Spoiler Heroic Wife Reborn

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ruyi, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: i guess I ended up translating some of it lol​

[​IMG]
    Name: Heroic Wife Reborn (formerly Rebirth of a Fierce Wife) (重生之悍妻)
    Author: Mei Guo/Plum Fruit (梅果), alternative pseudonym of Mei Xiaoguo/Little Plum Fruit (梅小果) who wrote Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao. This is one of her earlier works.
    Raws Link: http://www.3gsc.com.cn/bookreader/360970
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/heroic-wife-reborn/
    Summary: The army drillmaster Yu Xiaoxiao (玉小小) [aka "Little Jade"] transmigrated from a zombie apocalypse world into the body of the first daughter of the official wife/eldest imperial princess. On her first day, she got herself hitched to young general Gu Xinglang (顾星朗) at the lowest point of his life: unjustly accused, imprisoned, and tortured. Ever since then, the valiant girl who only knew how to eat, sleep, and fight zombies tied her destiny with the brave general who was loyal, patriotic, stern, and taciturn.

With the country weak and enemies on all sides, the imperial palace is full of spying concubines, sycophant officials, and a fatuous, self-indulgent ruler. Beyond the court lies the populace suffering in dire poverty. Faced with these circumstances, General Gu only hopes that he can help the imperial court restore its discipline and give peace to all the people of the country. But his wife and princess says, "Your wish is too grand and impossible to fulfill. Let's go take over the kingdom ourselves instead!"

General Gu could only remain speechless. "......."

How does one become a princess favored by the annals of history? Yu Xiaoxiao [Little Jade] is convinced that a [truly] good princess is one who dotes on her husband!

Chapters: 1533 (Complete) +4 extras

Basically it's like UPX except the MC transmigrates into the body of a princess instead of a girl-pretending-to-be-emperor, the emperor is an enemy and she's prolly less astute than Ning Xiaoyao. I think she has the whole superhuman strength schtick that NXY has, since zombie apocalypses apparently mutate humans to give them superpowers, but I'll need to check. Apparently, Chinese readers like the male lead in this novel (Gu Xinglang) better than Lou Zigui from UPX.

@Shizun here's your spoiler thread, I haven't even read much of this myself so it'll be a reader-wide effort to collect info on this story! I remember it's got UPX brand humor though so it should be a riot.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    This sound funny interesting. Really hope for more spoiler

3. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Eer the one plot hole is, both is muscle brain and didn't know too much about politic, how they can collect loyal + good officials?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  4. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably the brain is the ML

JimmyFalcon and mmem like this.
  5. McNoodle

McNoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooo. Now I really wanna read this. Need more spoilers! :blobReach:

6. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is general, not politic people...
    If someone didn't understand politic, they can't collect correct subordinate.

7. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML of Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao of the same author is a general as well but didn't stop him to scheme against politicians

8. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    the picture is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aww::aww::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobrofl::blobrofl:

wonder what's happening for her to hit the table!!!!

EDICT: opps, thought it was a table but it's actually a person. my bad :sweating_profusely::blobsweat::blobpats:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    elsaSmith797, RizYun and wafflebeauty like this.
  9. Bigfanofanime03

Bigfanofanime03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    need more spoiler cookie!

10. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a few hundred pages in, and this is definitely in the same vein as Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao. In fact, the two books (and the characters therein) are so similar that they could almost be the same book except that the initial setups are different. Honestly, I think that this is actually the better book, but it's less suitable for translation because it's a much longer book and the story hook isn't quite as strong.

I can also attest to Gu Xinglang being a more enjoyable character than Lou Zigui. Goofiness is what makes this kind of male lead fun, and Gu Xinglang is just given a lot more opportunities to be goofy.

Scarily enough, Yu Xiaoxiao is the main strategist! She's a dumbass, but she's also the one who comes up with the strategies (mostly without discussing them with anyone beforehand) and makes the alliances. One big advantage is that she knows a lot of the future events that will happen and plans (sorta) for them.

11. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    That...that sounds really cool. * o * Thank you for all the deets!

Btw fun fact: Chinese readers have said that LZG isn't even fit to 'lick the shoes' of GXL. Ahaha~

12. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    Going a bit further in, and it doesn't look like the emperor is going to be an antagonist in the story. He's a bit useless as a monarch, but he ends up joining Yu Xiaoxiao as one of the shameless trio and he's absolutely hilarious!

Also, Yu Xiaoxiao is basically Ning Xiaoyao minus the ability to talk to animals and magical healing plus surgeon skills and the ability to summon lightning! Since she's not immune to poisons and injuries the way Xiaoyao is, Xiaoxiao is probably even more overpowered physically. She ends up accidentally breaking a (wooden) building while trying to swat a fly! And since Xiaoxiao doesn't have to pretend to be a man, she ends up picking up a lot of male admirers, most of whom would have been lovers of the original princess in an alternate timeline.

Ruyi, kiara8, Alice-sama and 7 others like this.
  13. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to mention this now, but the first chapter talks about the original princess---she was a naive girl who was driven out of the palace by her....stepmother I think? And ended up turning black belly and conquering the world to rule it as its empress before drowning it all in flames and dying alone. = u = So a scary but sad fate...

YXX thought it was a shame that after she got everything she gained nothing....

14. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    i think....it's a person tho.....
    a redhead?
    she sitting ontop of that person back and hitting the head? or grab-pulling the hair..?

15. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao!! Now that I'm using my phone to look at the picture, I can see that she is on top of someone while hitting them!!! Lol!!!

But the picture is still cute though!.

16. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    My interest has been caught! Spoolers plssss
    Lol I will not brave MTL my understanding of CHinese grammar isnt there yet.

17. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    In the alternate timeline, Yu Xiaoxiao's original body, Princess Linglong, was sent into the countryside when she was thirteen. She forged an alliance with a foreign prince and used that influence to seize the throne for herself and murdered all of the princes other than her only full brother. Linglong became a cruel tyrant with a plethora of lovers. Eventually the one brother she spared rose up in rebellion and ended up killing her.

Yu Xiaoxiao knows all of this and calls the alternate Linglong the "Brutal Female Emperor" and goes out of her way to make sure that none of this happens to her. It feels a lot like Bakarina if Bakarina had a more purposeful plot.

18. wafflebeauty

wafflebeauty Димаш Кудайберген

Reading List:
    Link
    i wonder who is the person she's hitting in the cover art <.<
    also, whose tail was that in the cover art? someone has a tail?!

19. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    All I know is that it’s not original art made just for the cover, those are definitely chibi versions of artist RDJLock’s original characters~

20. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    Most Chinese Romance novels have very generic settings. These can often be plopped into a ton of historical settings by just tweaking a few names. "Rebirth of a Fierce Wife" is an exception in that the setting is actually pretty important.

There are six kingdoms in this world, and Yu Xiaoxiao's father is the emperor of the weakest one. As such, he gets pushed around by just about every foreign powers. To make matters worse, there is a Buddhist temple that is (not so) secretly the most powerful force in the entire world. Even the most powerful of kingdoms is afraid of offending them because it's presumed that it is so influential that it can marshal the armies of all the other kingdoms to crush the offending party.

It might as well be commissioned art given how Yu Xiaoxiao behaves. In fact, it's hard to tell exactly who that person would be since she has so many victims enemies. :)