Discussion Real life is dumber than fiction, I'm completely convinced

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fandoms for Boruto, My hero, Demon slayer etc are wayy overtop for absolutely terrible stories, the Stan's make videos, tik toks etc worshipping the trash.

Although no anime is perfect but seriously Demon slayer has a rip off Micheal Jackson as the main villain, that alone trashes the story.

But when you look at Donald trump (not even American but he's a good example) with a cult like following despite his numerous crimes.

Tik tokers doing some of the stupidest things possible as grown adults.

Tv stations plain contradicting themselves.

And again not just in America, politicians all over the world lie repeatedly, get caught in their lies but still get voted in again by the same people complaining about them.

Put these all into novels and people would complain that it's unrealistic and makes no sense.

It continues to baffle me whenever I think of all the stupidity going on in the world.

Eat_Angst and AnneGriffin like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But what happens in reality is often verifiable, hence one has no choice but to believe. Most fiction (the absurd and postmodernist excluded), on the other hand, must rely on internal consistency (not discounting imagination, but willing suspension of disbelief can only be pushed so far without grounding in solid, demonstrable proof) to appeal to the sensible side of man since man's mind, when it does not engage with the vagaries of life, is conditioned, structured, evolved and adapted to think logically, to make sense.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    asriu, Baldingere and Eat_Angst like this.
  3. Deleted member 456425

Deleted member 456425 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Some fandoms in real life reminds me of those fictional fandoms in entertainment novels by how crazed they could be.

Eat_Angst likes this.
  4. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to talk politics so I'll just say this. Human stupidity is infinite, as long as we exist so shall stupid people. We are also tribal, people take sides to an insane level.

Baldingere and Eat_Angst like this.
  5. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea where this is coming from big dog but go off I guess?

6. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree but not exactly because of your reason alone

7. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fandoms are dumb. Why can't people just read something or watch something without going completely crazy? I read Kimetsu No Yaiba and My Hero Academia a few years ago and ended up dropping them, but they were okay. Fandom culture is so odd and weird. I see people fighting over their favorite anime and everytime I see that, it's just like...why? Why can't you quietly read something, maybe write a review or have a discussion about it and NOT become so obsessed with it? This is why manga and anime have a bad rep.

This goes for people who cosplay too. So weird.

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    People are bored. Their lives are utterly dull. Study, work, marry, bring up children, die. So our masters distract us with entertainment and religion. Teen girls obsess over hot male idols, adult men obsess over sports stars, and everyone has options to find their interest and be enthusiastic about it. Let anime fandoms be. Politicians on the other hand... People who worship politicians have a screw loose in my opinion.