Spoiler Rebirth Entertainment: My Cold Gentle Husband

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-entertainment-my-cold-gentle-husband/
    Finally interesting rebirth novel like Every Vicious Women Need Loyal Man and Rebirth of the Film Emperor’s Beloved Wife. Please someone spoiler about this novel. I wanted know about revenge on ex lover who created misunderstand between mc and her
    husband, sweet fluffy between mc and male lead.
    Summary:
    Boss, Madam wants to play a role in a movie.”

“Invest in a movie and make her the lead role!”

“Boss, Madam wants to be a model…”

“Bring international models for her to use as a stepping stone!”

“Boss… Madam wants to be a singer…”

“Buy 1 million copies in advance!”

In her past life, Bai Qingyan hurt the man who loved her. He looked at her lovingly as he fell to his death and she realized she loved him all too late. To live a life once again, she vowed to grasp this happiness with him. No longer will she regret.

“Who calls my name? You aren’t worthy! Also, it’s time to pay off the debt and enmity incurred from the past. Are you ready?”

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. Alina Moktan

Reading List:
    Link
    I read raw but drop at 12 chapter cause I feel disgusted toward male lead. Title make sense He is colder to mc and gentle when mc was hurt. He is too cold and doesn't communicated with mc which let misunderstand between them, this let mc hate him in first life and love ex lover who pay attention her and gentle to her, scheming her. I blamed on ml, if only he communicated with her, let her know how much he love her and doesn't let his nephew to take advantages of her. Perhaps none of this cause misunderstand.
    In second life male lead still created misunderstand by act colder to her and even hug and kiss Qu bitch who trying to kill mc. He blamed on bitch say she seduced him. I am so disappointed on this novel, I was overexcited when I thought this novel will be like every vicious women need loyal man and I even give it five stars. But wrong, I am disappointed, I give up reading this novel but only wanted spoiler, I hope this novel will not have angst and misunderstand. There are 300+ chapter, I am worried there will be melodrama cause all Chinese author like it. Mc look pretty weak when facing male lead, she blamed herself for ml death.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    a_b, stumblmer, Tomifudge and 5 others like this.
  3. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    ???
    Please someone plz spoiler, is this angst novel. What's with abusive tag in NU, I am scared of abusive and misunderstand.

kiraikirei likes this.
  4. KIMMY B

KIMMY B Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HE HUGGED THAT QU B**** BUT HE DIDNT KISS HER HE MADE IT LOOK LIKE THEY WERE KISSING IT JUST LOOK LIKE THAT FROM WHERE MC WAS , PLUS I THINK HE HAS THE FIRST LIFE MEMORIES SO HE IS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT MC DOESNT HV HER AND IS IN LOVE WITH THE NEPHEW AND TRYIN TO MAKE HER JEALOUS:sushi_peak:

kiraikirei, Tautropfenn and luzumafu like this.
  5. luzumafu

luzumafu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh his approach disgusts me so i agree with alina that ML is not a great ML even if he DIDNT kiss the bitch (he better not have like you said he didn't), which is also why there's a character/couple growth tag but to suffer 1051 chapters with that kind of guy? no thanks. i also thought it was another maybe sweet diabetes novel with okay drama, but I don't like it when the ML leads the FL's rivals on with his words and actions even if the rival is a bitch. That's just being a scum/douche no better than the ex probably was.

Also, actively trying to make your love interest jealous is not healthy which is why the couple growth tag is there but still this pettiness is a bit much especially with the FL appearing to be weak against him. Cold ML? PFFFFF only cold to FL and flirting with a bitch byeeee no wonder FL hated you in the last life i would too there're better men out there not just ex and ML.

6. KIMMY B

Reading List:
    Link
    HMM I GET WAT U SAYIN I AM ACTUALLY NW READIN THE NOVEL SO I AM PRAYIN FOR SOME KIND OF MIRACLE AND NOT SUFFER FOR READIN THIS CAUSE I WILL JUST CRY:(

kiraikirei and luzumafu like this.
  7. luzumafu

luzumafu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR as if our lives werent already bad but reading about these strained relationships just makes me angry and sob. THEY CLEARLY LIKE EACH OTHER IT COULD ALL BE RESOLVED BY IDK MAYBE SITTING DOWN AND HAVING A CONVERSATION?? JK NOT EVEN THAT MUCH

BRUH it takes less than a second to say "I like you" and you can say it pretty much anywhere if you are shameless enough.

8. KIMMY B

Reading List:
    Link
    BUT I AM STILL THINKIN WELL THE RAWS CONFUSIN AS IT IS ALREADY BUT THE CHANCES OF HIM HAVIN HIS FIRST LIFE MOMORIES ARE HIGH AND HE WELL THINKS MC STILL INTO THAT SCRAM ARRGGG(IMAGE OF NEPHEW WITH HIS SECOND LEG BROKEN JUST POPPED IN MY MIND:whistle: LOL) BUT U R RIGHT A SIMPLE CONVO COULD OF BEEN USE AS IN THE CASE OF ALOT OF NOVEL EGO TO BIG APPARENTLY SO I WILL GV THE ML A CHANCE.

YEP HE HAS HIS MEMORIES FROM THE PAST LIFE (WHEN I GET MY HAND ON THE NECK OF THAT ASSITANT) SHE WONT KN WAT HIT HER AND ML HV MY SPIRIT LOW ATM:(

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    kiraikirei likes this.
  9. judairu

judairu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be a bit of a misleading view regarding the events of the novel. As it’s translator, I think it best to clarify the issue.
    • Male Lead, Gu Yezhi, seems to have also reincarnated and has memories from the past life. His actions then after the rebirth from the beginning makes perfect sense.
    • As far as Gu Yezhi allowing other woman to touch him, it is simply his defensive reaction from thinking the female lead, Bai Qingyan, doesn’t love him. Of course, Bai Qingyan puts her foot down and threatens to divorce him ever he does such things again after seeing it happen twice.
    • It’s still a lovable story. The couples grow and mature together throughout the novel.
    That aside, the novel is titled “Cold Gentle Husband”. Gu Yezhi’s actions to support Bai Qinyan are usually done from behind the scenes. Say for example, she wants to try acting again but she doesn’t want to throw around her power and wants to enter the entertainment scene the normal way, Gu Yezhi is pulling strings from behind to pave a smooth path for her.

stumblmer, RBJ, yserieh and 4 others like this.
  10. Lily Rose Tulip

Lily Rose Tulip Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read finished? What’s your take on the ML trusting his assistant over the FL and divorcing her at 8++ chapters then? I mean, I get why the ML reacted the way he did in the beginning but after all that has happened between them, at 8++ chapters, he still distrusts the FL so. Honestly, I was disappointed as well. I read this thinking it would be a good romance novel, but what I got is a disguised abuse instead. I get it, the FL was vicious in the last life but enough already. She’s supposed to take whatever crap EVERYONE throws at her but it’s okay, she’ll forgive them because she deserved it??? What??? She rebirth just to get herself abused? Might as well stay dead. If I sound harsh, I’m sorry, nothing personal with you, it’s just i’m really disappointed and I hate ML.

MintQueen, stumblmer, RBJ and 8 others like this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read novels with doting ML's. Those types of ML's, after their own rebirth, would do their best to woo the FL by correcting what they did wrong the first time - for example, not communicating and being too cold. That shows he truly loves her and doesn't want to give up on her easily. This one here ML doesn't look into his own faults and goes on protecting his heart against the FL. Fair enough, just don't let him come back as a ML afterwards.

Same for MC's, after their rebirth, they better not immediately go on revenge sprees, but first look into their own faults and what led to their demise. That's how I can enjoy the story. It's up to personal taste, of course.

Mandyj, stumblmer, kiraikirei and 3 others like this.
  12. Alina Moktan

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you, I hate that kind of ML. Mc sure is unlucky, she only want true love, unfortunately her, first Ex lover was scheming ambitious with fake heart whom she give her love to him. Second husband sound he truly love her, but act too coldly her and even allowed other women to touch him making mc hurt. I am not into novel that abused mc.

Remind of some Chinese novel where ML say he love mc much but he still hurt mc physically and emotionally. I don't understand this kind guy and novel. If he hate mc, will he stop abused mc. Answer is no, if he love mc, he still abused her, if he hate her, he still abused her. Dont understand this kind of guy.

stumblmer, kiraikirei, Asha7 and 2 others like this.
  13. Lily Rose Tulip

Reading List:
    Link
    I was super angry because before that 8++ chapters, they already went through a lot. The FL should have proven her love towards ML already and the trust should have been solid. Although there were red flags going on everywhere (the FL had to prove her love a lot and the ML still doubted her, other people slighted FL but it’s okay FL would forgive them no big deal, the mention to the previous life and how wrong FL was just to make it okay for everyone to abuse FL) but at 8++ chapters, the assistant pushed FL down the stairs causing her miscarriage and the ML was like I’m so disappointed with you, here’s a divorce paper and oh, you are not even worthy to hold the assistant’s feet (he said that in front of the assistant and leaving them both in the room after, you can imagine how the assistant gloated) AND he went behind FL’s back to save the child and separated them for 4-5 years! The FL lived all that time thinking her daughter’s dead! Yo! My blood is boiling! And when the truth was revealed via hypnosis towards the assistant, the ML was like oh I’m so sorry bla bla bla, here’s a knife, you can hurt me all you want and when the FL ignored his stupidity, he stabbed himself in the heart area because he wanted to know what was the pain the FL had like and got himself into a coma, playing the pity party card and everyone was like, oh forgive him forgive him and the FL was like he’s like a child. AND what did the FL do? Act all lovey dovey with ML! Oh so very concern about the ML! Forgive the guy oh so very easily! Are you kidding me?! Everyone’s stupid and this story is stupid! I want to stab all of them! If I wanted to read about abusive story, I would go read the obvious one but this dung of a story makes it oh so righteous to abuse the FL and the ML is still the romantic hero. This novel is a revolution in the art of abusive novel - kudos to the author! Pissed me off!

14. grace17

grace17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank for spoiler. I don't wanted to read this angst novel. What's wrong with all Chinese author and their abused on female protagonist. Seriously think they vent their anger on female protagonist. everytimes I wanted read fluffy sweet romance with ML doted on mc novel, instead I find angst mental retardation novel that low IQ of reader. Even summary deceived me. So I always read spoiler before novel cause I don't want novel to deceive me. No wonder same sex novel and reverse harem is better than straight romance.

15. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol WTF? :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Thank you for going through this, so I don't have to. This novel sounds like a riot. I'm sure there's plenty of people who are into this tho. I'll move on to fluffier pastures with more mature acting characters.:blobsnow:

Pristine Xia, a_b, stumblmer and 7 others like this.
  16. blazikens

blazikens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.....I literally just read the first 10 chapters (more like 5 since they're cut in half but anyway) that are translated, and I was already cringing at the abrupt transitions, the melodramatic ending of the first life, barely any explanations, and the typical cookie-cutter characters.....but I didn't know it was this bad.....how did you survive 800+ chapters of this?! I was already deciding to drop this bc someone reviewed it on NU saying the ML abused the MC but I was curious to see if anyone had spoilers and yikes.....just from this I'm so glad I only read the first 5 chapters lmao.

grace17, kiraikirei, Asha7 and 2 others like this.
  17. Lily Rose Tulip

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn’t actually read the whole thing because I’m having my finals this week and I need to study but I stopped at 2++ chapters and on that chapter, the assistant conspired to get the FL kidnapped and raped but FL managed to save herself but nothing was done to the assistant. Not even to the person who got the plan worked even though she confessed. Everyone was like, since there’s no harm done, it’s okay. That person is still an innocent little baby. (That person is ML’s best friend’s sister and ML and his other best friend watched growing up and spoiled. She liked the ML and the assistant manipulated her to get the FL kidnapped. She is kind of innocent though. Gullible but innocent. She just thought it would be a prank and no one would get hurt. She also saved FL from getting shot. But in the beginning when FL was going to get raped, besides yelling stop couple of times and crying, it’s not like she did anything. In the end, she even said sorry, accepting the idea that FL would get herself raped and the author kept repeating how she’s innocent little lamb, never encountering this kind of thing bla bla bla, wouldn’t know what to do except crying, it’s not like FL ever killed anyone before and at the time FL was mentally sick and vulnerable, it was very easy to get to her. If she didn’t snap out of her mental sickness and defend herself, she would’ve been done. And that sister didn’t tell the others that the assistant was the one who conspired it because she made a promise). No one even mentioned that the assistant was the one who did it. Everyone thought of it as a prank. FL knew something was up because the assistant demanded her to get raped before killed but let it be so I was curious what kind of bomb the assistant would be like and what her ending so I skipped around. Didn’t expect she would survive until 8++ chapters and that lousy husband would treat her like that. Sorry I wouldn’t survive 8++ chapters of this kind of story. Not a masochist. I would quit early.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    otomereader, stumblmer, Moy and 6 others like this.
  18. Sunflower24

Sunflower24 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes and i thought it will be a pretty good story... Thank heavens i check out the spoilers... I hate this type of ml and mc.

Yadomi, luzumafu, kiraikirei and 2 others like this.
  19. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this one will be at least similar to SuYanyiXQinJiran (forget the name,but still kind of emperor entertqinment rebirth smth) or better but seems like it's worse, I also not into story where FL thinks she deserved all the bad things happen to her as it's retribusyit

luzumafu and kiraikirei like this.
  20. kiraikirei

kiraikirei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all the spoilers! Glad I drop it at chapter 15 (cause I got pissed off by the drama and nonsense). I don't know how you guys could go through that experience when reading the raw novel :sweating_profusely: cause I don't think I have enough courage to do it and torture my fragile heart :blobjoy:
    At first, I thought the story would be similar like 'Rebirth of the Film Emperor's Beloved Wife' or at least the character would be like Ning Xi and Lu Tingxiao from 'Full Marks Hidden Marriage', and the story will be full of sweet and fluffy moments, but it seems like I hold my expectation too high :blobcry:. Got deceived by the sinopsis, I think :blobwoah:
    Honestly, I really hate this kind of story, where the ML is a jerk who loves to cause misunderstanding, abuse FL both physically and mentally, and has the worst kind of tsundere personality while the FL is a foolish woman who likes to get trampled on by people. But, oh well, everyone have their own taste, I suppose :blobReach:

stumblmer, luzumafu and Alina Moktan like this.