Discussion Re:Zero wallpaper speculation

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I was bored and then I decided to search for a new wallpaper, as I'm a fan of Re:Zero I went to take a look at some of them Re:Zero themed. Then, I stumbled onto this one here and I wanted to ask if this person is the one who I think it is

(S-Satella?!)

Sorry, for some reason the image does not load.

Here's the link.
    https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=718524&lang=Portuguese#

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  2. DrkStrkr

DrkStrkr Renowned apostle of Nekomimi

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Not enough Rem.

4. Genisyn69

Genisyn69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Satella is the silver hair, not the maid Rem with her spiked balls. though in this pic she has two, not one, and longer hair.... Though it totally could be some other part demon that shows up later on i'm not familiar with. I still say it resembles Rem more than Satella

5. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just trying something out--
    [​IMG]

6. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why everyone likes that re zero, I read some manga chapters and there was, meet girl, get killed, and so on with some differences, and then some random characters pop out who we don't know but the autor don't care to make use of them, like that sword saint reignard? or something, appears, scares of bandits and nothing happens, 2 pages later the MC dies, they meet some ogre with girl in tavern who knows why, and still die, they meet the killer, some woman who still kills them, no description why she kills them, what thing they seek(some item) who the hell are those side characters, wtf? I don't understand this shit. please explain it to me.

7. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

8. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the Satella the OP was talking about was the witch whom shares the same name as the half elf

9. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    It is supposed to be like that.
    It's just the story of a guy who "blinks" his way to another world, but the thing is, he isn't there for anything special and has nothing to rely on.
    Then he mets Emilia and finds a purpose to "live" in this other world (that is, to help her).
    That's it (in the first arc, the second and third ones are better)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  10. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's Satella because she looks like she's sealed in another kind of dimension (that could be the half of the world that got devoured by her) and becuase the two spiked balls are attached to her neck (at least it looks like it to me).
    (and she could have black hair, I mean, Beatrice said "it is said that she is a silver haired half-elf..." and part of what "is said" is already a lie. She can understand human language.) (or at least that's what I think, she speaks to Subaru either way)

11. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    There's Rem everywhere I look (not that I'm complaining tho)

12. erl

erl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need MOAR BETTY!!

13. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    So it really is boring.

14. Genisyn69

Genisyn69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could watch the anime version on Crunchyroll, it's up to episode 14? Or 15. It shows you the intensity of the fact that he's kinda in a time loop, but repetitively with 'save point' type cheat/curse involved. It's also paced well, and makes it much more interesting imo.

15. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    What I said earlier is the amount of information that the MC has when he arrives in the other world. In truth, this series is a well-paced Mystery that deals with multiple timelines. Every character and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE has some kind of role and contribution to the main plot, but they're flashed out in different orders in different arcs (so you can't be surprised if they don't appear for 2 or 3 arcs and then play a major role in the 4th arc).
    The key points are shown to you, but the details of the story are NOT spoon fed. I find myself constantly rewatching some episodes because something popped up and I didn't understand it aka it was on my face but I didn't see it (kinda like Mt.Tai).
    The soundtrack is great in my opinion and the visuals are mostly stunning.
    The MC is the most human character that I saw out there in years. (he is the common guy that likes anime and stuff that you can find everywhere and he HAS his flaws).
    Also, the foreshadowing is pretty well done and the last episode (which was the 15) is considered one of the best anime episodes of the year (compared to Code Geass R2 final). The anime is in the first page of the top anime of all the time in MAL and has a solid 8.78 (I'm not sure about the exact number).
    (I have one phrase that defines the anime to me:
    "A cruel reality shoved up in the face of a common guy that was transported to another world without knowing a single thing just having an ability that is basically useless in most of the situations." If you watch it, you'll understand what I mean).
    (also, I almost forgot but, every character has depth and the writer of the story likes to twist almost every single common trope that is running wild out there recently) (he's a sadist btw)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.