Discussion Re:Zero

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Jojo775, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup I'm only watching it now, coz I grew so bored I started watching anime again.
    Well some anime, I tried second season of Slime but I couldn't stand that crying manly orc and other cringe characters.
    Re is decent so far 10 eps... if only MC wasn't such a moron, with assuming isekai means easy life with cheats...is he a normie that only watched one old isekai? And it took him 2+ deaths to realize he's in a time loop, and not recognizing that woman as a psycho evil character...
    Speeches...omfg the speeches I know they are to be expected in anime, but c'mon children in danger and he takes 2min to give another speech why he must save them. How 'bout save them coz they're children and you're a decent human being, no explanation neeeded?

Beatrice is the best character ofc, I heard that everyone chooses Rem or Ram? But I agree with the man of culture, Connor the great monke.

2. Iruma666

Iruma666 『 Banana Pudding Enjoyer 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl to you chief I think Rem is best girl because I feel she's the cutest, but Beako is definitely my No. 1 loli (2nd being Lewis Myers ofc) :blobmelt:

Also I don't know if you've read the Re:Zero webnovel but... oh wait they already animated Arc 4 nvm... You can see that Subaru is someone who always escaped from reality, so it explains a lot of his seemingly illogical behavior from before. At least, it did for me haha :cookie:

3. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked this anime, but I seriously couldn't stomach the MC in the later episodes :sick:

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I can see that now after watching a few more eps. She is damn cute and an impressive. Though I've long grown sick of harems, this isn't like all those others. I mean it's not like it was forced with misunderstandings and falling on girls or girls falling in love on first sight due to exaggerated crush and other slapstick, and it doesn't seem it will be more than a threesome.
    Rem is "17", nice excuse Japan, believed.

Everyone is really understanding and empathic to what appears to be crazy hysterical MC for no reason who can't explain why he is acting like that.

Belteguse is so annoying, worst over the top lunatic I've seen.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  5. Iruma666

Iruma666 『 Banana Pudding Enjoyer 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Belteguse did get his mind and sanity crushed from using "Unseen Hand". Plus I think he was meant to be hated, I think lmao. :blobsalt:

I can see how he'd be annoying, although I find him kinda funny with the way he wiggles around and stuff hehe :blobpopcorn:

Also doesn't Emilia question Subaru about his motives a lot? Or maybe that was later in the webnovel, I can't remember and I don't wanna accidentally spoil since I'm on the latest arc :blobdizzy:

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many other insane villains that are funny, not annoying, that's why I think author just inserted a generic one without something likeable about him.
    Everyone questions him but not nearly enough, and no one dismisses him as crazy coz she wants to believe and understand him and others covenviently can tell he's telling the truth.
    At least he made sure Belteguese got blown up so he couldn't be resurrected, though it didn't help in this case.

Iruma666 likes this.
  7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    What a nightmare isekai, I'm not sure even after the first death abandoning the quest and going training for 50 years would help make it much easier. Those time loopers who don't have new save points have it easier, though it's more boring obviously and precious memories and bonds get erased.

8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished, I was hooked wanting the next ep while most other new anime I just drop as meh or good but not captivating.

However there are plenty of flaws, like too much screaming and crying and too many damn speeches. Just save the fucking children and innocents and your friends, no need to give a speech over it. It's like shonon in screaming, but Subaru is 18 so technically not a shonen, I get it's very emotional and he's getting trauma after trauma but viewers get screaming after screaming...
    Bishop of Greed Cornelio something is annoying as well, pretty sure he's a rip off character from other anime.

Title...wtf does the author think he made the first isekai? Title has nothing to do with the show, except one romance scene where Rem says it to Subaru. He's not starting from zero coz he has save points nor would he be the first MC who didn't get a bag of coins from the king upon arriving in a new world.
    Subaru's trials were wholesome while Emilia's were ok, second season then dragged a bit.

Overall 7.6/10
    I can't agree with MAL reviewers who either give it 9 or 10 or 6 and lower for haters.

9. All novels god

All novels god Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beatrice is the best

10. why.

why. ✪WHY SUPREMACY✪|❄ [orangeLover]❄

Reading List:
    Link
    yessir rem