Spoiler Rebirth: Degenerate Slave Abuses Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Anuska, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil this "Rebirth: Degenerate Slave Abuses Tyrant" plz.. its really great novel!!
    Pokes @alexfilia

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Blood A and Aster Anemone like this.
  2. Aster Anemone

Aster Anemone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Anuska likes this.
  3. Chainz366

Chainz366 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why Long Xuan came back for the mc in the first chapter? Wasn’t he discarded by him?

Anuska likes this.
  4. lyn

lyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. this novel is tagged as tragedy. I wanna know if this will have a BE?

Britney123 and Anuska like this.
  5. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard its not BE but bittersweet ending! Considering his past I'll count that as happy ending

6. solowars

solowars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read like 50 chapters of this or so but some general spoilers:

Luo Wei (MC) DOES NOT end up with the Emperor (Long Xuan) after his rebirth. In fact, after all the suffering at the hands of the Emperor in his previous life, he no longer feels anything but hate for him. The main CP is instead Luo Wei and Wei Lan, who was a discarded guard/prostitute of a martial arts sect who later got picked up by Luo Wei. Wei Lan decided to stick with Luo Wei because he treated Wei Lan like a human instead of an object, and becomes a guard at his estate. There's no abuse between them, they're devoted to each other, and their relationship is very peaceful.

We're told that Long Xuan, the Emperor in his previous life, came back to see Luo Wei because he loved him. But Luo Wei was just a fat, untalented, spoiled kid who kept following Long Xuan around, so Long Xuan also hated him. Because he both loved and hated him, and both very intensely, he wanted to destroy Luo Wei, and did so very successfully by 10 years of rape and torture. I have zero sympathy for this guy, because Luo Wei in his previous life was just an annoying kid who was incredibly useful to Long Xuan's bid for the throne, and I don't even get why Long Xuan loved Luo Wei back then because he had zero merits then. I guess it was kind of a "he loves me so he's mine" kind of obsessive love, but he didn't even torture Luo Wei personally, just threw him to the palace guards and later sold him to a whorehouse (and didn't care about him for 10 years). Later, when he realised Luo Wei no longer loved him and he only saw hate in Luo Wei's eyes, he personally digs out one of his eyeballs. I just can't get this guy... I think the author tries to explain his actions and make him seem human but... IMO he's just crazy, nothing justifies why he did all that to Luo Wei.

Edited to add that Luo Wei is actually the half-brother of Long Xuan (same father, the Emperor), but neither of them knew in his previous life. Long Xuan claims to love Luo Wei in this current life as well, but so far he's unaware of Luo Wei's real identity.

Sorry, major edit here: the HE I referred to earlier seems to be in an extra at the end of the story (it seems like their reincarnations would be together? sorry for the confusion lol but so many things happened in the last few chapters I looked at). It's not tragedy, but a bittersweet ending, because while the main CP love each other, they do not end up together.

The torture and rape is very graphic.

Edit: FYI, this novel has close to 500 chapters, and is very plot heavy. A lot of things seem to have happened in the later half of the novel, so my impression of Long Xuan is all from his actions in his previous life and he might have changed alot in the current life. I don't think I can sit through these hundreds of chapters of political shenanigans right now, so please take this info with a pinch of salt!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    *traumatized at ‘rape’*

*chubby unicorn puts on running horseshoes*

Is the rape and torture for MC only in past life? Because I think that might be the only way I can stomach this one......

8. solowars

Reading List:
    Link
    No, unfortunately... although it is much milder than in his past life. The flashbacks to his past life also occur throughout the story, so there's no real way of avoiding it.

scriptor likes this.
  9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, gonna skip this one.:blobdead: But my first reaction was to go on a long damn rant about it... Just gonna delete it this time.:blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:Not every novel has to be my taste, and I don't need to understand the reason for existence of each novel. I might have some sort of narcissism is what I think these days, so I have to remind myself the world doesn't revolve around me.:blobpensive::blobsob::blobwhistle:

10. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sacrificing yourself so this chubby unicorn shifu can use the Escape Like the Wind Sutra. :blobReach:

lazynoodles, iampsyx and Misaki Yata like this.
  11. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will he get rape in his present life too!?
    I couldn't even handle the flashbacks!

12. solowars

Reading List:
    Link
    In his present life, he was sexually tortured by one of his enemies. But depends on your strict definition of rape, because there was no human penetration.

13. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Will MC be OP? And what about the emperor of another kingdom? Will Long Xuan be the next emperor? What is the ending for current emperor mc's father?
    Will Long xuan come to love mc?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  14. Berenice96

Berenice96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mtl-ed an author's note at the end of the story and I have a question. The author has written that she's going to think about the story of Long Xuan and Luo Wei. I'd like to ask if you know something about this story. It's possible that google translator is simply tricking me, but this note makes me a bit reluctant to read 'Rebirth...'. I'm afraid that it's not a definite ending and MC is going to end up with the Emperor, although it sounds unlikely according to spoilers above. I would be grateful for any news about sequel or spin-off, if it really exists ;)

Anuska likes this.
  15. solowars

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I've seen any sequel or spin-off of this novel. I've read that author's note, and I think she meant she would consider writing an alternate ending/alternate story where Luo Wei and Long Xuan could be together, and not that the ending of Rebirth isn't complete.

Berenice96 and Anuska like this.
  16. Berenice96

Berenice96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the answer :)

17. solowars

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I can't answer all your questions because I haven't gotten that far, but I do know a few things:

MC isn't really OP, because his knowledge of the future extends to only a certain point in time, after which his own actions make the timeline unpredictable. But he does have much more experience and knowledge due to his rebirth, so he manages to outsmart his enemies quite often.

The Emperor of the other kingdom (starts off as the 3rd Prince) is also in love with MC.

Long Xuan is still the next Emperor.

He does love MC, in the current life, and in the previous one.

I saw some spoilers about why Luo Wei got a rebirth, which is cool because most rebirth novels never explain this:
    At the very end of the story, it's revealed that in the previous life, Long Xuan regretted what he did to Luo Wei after finding Luo Wei's dead body, and forever sacrificed his own ability to reincarnate so Luo Wei could get a second chance at this life. Context is that in Chinese lore, every soul goes through endless cycles of reincarnations after they die (i.e. the soul is immortal).

18. solowars

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem! I'd like to read more of this novel, but it's incredibly long and political and I think my brain just doesn't have the capacity for that much Chinese lol

Anuska and Berenice96 like this.
  19. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for answering!
    Please don't mind me asking
    what happened to the actual crown prince? So MC couldn't destroy Long Xuan?
    What happened to the mc's father the current emperor? Will he die? Did he dote on mc?

20. solowars

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I can't answer those questions lol because I'm not that far in lol

I assume the Emperor had to die eventually because Long Xuan became Emperor. He did dote on MC once he realised MC was his son, because MC's real mother was the one woman he really loved.

yserieh, morticia_addams and Anuska like this.