LCD Reader

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    In korean and Chinese games specifically the vr genre pots are expensive so normal people only buy a few, while rich players dont need the japtem because they'll just buy the gold with real life money

2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm haven't played any Chinese games but I've played a few Korean ones. They're definitely more expensive but there's not much difference between buying a few between runs between towns and buying 1000 for the future. It's still the same price. The OCD cost-efficiency players will literally buy a truck-load of low-level pots and keep taking them between respawns.

If you're bringing in real life money then the title stuff becomes even easier. Someone will offer to sell off the information for the easy title and eventually the information would spread to everyone. It's definitely easier to sell 500 items than leveling up once.

The title is just too easy to get for the amount of stat it gives. 10 stats for something literally anyone can do at level 10 compared to soloing a field boss which would normally be impossible to do at level 10. Probably not even viable at level 30.

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Competitive gamers specially those trying to be no. 1 hog all the information, specifically rankers and guilds, knowledge is power, only poor subpar gamers try to sell those but they never actually get in contact with worthwhile information and even if they do they pass it off as unimportant. Unless its a know-it-all guild that has experts at gathering knowledge/gossips in the game but so far there is no such guild.

Edit: mc's friend might be the one that starts it, hence the guild name reader also mc practically conquered two libraries and counting.

4. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine that the title is rare enough to not be common knowledge and that those who have found it would not want to share it if they are rankers as it can help their competition

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad I revived the discussion with this title talk.
    Maybe for important or limited things but this title is simply too easy to accidentally get. Sure competitive gamers would try not to actively spread the information but it's not hard enough to get that people wouldn't accidentally get it like the MC did. He accidentally got it and he's not a competitive gamer at all. So clearly random gamers would find this title too and a lot of them like to boast so it goes public. Even if they're a bit smarter they'd sell the information to high level players who are finding it more difficult to level up. Or they could even sell it to a guild. Then they'd keep selling it because it's easy money.

It's ridiculous for any MMO not to have grinding and grinding means lots of loot (and japtem). You're talking about selling lots of items as if it's something only competitive gamers would do.

I also think that's what the author is trying to imply because they said it it's public knowledge yet but it's unrealistic if they expect nobody else to encounter it. People try to do random stuff as soon as they hear words like achievement, title, secret. That's not even including the people who would unlock this title by accident.

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine it's a case of people not grinding that long and the people who got the title hiding it. Normally they'll have to split the loot with their party and then someone will get bored after grinding for a few hours and want to go back to town.

canaria23 likes this.
  7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, more since its super realistic and the gamers minds gets tired easily.
    Edit: also most gamers thinks that trying everything to get a title is a waste of time when you might not even get one, while you could grind for more exp.

8. sinisterr

sinisterr New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asada translations have also released a new novel, "Graduated from Witchcraft Institute". It's a fantasy, comedy and adventure novel I think ya'll should check it out

canaria23 likes this.
  9. A8nton

A8nton New Member

Reading List:
    Link

Possible reasons why:
    1. I think the another reason why it's not public knowledge is, that the game still isn't that old (3-4 months?). Which means that "major" grinding still hasn't begun. Drops from other monsters might also get so rare that you don't get 500 until you move to another zone (MC needs 5x more, stayed long and only has ~1000)
    2. You sell items quick to buy new equipment regularly and it looks like ~100 pelts are already worth a good piece of equipment (and they are grouped monsters). Drops from other monsters might also be rare so that you don't get 500 until you move to another zone (MC needs 5x more, stayed long and only has 200)
    3. Another factor is that most random parties split loot, even before selling. Mostly permanent and guild parties don'T do that and they are more secretive.
    4. We haven't really learned anything about the log out mechanic, but if log outs at "Safe Zones" are required we could have the situation where everyone goes back to a town/camp regularly. Of yourse you'd sell your drops, you're already there so why not? And because literally nobody else can one shot monsters in their leveling zone for hours while having no competition for monsters, it's unlikely for any player to get 500 of anything within a single day.
    Yes, there could still be "that random player", but it's more likely that he tries to sells the information first.

Korleone likes this.
  10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have a link to the manhua?:aww:

11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    userunfriendly likes this.
  12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm so I’m at chapter 24 when the MC decided to choose his job, but it seems it’s not the one called Descendants of Medusa's Shrine (mentioned in chapter 14)?

14. enkiros

enkiros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was slightly confused by that as well, I'm still not sure if they're different or not but at least, up to chapter 39, it doesn't matter. In fact, I had forgotten already since it wasn't mentioned again.

And well, The novel is just kinda bland until we hit these last few chapters where the MC starts to feel like an actual protagonist. It's definitely several more times more interesting now

15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its archmage's descendant now, i think.

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the name change? Was there an update by the translators?:eek:

nod, nod.

I’m hoping he buys the required items to unlock Hellfire...:ROFLMAO:

WHOOSH!!!

Player: Dafuq!
    Player2: What ranker is hunting BEARS with Hellfire?!

MC: I’m level 18...:rolleyes:

17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    It was medusa to odin then archmage

enkiros and userunfriendly like this.
  18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Um...raws?:p

Anyone know where I can download?:aww:

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

The special job was originally named ‘Odin’s Descendant’ because I didn’t know the exact context of the job. But it’ll be called Arch Mage’s Descendant from now on. ~MagicFishCat

*nod, nod*:p

20. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    The current translator is much better at standardizing things than the previous one so hopefully this kind of problem doesn't happen again. The release rate is also improving a lot.