Reading MTL is like

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PurpleClone4, Apr 24, 2018.

1. PurpleClone4

PurpleClone4 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A funny excerpt from a story I was reading. It reminded me of MTLs
    Heifeng Jiansui had built a peerless foundation in the literary arts of reading and writing through the countless years. Be it writing poems and fiction or manuals and scriptures, he had reached the apex in them. Even his calligraphy technique was peerless.

Reading this book was like a tribulation for his literary foundation! It was trying to utterly destroy his understanding. Heifeng Jiansui would need to revise his literature basics like grammar foundations for a few years to maintain his level of literacy!

But for better or worse, Heifeng Jiansui could be said to be a connoisseur of books. While others would have given up and laid their heads down in their laps due to how ridiculously bad this book was, Heifeng Jiansui kept on reading for the same reason. Just how worse could this book get? If this book was this trashy, just how far down would the other eight books go? This rabbit-hole, just how far down did it go?

His literary foundation suffered a tribulation from this, but perhaps it was good fortune in a way. Having seen the absolute bottom of literature, he could now fly high to the apex. He would certainly drag Nineorigin with him and teach her language from the beginning. Be it basic grammar, writing techniques and manual creation arts, he would drive them all until it penetrated her thick skin even if it killed him!

Meanwhile, Nineorigin looked at her disciple with an amazed expression. The books had taken less than a decade to complete, so Nineorigin left it her Scripture Halls for a long time. All this while, not one of the sect disciples had dared touch it. While they were intrigued by the fact that it was the Sect Master’s only writing, the first page was enough to induce hallucinations and epilepsies in the best of them. A disciple forcibly completed the first chapter and ended up losing all ability to read and write in exchange for an unsurpassed ability to comprehend the Fire Supreme Dao!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Emmyy, Land of The Fallen and Lil K.O like this.
  2. Fik

Fik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, time to drink some drug for migrain with coca cola

Lil K.O likes this.
  3. Phreasilva

Phreasilva Gluttonous Prick that doesn't get Fat

Reading List:
    Link
    Your post is very bright its making my eyes bleed and that's Sword immortal's rebirth!

amilhs likes this.
  4. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    oOh.

I write this novel.

I also read MTL.

oOh.

I will continue MTL.

As for writing this novel, uh...

Slayerwolfx2 and Phreasilva like this.
  5. Authn

Authn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the problem with MTLs is not the fact that it's... well, machine-translated (which is only part of the problem), but rather the lack of any editing. And the "translators" not even knowing the language they're "translating" to doesn't help it either.

Phreasilva likes this.
  6. Phreasilva

Reading List:
    Link
    Brother! don't be a stiff stick!!! be like water! go with the flow! in short, do what you wanna do!!!

AardwarkThe2nd likes this.
  7. tef0

tef0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be able to enjoy MTL if they just looked over it and fixed tiny mistakes.

Instead of “the weather was as before sunny” correcting it to “the weather was as sunny as before”

It really rustles my jimmies

8. JLIX19

JLIX19 『Harem Sect Elder』

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL was never my problem because my brain already got used to it. In the end if you keep reading MTL your brain will also get used to it. Also unlike HTL, MTL literally translates everything so it can't notice the differences. It might also depends on which machine translation you are using. GT is good at making sentences better but it takes time to translate. Systran is just like GT but not good at making sentences better, but faster at translating. I don't know about the other machine translations because I never use it. In the end, it depends on your personal preference, if you want to read HTL, read it then. If you want MTL, read it. No one is stopping you.

As for @tef0's comment, no one has such a lot of time to edit such mistakes of the machine translation if it can be understand. It's like telling the machine translation to why the MTL use her instead of him. The character is a boy. Note: MTL doesn't know how to differentiate between male and female character. So maybe try just fixing it in your brain if you know the character is a male, then the her will become him.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    bbctheory84 likes this.
  9. tef0

tef0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @JLIX19 It's just annoying to have to read the same sentence 6 times because the MTL makes it seem like the author is writing in riddles.

Also fucking commas are everywhere quite a few sentences are literally unreadable because of them.

10. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    scien.png
    You lose more brain cell than using drugs if you read MTL!

11. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Frm som1 who hs bin cald a livin MTL.. I rly njoyd tht..
    Seriously, when I bought pricey business pkg translation software and still couldnt read it I feared for my sanity... When I contacted support he said 'well its all about the word boundaries..went into lengthy explanation.. We are working on it' he reads off his prompt.. feeling a little ripped off I continued to read my raw Barry Jurisdiction aka Bali Jui ,flung Soviet Union aka- god knows who- in ground...haha

12. Phreasilva

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually those who survived MTL have solid foundation in their Dao... well, unfortunately there's only a little amount of them...