LCD Reader

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The reason why those two salarymen are about to lose it...a full Archmage gets the Astral Library!

Which gives the MC access to ALL the books in the game!!! Doesn’t this mean at the very least, the MC can gain the quest books for ALL UNDISCOVERED SECRET QUESTS?!?!?!

Ok, even for books in public locations, a player has to fulfill qualifications to get the quest, before the quest can be seen! But the MC, once he gets the Astral library, can just pick up all the secret quests that have not been taken, that he qualifies for! Also, he’ll immediately get access to books hidden deep in dungeons, that have yet to be raided, and in undiscovered secret locations!

:blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: In case the MC hasn’t figured it out yet, he can get ALL the elements.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is the whole point of the novel. MC aims to access that library. Then he realises he has to get to level 900 and complete all the other class quests. So he now has to properly play the game by levelling, getting stronger and basically be the best player in the game.

Korleone and userunfriendly like this.
  3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously the MC knows that. However, he can only become an Archmage and get all the elements at like level 1000 or something. At that point who cares about all the quests and such that he can do?

userunfriendly likes this.
  4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of the hundreds of secret quests , how many will the players discover? 60%? 80%? That’s fine, but if ONE player monopolizes the remaining 40-20%, that’s still too much.:eek::eek::eek:

5. Digital Gent

Digital Gent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just binged all of the available chapters. Man, Korean novels with Stats and such really are a guilty pleasure of mine. And yeah, the translation of his class going from Medusa to Odin to Archmage was really somethin' huh. New translator definitely seems to be a bit better translating general stuff overall, although that may just go to show you how hard it is to translate certain words and phrases from one language to another.

Oh and yeah, his class really is something else. Pretty much gets his own pocket dimension to hang out in and can teleport to places he's already been to, and is capable of making use of every single element compared to other players who seem to only max out on 3. That Astral Library is pretty cool as well, but it has like 5 crazy conditions to enter, with the first being to unlock all the elements which means he has to reach freakin' level 900 for the last element. Definitely curious to see what the 4 conditions after that, and what's in the library.

Wonder which element he'll unlock next (personally guessing Poison due to getting helped out by the Poison Spire guy, and than Healing to restore all the health he'll have due to him focusing on Vitality/Stamina with his level up stats), and if he'll really steal all the element specific perks from all the towers like he did with the Poison one.

userunfriendly and Korleone like this.
  6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    But does anyone have a link to raws?:cry:

Just in case...:blobfearful:

7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The 1st condition is the conquer the newbie village Library(whatever its name is), then go to mathab and become a mage then read the book at library

8. Digital Gent

Digital Gent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, those are the conditions for the class itself. The Astral Library itself has five different ones representing chains on the door. Here's two snippets from the 25th Chapter (spoilered to hide the text):

"And if the first condition is level 900……”

The first condition was this difficult. But the Astral Library required him to fulfil five of them. Although he didn’t know exactly how hard the final four were, he could guess that it was at least on par with the first condition.

---

The first thing Soo Hyuk saw after coming through the tunnel, was a giant door. A giant door locked with five giant chains.

“That should be the Astral Library.”

It was definitely the Astral Library.

“So, every time you fulfil a requirement, a chain disappears.”

The amount of chains matched the number of requirements. After admiring the giant door for a while, he turned towards the left.

Korleone and canaria23 like this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Darn, he didn’t get inferno. :p

But it looks like he done good.:D

I’m hoping he gets firestorm soon.:blobfearful:

10. ManicFishCat

ManicFishCat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing it's a freebie title. Some games have really good items or perks that you can get for almost no effort when you're just starting out, although I'm guessing because of the nature of the Pangea VRMMO people don't usually stock up items and people keep it secret if they did get it before.

11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I even got the translator to comment! Welcome to NUF!

Thanks for translating!

Ahh, the Wisdom gain from books is level-based. Since he was still getting them every book at level 10 and now he's around 1/2 at level 18 we can probably assume it scales close to linearly. So level 100 users who spend time and seriously read will only get it 1/10 of the time. So his wisdom growth will decrease in the future but he's already hit a high enough wisdom that the comparative gains were probably already diminishing pretty quickly. Free stats are always good though.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    But the original throwaway line from the earlier chapter still applies. Far more efficient to use bonus points from leveling up to boost wisdom.

I’m guessing that the stamina quest will take care of stamina issues, and he’ll start putting points into wisdom soon.

A true KR grinding novel would have the MC stay that year to read all the books...by which time, he’d be hopelessly behind, except the new players.:ROFLMAO:

Of course he’s gonna tell his bud...then someone will blab, and soon everyone knows. Sure the guilds will TRY to monopolize titles...but they’ll fail.;)

Welcome, we love this novel! :D

13. ManicFishCat

ManicFishCat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be pretty active to answer any questions or discuss any bits that aren't clear.

laziest and userunfriendly like this.
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    (y)

ps: Reader is the only novel on my reading list (I prefer bookmarks) and I just wrote you a nice review. We love this novel.;)

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have a request. Is there free available raws? I like reading ahead, and due to the horrible, horrible nature of KR mtl, you needn’t worry about me dropping your translation. :p:D

Btw...I am editor of One Man Army and King of the Battlefield. I can do second proofreading, after your editor is done to catch :facepalm: mistakes, or TEMPORARY substitute for you editor in case of RL issues.;) Obviously I have experience editing and proofreading KR novels.:rolleyes:

Edit: I just realized. When he got the mage job, he got magic resistance, right? Why didn’t that kick in when he got hit with that electro ball? Considering his wisdom stat, it should be unbelievablely high.

“[Your magic resistance will increase along with your wisdom.]“

btw: Electro ball sounds bad. I’d recommend “ball lightning” which is in fact a real life phenomenon. :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  16. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm assuming his magic resistance was the reason he a lv 10 wasn't oneshot by the attack from a lv 200+ guy.

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    He was over 200? :eek: I will read again.:p

18. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    it was mentioned in chapter 31,
    "
    “Why did I brag?”

When he was on lunch break at his company with his colleagues, the topic turned into Pangea. Adilo was currently over level 200. Since the topic was about Pangea, he had bragged about his progress, and the CEO’s son took interest in the conversation."

19. ManicFishCat

ManicFishCat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Your magic defence increases with wisdom and you know how much he has.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  20. ManicFishCat

ManicFishCat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to keep electro ball for three reasons.

One: The raws literally said el-ec-tro ball.

Two: I'm getting uncomfortable with the amount of term changes there's been.

Three: I don't want to edit past chapters.

I think there's been at least 6 term changes so far?