Spoiler Rebirth of the Concubine's Son that becomes respected (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by azure_sea, Oct 23, 2017.

1. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Original Title: 重生之庶子为尊
    (If you have better idea about the title, please tell me ^^)
    Link: http://www.sto.cc/book-162410-1.html

Summary:
    Li Mo Ran (MC) is the 4th son of a prominent clan. He was born from a concubine. But despite being a bastard son, his appearance was good, he had innate talent and was intelligent, thus getting love from the clan.
    But: he had feelings for his sister's husband, the Jing Wang (King Jing, he is an imperial son/prince).

To help Jing Wang out in the contest for the throne, he agreed to his clan's and Jing Wang's plan to marry the first prince in order to steal information.
    To his surprise, after Jing Wang succeeded the throne, Jing Wang coldly replied/rejected him: If I were to accept you, wouldn't I get laughed at by the people?
    Thus, with 1000 silver (money) and a little manor somewhere, MC was driven out.

Author's note: story has no historical facts, doesn't occur in any known dynasty, so people who are nitpicking details, please don't read.

Tags: 1v1, revenge, HE.
    Novel is complete

SUMMARY of the first few chapters (yes, who would have thought that i will make a thread about a novel that i've actually read some of it already, lol):
    The story doesn't begin with MC's death right away. It begins with the first prince being implicated that he had received bribes regarding something official (maybe the national exam?) and the first prince then told the emperor that even if he is innocent, he would like to relinquish his position as heir to the throne bc apparently he is a good-for-nothing. he had tried martial arts and books, but he is not good in anything.
    So the emperor decided to ban him aways from the capital city as a "failure".
    the prince comes back home and meets the MC. MC has been married to him for half a year now (and leaked information to Jing Wang). MC asked him to let him be able to go the national examinations to become a good student/official so that he can help first prince later on, FP lets him. later on, when MC came back successful and FP was about to go away, FP asked him if he wants to go away with him. MC rejected, FP said that MC is although very bright, but has overlooked one important thing in his conquest of winning over Jing Wang: MC has already been stained/marked by FP, so is MC really that naive to believe that Jing Wang will still want him?
    MC didn't believe him and dropped his facade of loving FP and replied that as long as he is there, FP will not get to Jing Wang. FP said he will come back successful (as in taking the throne back?).

They part ways then and time skip forward 10 years.

MC is living in a very shabby house, his hair is now white and he is ill. doctors say he will not live out the end of the year (but he somehow still managed to live for 10 years). MC reflects and thought about how true the FP was with his words: Jing Wang really didn't want him, bc FP was his first man. and also, Jing Wang just took advantage of his love for him.
    in the end FP is returning successful and he lost the "bet" he had with FP.
    When MC drank his "medicine", he noticed that there was 1/3 of poison in it, so he thought that his life is really limited now. so he calls his only child servant to let FP know after the died, that if there is another life, will FP still offer to walk him through his life? (honestly, there is a 4-character phrase that i didn't know the meaning of, but i guess the content would be something like this?) and if FP said yes, then the servant should tell the FP: if there is a next life, MC is willing to go with him.
    Then FP is suddenly behind him, in bloody military clothes and still the mellow/nice smile on his face.
    FP: i've returned triumphant.
    MC: but i was wrong.
    FP: knowing yourself to be in the wrong is a good way to change yourself.
    MC: I always didn't believe you when you said you loved me 10 years ago. but afterwards i finally understood, understood why the marriage was decreed by your request: you were using me, letting me leak information and ruin your status the heir so that Jing Wang wouldn't be suspicious when you leave the city. you played a very good game.
    FP: yes, i did take advantage of you. But even if it weren't for you leaking information to him, another one would have taken your place and done the same.
    MC: but it wouldn't have been as effective as me (bc Jing Wang knew MC was in love with him)
    FP: yes, but even if that is true, i still love you.
    MC: 10 years ago, you invited me to go with you, was that for real/sincere?
    FP: 10 years ago, you clearly already had a clue to my plans, so why didn't you tell Jing Wang about it?

Next chapter (ch 8) suddenly begins with MC being reborn as a baby....

NOTE: so the plot so far is quite different from other rebirth novels i've read, bc it doesn't immediately begin with MC dying and then being reborn or MC suddenly waking up to his body in the past, etc. the first few chapters gave us a nice background about what happened and the history of this country and how men can marry other men (but the "wife" will lose the opportunity to become an official, etc.).
    also, the MC is reborn as a baby!! now that it quite interesting and i would like to know how he navigates through his childhood differently and if he still marries the FP, but this time wholheartedly?

also, if you haven't already guessed it: first prince=FP=ML ;)

pokes @alexfilia

2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Need mooooooaaaaaar spoileeeers especiallly of this! :blobdrool:

lazynoodles, Misaki Yata and Kittsune like this.
  4. foxymirage

foxymirage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so weak for this type of setting... :sweating_profusely:Curse you cuz I know I'll have a hard time MTLing this *crying like a dying seal*

5. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DAYUUUM :blobfearful: So they were both using each other. Did the first prince really love him? Cause he used the MC in the end which caused his death and if the FP was there the entire time then was he the one who poisoned the MC?

6. missycin

missycin Pikachu is ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ and BL is (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Reading List:
    Link
    I love stories like this.....bookmarked

7. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    how mc get his revenge? anyone read this? I want to know the details orz no rape, I hope... orz

mereumsama likes this.
  8. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    rip me, I don't have time right now ;w;

9. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow (y) Seems interesting ,I'm in . :sushi_chubby:. waiting for spoilers.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  10. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it easy to MTL?

11. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from another point of view... FP and Jing Wang aint a good choice..... cuz JW abandonded MC and FP didn't do anything at all to help, even though he said he is in love in MC. In my opinion it would have been better if someone else is the ML, but cuz its revenge plot welp.... FP is the better choice then...

Blood A, readerz, Misaki Yata and 6 others like this.
  12. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    uh, no, FP just returned, he didn't poison him at all. actually, in the previous life during their marriage, FP doted on MC. whatever MC wanted, FP replied with: if you really want it, i will give it to you.
    i suspect it's the doctors (sent from Jing Wang maybe??) and the child servant just brewed it for MC (bc the child servant doesn't know anything about medicine).

hmm, sometimes it's quite easy to read, sometimes there were some parts i got confused. many phrases, but so far nothing out of the world difficult like martial arts world...:sweating_profusely:

Blood A, Izn, Misaki Yata and 10 others like this.
  13. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if in the there aren't true decent men in ancient times because the truly good men decide to become monk or are commoners in in small villages LOL (I'm kidding) Still the first prince isn't so bad :D

Sasakira, mereumsama and Poor_Hero like this.
  14. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    okay, i've read chapter 8 now and you will like FP/ML more now:

so MC reminises as a baby:
    after FP returned, he made MC under heavy protest from the people to his empress and treated him very well. MC died peacefully in his arms when he was waaaayyy older. so he misses ML all the time and when thinking of him (and wondering if his life is okay, bc palace life is hard, you know? and it seems the previous emperor wasn't that fond of ML, either...)
    anyway, back to 1. life, maybe i didn't explain it well enough:
    yes, they used each other, but ML actually fell in love with him in the first moment he laid his eyes on MC. nearly end of ch 7, there was a sentence like: from the first moment he saw him (MC), he decided he wanted to be MC's first man and have him as his wife.
    thus, the marriage decree.
    but during their marriage, ML knew that MC was using him and he let him do it, but he still streated MC very well, as a real husband, you know? While MC always had to kinda close his eyes and bear the burden of faking his love to ML while being in love with Jing Wang.
    so they used each other.
    and when ML had to leave the city, he said to MC when they kinda revealed their true sides: i can give you half of the country, are you willing to go with me? and leave Jing Wang behind?
    MC: hell no.

sooo when ML came back and had this conversation (btw, when they talked, ML embraced MC and MC didn't stuggle, just buried his head into his chest), ML then became emperor. and when MC became queen, he said to MC: as i promised, i will give you half of the country (i think here it means, i will share the nation/country with you and give you power)

it's implied in ch 8 that MC and ML led a nice life.

i'd rather say that MC was more in the fault than ML regarding using each other. and MC knew it, too, but ML still forgave him.
    ML always showing MC his warmth and ML always treated MC very nicely. how MC ended up was also kinda MC's fault, bc 1. he married ML only to use him, otherwise he wouldn't have agreed. also, he could have stopped that plan and ML would surely have changed his plans, too.
    2. when MC had the chance to go with ML, he rejected him bc he was still naive and believed Jing Wang will want him.

15. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Omgggg!!! This summary really took me, I need read this. I loved!!!! :love: How many chapters are there?

This remember me the novels with FL revenge ahah that I like a lot

16. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait I'm still a little confused wasn't MC poisoned in the first life and died?

scriptor likes this.
  17. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I like FP as ML so far.

But.... What I got from MTL was this:

-as in a previous summary, MC and ML were separated for a while. MC 'disappeared' because he got dragged down by scum Jing Wang.
    -during that time, MC got really sick (?) and is already on the brink of death before taking a potion. I can't tell in MTL whether this is poison or actually medicine to extend his life. Anyway, he's dying.
    -ML is victorious, comes back in time to have that talk with MC before MC dies in his arms.
    -MC is transmigrated. He doesn't cry even as a baby until he thinks of ML and his words to him before he died. ;-;

So no, they didn't live to old age. At least MC didn't.

18. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, i thought so, too...maybe i need to read it again (it's around 3 am now orz, my brain doesn't work, haha). i will update you on it :)

Blood A and Yumika12345 like this.
  19. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    yupp, after how ch 7 ended, i thought MC died in ML's arms, but suddenly ch 8 mentions about how ML got to be emperor and MC the empress.... :blobdizzy:

20. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you're reading the actual Chinese, I'd say MTL is messing with you. I don't think MC got made Empress unless it's post-mortem, or something that ML says he wants to do for MC before MC died. All MC remembers is dying in ML's arms.