Discussion Reading Rut

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shizukani, Aug 21, 2020.

?

Do you experience this too?

1. Yes, a lot.

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Not at all.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Sometimes.

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  4. Rarely.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading rut, I just can't engage myself into any story I read. No matter how great it is... I hate when this happens, and it happens a lot nowadays.

What do you do when you're on a reading rut?

l keep trying to start and read a new novel, or maybe comeback to some novels that I left while waiting for more chapters to pile up. But I end up always stopping a few chapters in.

It's not bad or anything, but I just find myself dazed and distracted everytime.

And now, instead of reading my usual novel I'm here in the forums being distracted again. Maybe you guys can share some ways on getting ovet this rut. :blobcry: Why does this keep happening I wonder? Maybe it's the famous 7 year itch? *gasps* Noooo but I don't want to break up! :blob_teary:

Anyway, please discuss this with me! :blobupset:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Youtube and games. Honestly just do someting else for a while. Then look for a new series. Finally after half a year you'll go back to one of your old novels, read a few chapters, and get back on that reading rut.

Coffea to Ell, .Lance and Shizukani like this.
  3. .Lance

.Lance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This happens to me whenever I get too obsessed, but it usually goes away after doing something else for a few days.

Shizukani likes this.
  4. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I did that too... and seriously? Half a year?? Who knows if the world won't end by then! And I won't get to read the endings and I'll forget everything and I won't be the same person anymore :blob_teary:

risamalefica.TT-TT, Ha-Ha and .Lance like this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I operate on the cycle of four hobbies. Reading, games, Japanese study (ie streamers), and programming. Usually when I can't find anything that I want to read, I just slow down on the reading, and practice my other interests. I haven't spent a lot of time reading this week since I've been neck deep in Nijisanji content.

6. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    throw myself in to work, play video games (which also seem to go in to that rut too) or just try to find something that changes up that feeling or mind set.

Shizukani likes this.
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    bored.png
    read some action, bored~
    no mood to read romance~
    most dragonball aka cultivation story meh bored~
    military meh only fragment of military section~
    some raw, meh still waiting update~
    comedy meh hit and miss~
    tragedy? dood current situation is bad enuf no mood read heavy tearjerk story~
    just re read one or two old one~
    wanna re read wuxia from spcv net? but too heavy mind~ there also two dragon but nah later~
    heck not even on mood to read ero novel~

lately building space empire on starsector(again), play super robot wars og on gba emulator, fire emblem, harvest moon just marry with cliff but too lazy to continue, play some ero rpgm game, browsing anime on muse asia, bothering pet cats, hah~

How about burning nuf?
    hehehe kyubei.png

8. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the novel.
    If I read something that hasn't posted in 2 weeks, and I can still remember most of the plot, it's staying.
    If I read something posted daily, and I can't remember a goddamn thing, it's off the list.
    If I read something and I just keep subconsciously scrolling, and the chapter ends without me realizing I was reading, it's extremely off the list.

Shizukani, .Lance and Ha-Ha like this.
  9. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Switch between hobbies. Reading too much of the same stuff can cause you to burn out and lose interest even in good stories. I used to read novels and manga everyday until one day I stopped reading anything altogether for almost a year.

Coffea to Ell, Shizukani and .Lance like this.
  10. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    The circle of life~~~!
    Half a year is on the longer end

Shizukani and .Lance like this.
  11. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exercise is quite useful to clear up a bit your mind. Especially between studying sessions, after a rough day at work, or when you are particularly stressed.

Nothing beats having Seven Nation Army blasting through your eardrums while you are running till your legs give out.

Coffea to Ell and Shizukani like this.
  12. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry when I'm not reading I'm working or playing games so......never had that problem.....actually my biggest problem is running out of things to read.

Shizukani likes this.
  13. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens to me too , I had just left reading novels altogether after being on a run of reading and mtling novels for 2 years...i left readinb for past 7or 8 months, only read manwhas then and watched drama and yt , I am back on reading since a month ago but the enthusiasm has faded and I'm picky on what to read and what not to, still into the same genre of reading though heh

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Fulminata and Shizukani like this.
  14. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who likes to stockpile, i usually wait for a novel to end, for an anime season to be complete, or for manga chapters to stockpile at least 10 ch.

I will finish a novel, then finish 1-2 anime season, in between, i will read mangas that have at least 10 unread chapters.

Then there is my long term novel, bringing farm to another world. I normally wait for around 2-300 chapters to be stockpiled before i read it all at once, if halfway through, the arc ends, then i will take that as a reset, and wait from that ch on to stockpile another 2-300 chps.

Shizukani likes this.
  15. risamalefica.TT-TT

risamalefica.TT-TT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read a different style.
    Terror, cultivation, persecution, revenge, action, detective, depressive, one-shoots, yaoi, yuri, gender, bender, tales ...