Feature Request Reading List Update Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by blackhawkrider, Jul 4, 2018.

1. blackhawkrider

blackhawkrider Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the new updates that is occurring in NU. I think it would be awesome if you could also add in a functionality to auto mark as read when selecting the hyperlinks under "Latest Release". I find it a bit tedious to continuously having to select the book icon and then selecting the refresh icon.

criticalmind and MangoGuy like this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Seconded

Ddraig and blackhawkrider like this.
  3. SaltatorMortis

SaltatorMortis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    already implemented....
    Click the link under the book... and voila the clicked chapter is set Read and it even closes the List if you open the latest chapter in a Tab.
    yeah but i would too like if i could MMB the book to open the next unread chapter in a new Tab---

edit:
    made more sense

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooo bc it only marks the chapter you click as read right? I don’t want it autochecking to the latest chapter unless I want it to. What if I’m catching up and 100 chapters behind and only read 50?

I open as tab to avoid the autocheck feature.

5. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly what I came here to post. A "mark all as read" button might help as well

6. blackhawkrider

blackhawkrider Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already know about that. However, most books usually update with a single chapter. I don't really want to go through extra steps to simply mark the chapter as read by selecting the refresh button under the book icon or the one next to it. It makes sense to use the book option in a scenario where multiple chapters been uploaded but not for when a single chapter is uploaded.

This feature can also be made optional underneath the global settings right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2018
    Nom de Plume likes this.
  7. SaltatorMortis

SaltatorMortis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    huh i dont get the problem
    if you use the "old layout" you can come down to two clicks.(witch is still available by the Way) Link to new Tab->Book
    and the new layout uses too two clicks.. but a little slower, because of the additional pageload. Book -> Link to new Tab

a one click solution is too error prone, like the old one there where many complaints about misclicks

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Nom de Plume likes this.