Recommendations Reaper

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Viola, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys.

So i just finished rushing through about 4 Audiobooks at break next speed and i am in need of new reading material.

I am looking for a book about a Reaper. When i say Reaper i don't mean the nickname the badass Special Forces Operater gets cause he is such a badass with his badassery.
    I mean a more literal Reaper. Someone or something that is a reaper of Souls. Kills people when it is their time or ferries their souls on to whatever comes next.

I'd like the book to have the main focus on this concept. Not just the MC meeting the Reaper and on to the next thing.
    Doesn't have to be strictly fantasy but id like something in this vein.
    It can be Audio, English Original, Published, Translated, really anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B00CJB9R84/ref=dp_st_0060855924

Wikipedia:

"Death has appeared in every Discworld novel, with the exception of The Wee Free Men and Snuff, and had a possible cameo at the end of Johnny and the Dead (the character was not identified, but spoke in unquoted small caps). The Discworld books with Death as a leading character, starting with Mort in 1987, are:

• Mort – 1987
    • Reaper Man – 1991
    • Soul Music – 1994
    • Hogfather – 1996
    • Thief of Time – 2001"

3. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot remember any books which I have read featuring the Grim Reaper except "Discworld" (highly recommended) but you could try Goodreads they have several Grim reaper lists like.
    https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/grim-reaper

Most of what I can think of are anime and TV shows like "Dead like me" :(

It is not what you are after but there is a character in P S Powers Infected series who has the power to be involuntarily transported to where someone is about to die replacing that person. He has no powers and is only an overweight normal person so thing do not go well for him.:rolleyes: