Real world games like the Satisfy from Overgeared or Royal road from LMS or others

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by duffer919, Nov 10, 2019.

1. duffer919

duffer919 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I wanted to discuss if there are any real mmorpg games out there like Satisfy from Overgeared , Royal road from Legendary Moonlight Sculptor or even that game from Emperor of solo play. I know we currently do not have that immersive VR technology yet but the other factors like the ability to talk and interact with npc's like real peaple or the ability to influence the whole game world storyline and mainly the ability to find special hidden classes or make your own weapon like in The King's Avatar.
    I know of World of Warcraft and haven't played it yet but I do know that it is not what I want.
    So do you guys think if there are any such games out there with such features of even close to them?

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    If there is such a game, please, I am still waiting.

3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard, but not impossible. There would be a lot of irregularities and hard to maintain of balancing the game between other players, This wouldn't be such a simple project and become a booming for sure if there's such a game.

asriu and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  4. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is.. though it's.. :censored:

an 18 wheeler to take you to the great isekai in the sky

TheRetroGamer, duffer919 and Maliza like this.
  5. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, that would be hella hard to balance. I guess the closest thing that *might* have something like that when released is Book of Travels? It's still in the kickstarter stage and is what they've come to call a "tiny multiplayer online", in that you'll mostly explore solo and there are very few other player characters on the server, and it's PvE from what I've seen so far. Something like that could allow for hidden classes, but... massive multiplayers, unlikely, they grow harder to balance the more classes there are after all.

What abous singleplayer games with hidden classes? There should be some of those at least, right?

6. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cool: ...the blue pill?... :confused:

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hah~ make your own weapon is hard endgame stuff ya know~ just time for research stuff is... fun for me but maybe hell for programmer~
    hidden class....... nope...........

just ability to collapse entire stage is enuf for me

8. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Sims
    Second life

9. duffer919

duffer919 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heard about second life before. Never played it though. What's so special about it?

10. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z43mwj/why-is-second-life-still-a-thing-gaming-virtual-reality

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long story short? No, there isn't.

MMORPGs are all by and large extremely simple games at heart. You're not going to find super advanced NPCs, hidden secrets to discover that are unique to one person, or even just player-driven stories. No. You're going to find main storylines that every person experiences the same way, countless tedious fetch/kill quests, class systems that look more complex than they really are, shallow gameplay mechanics and, overall, a lot more breadth than depth. In fact, these systems have pretty much stalled out since the early 2000s, with extremely limited progress in terms of what you can expect from new MMOs. At best, graphics continue to improve.

That said, while they may not live up to the imagination of an author, our current MMOs are still very much worth playing. You just shouldn't go into them expecting something so grand.

12. TraderLife

TraderLife Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, there's nothing like that
    And there's never will be something like that in near future.
    Just play it in your imagination.
    Well unless you're super rich and play games with a supercomputer or the like.
    Assuming they exist, why don't you think how you can put all that stuff and make it running in current home pc? Imagining it is easy, making it happen? Not so likely.

Add:And judging by current trend it's even more impossible, yeah all that stuff and you play it auto, auto grind, auto quest, skipping story, meh none cares to make that grand stuff.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  13. detectiv3

detectiv3 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kakao released their game Moonlight Sculptor but it only has Korean language and the game was still far from the actual novel itself. But I can give you a good news me and my friends are working on a game where you can craft your own item like The kings avatar. No matter if its a wooden stick you can upgrade it to become stronger. The weapon cant transform tho. There's a hidden class available for the first 20-50persons we still don't know which or what class to be hidden tho for now. This game will be a 100% f2p all materials weapon etc you can get it all in the game no exp boost or something. But you only have 1life everyweek you die either you buy life using real mone or wait for nextweek to be revive. we're still brainstorming about it. Expect it to be release 1~2years from now.

duffer919 likes this.
  14. duffer919

duffer919 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome...Do keep us vrmmorpg readers here updated on the game. (y)

15. Maliza

Maliza Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read any of these besides Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, but even that one I only fuzzily recall. It's better and more realistic to see this VRMMO novels as isekai novels instead. The game's world the main character enters is so realistic it might as well be a parallel fantasy world. For such a game's creation to be feasible in our world, we must be technologically advance enough to simulate virtual worlds comparable to our own reality. If we ever reach that point, we'll probably be akin to gods.

Influencing the entire storyline by your decisions in a MMO is impossible. There are MMOs such as World of Warcraft where picking different factions/races will define your background/starting location/starting quests, but it's mostly flavor quest text and as you get to higher levels the quests will be less and less related to your character.

I'd rather recommend RPGs with choices, multiple paths or lots of freedom such as Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 & Mask of the Betrayer, Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Age of Decadence, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect,
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Overlord, Fable, the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, the Witcher, Persona,
    Some lesser well-known ones: Devil Survivor 1 & 2, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Soul Nomad & the World Eaters.
    There are interactive "movie" games such as those made by Telltale, Life is Strange etc.
    There are many visual novels (Danganropa, Zero Escape) where your choices determine your relationship with other characters, the storyline or the path you follow.
    There are CYOA (fully text) games such as those published by Hosted Games or Choice of Games. Obviously it depends on the game, but because they are only text, your choices are way more influential.

In all the games I mentioned, at minimum, your choices will affect some aspect of the ending of the storyline and how NPCs react/respond to you during it. At maximum, your choices or path may determine if you make or mentally break NPCs, are the messiah or destroyer of the universe and if you are fighting typically evil villains throughout the entire game or are the villain and are burning down cities yourself for the lols (example, Soul Nomad's normal vs evil path).
    Some of these, such as Dragon Age, have hidden classes which you may unlock and switch to during your playthrough or after, in a new game. Others, such as Baldur's Gate, have a very complex class or leveling system, which makes it possible to create very unique characters. Some like Fallout or Skyrim allow you to create unique weapons with unique enhancements through an in-game system, which you can expand through mods.
    The writing in most is excellent and the world really comes alive be it from the descriptions you read, the NPCs dialogue or even words your high-charisma character may say.

If you'd still rather play a MMO, I'm not very well-versed in them, but based on what you are searching for I'd recommend:
    *Mabinogi because of the skills system and general playstyle freedom it allows.
    *World of Warcraft, your choices don't influence the storyline, and even though most races/classes aren't hidden, some must be unlocked by having another character high-level enough. The classes are fairly unique and the skills/spells progression allows you freedom to create a specialized build.
    *Elder Scrolls Online, same reason I recommend other Elder Scrolls titles.
    *Guild Wars 2.
    *Final Fantasy XIV, good crafting system.
    *Tree of Savior, "hidden" classes.
    *Path of Exile, some "hidden" stuff and lots of skills progression.
    *Darkfall, sandbox MMO.
    *Mortals Online, crafting.
    *Wurm Online, crafting.
    *Project Gorgon, sandbox.
    Basically, search for MMOs with lots of freedom, sandbox or good crafting systems.

However, I still recommend single payer games. No matter how much freedom any MMO allows or good its crafting system is, you'll probably be wasting an absurd amount of time grinding for little reward. Their freedom and your choices are nothing compared to what any decent offline RPG has to offer. It's probably more likely that you'll get isekaied rather than a good VRMMO with lots of freedom and good content truly comparable to these novels be created in our world during the time period we, or anyone from this millennium most likely, are alive.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  16. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure there'll be something like that in the coming years but right now there's a lot of games that offers some kind features/systems like those and it's been suggested by the person above me(@Maliza ). It is as he said.

17. MANIAC_Reader

MANIAC_Reader New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible for me to get someway to contact you??

18. Khaos-Thanathan

Khaos-Thanathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't have stuff like that in reality. To be honest, while these games may be awesome in novels, in real life, these games would be utter failures due to all different kinds of issues (balancing, legal problems, etc.).

The MMORPG genre itself is also massively devolving. I don't think that there will be any truly awesome releases in the coming years and especially not something that's akin to the novels you've mentioned.