks, I can't believe the studio had the balls to show those two instants, flickering as Gluttony devours Rem in the process. White Fox! I demand an OVA of REM IF route! We all desire such SIN!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a big fan of Re:Zero, so I'll be stacking episodes and listening to reviews only for now.

3. evil lnfant

evil lnfant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does this actually get good at some point? I watched a couple episodes and so far, Subaru, the MC failed to show me that he's able to function as a normal, logical human being. He had to revive 3-4 times, same scenarios, interactions etc. to figure out that he's winding back time at a check point despite knowing a lot (A LOT) about generic anime tropes. He continued to act like a creep, thinking that people will recognize him despite clearly winding up time. I'm sorry, but you have to be a special kind of stupid to ignore these signs even when you're "apparently" open enough to the idea of Isekai and magic. And why is he not taking full advantage of his ability to wind up time? Human beings, at some point will lose the fear of death even if they can't withstand pain when they're aware that they can never die. In the first place, death is fearsome mainly because we don't know what happens afterwards, but it's not like we're completely incapable of overcoming it. Why do people commit suicide otherwise? And why is he so lacking in self awareness? Like god, the dude is just downright annoying. I see a lot of people saying that Subaru displays how most people would react when placed in such a situation, but will we, really? I'm not even talking about geniuses, I'm just talking about normal, average people. Would you guys act as boisterous, clingly and impractical as Subaru? Would you be that incompetent even after confronting several life-death scenarios in a row? Would you fail to adapt to your new environment and abilities making use of your past knowledge to get the best possible outcome? I honestly would rather watch an immoral character who's smart enough to plant suicide magic on himself(?) and gets shit done than an incompetent pseudo-moralistic sob who's virtually incapable of learning unless things gets drilled into his empty head.
    Anyway, with that rant out of the way, I'm going to go back to my question: Does this piece of shit ever grow out of being an incompetent pseudo-moralist or does he stay that way?

ullysis, meilin2, xiaolin2 and 5 others like this.