Discussion Read or Dump? Against the Gods (ATG)(逆天邪神) by Mars Gravity (火星引力)?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SummerMascot, May 16, 2018.

1. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dump it ATG are so full of shit now mc been death so many time also seperation happen all the time in mar novel

Last but not least lolicon yeah i'm really hate loli i'm fed up with them already now a day i find some original novel that start with mc found loli companion i drop it instantly like baisiwa novel the guy that wrote n1uh keep writing new version of that novel and every damn one of them has to start with loli include the lastest one on qidian

2. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice rant, is that even a question since you only listed all the exaggerated bad aspects?
    It's a xianxia, what do you expect? In fact for a xianxia it's pretty good and even funny sometimes, it's why I'm still reading it even though I dropped dozens of others and am not picking up anything new from this dumpland of novels for almost a year.

Soren59 and omarct like this.
  3. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG doesn't have descriptive sex scenes, its all one or two lines that's all. MC is a serial sex offender from our perspective, but the novel is set in some other time line, author didn't make it clear about the do's and don'ts of the world he created so it's best to sideline your modern view while reading the novel, in this type of novel and all it's repeatedly emphasised that "as long as you have strength you are right even if you are morally wrong" ofc this ain't the only novel where MC is a sex offender. Well, it's formulaic but there are many I know who follow the novel even now, I mean those people kept complaining but they never stopped reading though. Whenever I ask them about the progress of the storyline, they reply 'it's become crappy' but they never stopped reading.

I mean ATG is the most popular novel on NU, it's held that title for a really long time now even without a super speedy release rate, that doesn't indicate whether it's good or bad but it indicates with certainty that it's 'readable'.

4. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Dump. I gave up on it long ago. The start was good though.

6. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, a lot of haters. It's my favorite CN novel. The action keeps on coming without a lot of filler. Also a great harem setup.

7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dump
    I actually didn't like ATG because how the harem is progressed
    Like some people already said, the early part of the novel is the best part

8. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Read until chapter 600-700 or so and after this you can pretty much dump it without remorse.

9. ansxxxx

ansxxxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    may be not very good but not bad either.u can start and drop it if not up to your test.

10. Vali Lucifer

Vali Lucifer [Truth is, the game was rigged from the start]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh i stoped reading it after he returned from the prinson real where his grandfather the demon died. He then went to the all women sect to find his pregnant woman but found out that she is not there anymore and that she was forced to cripple her cultivation. Now the MC is worried (and so am I) that because she is super beautiful, she might raped or something.

The story to that point was very light for me and I enjoyed it. But at this point in the novel it became heavy for me ........ then I also searched for spoilers but found nothing that I was looking for , like :
    Where is she ? When will the MC find her ? WHAT the HEll ?

You know normal questions. But then I found spoiler about some demon princess loli that has a brother complex. From the spoilers i have read , this demon princess loved the MC and her brother (as a man, not just a sibling) , which is another point that made me stop reading.

Another con that made me stop reading is DEATH OF THE MC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or should i say deaths. THis is so bs. I was spoiled that he will "die" a few more times in the novel and everytime everybody will just forget about him and people will just see him as a legend. And when he comes back, everyone thinks its impossible.

Honestly i was planing to push myself and read it because of the harem and romance stuff but those are too far in between. Most of the time the MC is planing how to kill someone and train for about ~ 100 chapters and then spent some time with a woman for 1 or 2 chapters .............

I dont see how everyone thinks that the MC is always with a woman . To the point I have read , there is no such thing

11. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say read. It overuses some tropes like dead/missing MC and there are a few cringeworthy parts but overall it's one of the most entertaing xianxia/xuanhuan novels, which is why I'm still reading it despite having dropped most of the CNs I pick up. Ascending to Realm of the Gods also freshened it up.

It gets more hate than it deserves because of how popular it is IMO. In reality it's still better than most CNs you'll find.

Just read it for entertainment and don't question or think too deeply about the logic the author uses and it is fine.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  12. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Ultra-long Waifu separation trope is common in Xianxia novels. (example 1000 ~ 1500 chapters worth of separation for MC and Waifu Youyou in Peerless Martial God (PMG)).
    2. MC death trope is common in Xianxia novel also. (example MC in PMG "died" multiple times, 1st time: he went demon-mode, 2nd time: he was exiled into some void zone, 3rd time: he was swallowed by the "waters leading to the underworld", 4th time: he was burnt to death by some Sacred Fire Temple Sage, 5th time: his inner world was punctured and etc)
    3. Only irritating thing in ATG, is that Mars-Gravity shifted the POV from MC to side characters for 50+ chapters whenever MC dies?
    4. MC is always with a woman even when the chapter doesn't mention that there's a woman. Because said woman(women?) is(are) always in stealthmode, stalking MC.

Agreed, according to many readers from China, they commented it's brainless, guilty pleasure.

13. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i pretty much enjoyed the early chapter (i read more than 700 chapter tho). The story is interesting. But dammmmn every fucking time an arc ends, poof YC will disappear to god know where (either he is dead or banished somewhere). And some chapter later his enemies realize YC is gone and will take revenge to his dearest one. And at the last minute mc appear and kick some ass. Repeat

14. brandwyn

brandwyn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was my introduction to the web novel scene. I read it like crazy until I caught up with the translation around chapter 500 something. Then I realized how repetitive it was when the same thing happened about five chapters in a row and I dropped it.