Rebirth Online World - Hello NUF!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zhaernon, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Zhaernon

Zhaernon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello Everybody!

I am Zhaernon, Rebirth.Online Manager.
    It's my first post here, so I hope I'm posting in the right place, as I couldn't locate any specialized Category for official posts like this one.
    Please do tell/help me move the Thread if it's not the case.

I have been the Community Manager on ROW for quite a while already, and decided that it's nigh time for me to make my presence known on NUF as well.

I have recently received some reports about people encountering issues on our site, or just complaining about our novels on NUF.
    We try to address any and all issues that we are made aware of, but (at least until now) we had had no official presence here, and coudn't really take notice of those complaints.
    On the other hand, even though it's plenty easy to contact us via mail, Discord, or commenting, we rarely receive any complaints there at all, and correct all those we can.
    Which, in turn, brings me here, as it might simply be just more convenient for some of you to complain here than through the channels we made available.

I have seen some complaints about our new anti-screening feature (mostly regarding right after it was implemented), and I have to say that the issues made aware to us (aside from Firefox reader mode, as it acts the same way as screening bots do) were taken care of.

I have also seen some complaints about how our Translators "butcher" the novels.
    It would be nice to receive much more detailed reports and explanations about who exactly, and why, butchers them, according to you.
    It would help us immensely in actually adressing the issue, as general complaints of that kind don't really give us any hints as to what exactly is the problem.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, issues, or complaints, feel free to write them here!

TL;DR Version:
    I'm a ROW official going to answer questions, so complain away!

juniorjawz, SirPinha and Xravia like this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *insert complaints here*
    :blobpeek:

Zhaernon likes this.
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there really a point of going through all that trouble with antiscraping scripts? end of the day you are just making it difficult for normal people, anyone with any tech knowledge (most scrapers) will go around it in seconds. I mean literally it takes no more than 5 minutes, even without that I can just do print on chrome and copy and paste off the preview.

Aka, its all pointless... just put messages like others do and call it a day.

4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... aren't you that site with twilight background and *cough* pot of gold *cough* ?
    Anyways, welcome to the forum, manager Zha. You can call me Zhe, and it's alright if I call ya Zha, right?:blobwoah:

Zhaernon likes this.
  5. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys need more translator ~

Just it lol

Zhaernon likes this.
  6. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    yep. we like to make pirated site suffer some work.

7. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    apply if you have N3 or N2 qualification.

8. Zhaernon

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, it might seem pointless at first. And anybody with some tech knowledge will be able to go around it in a matter of minutes.
    The thing is - most scrappers only have bots behind them, so it still works.
    Those that want to scrape from our site anyways would have to do so manually, or add exceptions to the bots that would allow them for screening anyways.
    While it might not remove the issue in its entirety, it helps alleviate it. And we're also more comfortable knowing that our works are not getting stolen on such a wide scale any longer :)

9. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    The translations of yours that i read a good while ago read like bad MTL or badly edited MTL.

10. Redmi

Redmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Neta Chara new chapter when?

11. Zhaernon

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Zhe! As long as it contains a Z and I know from context that it's about me, you're free to call me however :)

12. Zhaernon

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure how long ago that was. Roughly a year ago we have started managing the group more carefully, switched sites, assigned editors to novels, and even made sure to edit some of the previous works to increase their readability.
    If you can't mention anything more specific, I can't really help either.

Neta Chara is a R18+ novel, and it was put on hold if we still wanted to have Google Adsense ads on our site.
    The prohibition on R18+ novels on our site will be lifted in a few more months, as we are currently developing a much more convenient site, for both Content Creators, and Readers. (If you have any suggestions regarding what could be included on the new site, now would be the right time to mention that, as it's still under development).

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I won't bother ya busy folks with them site management.
    Tho, sometime, maybe in the future, I would ask ya some questions regarding the novels you update there, but for now, I won't, because time waits for no one. Good luck in whatever ya doing and once again, welcome to the world of novel updates forum!:aww:

Zhaernon likes this.
  14. kelkel1133

kelkel1133 Well-known Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Manager Z, why do I get the robotic retard vibe when reading the novels?
    or is it just me?

15. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    My Annoying Aura
    Did SlashCrit dropped this original story? It was quite good imo

16. Zhaernon

Reading List:
    Link
    Details please~~
    If you're asking in general and not just about our novels though, then I guess it might be just you, or you might be picking wrong novels to read :)
    I suggest reading some of our Original Works, especially Last High Human, Birth of the Necromancer, and the newcomer Yora Chronicles :p

17. kelkel1133

kelkel1133 Well-known Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh, maybe it's the author~, thanks manager Z, good luck~

18. Zhaernon

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I heard from him, he said he might return to writing in about a month or two. But that was over 6 months ago, unfortunately. I have had no further info from him.

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  19. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... Isn't the owner of that website is snow... Or something like that?

Well, whatever... Didn't really like that website since translation of ubau mono wo ubareru... Is very bad at best...

20. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it was years ago with To Deprive a Deprived Person and Destination of Crybird. These were the novels that i could handle though i also remember sort of struggling with the flow of the text when i read Werewolf Reincarnation, Aide of Demon King early this year though that has been dropped by your site so meh. Oh and so has Destination of Crybird..

One thing that might get me reading a novel on rebirth.online (haven't read anything on your site for over a year) would be to make it easier to find a novel to read as right now it is just a long list that goes straight down. I prefer the side to side list that wuxiaworld and gravitytales have their novels showcased in. Anyway bravo for making changes to the site to improve its quality. I might give you some feedback if i ever get back to reading a novel on your site as i will probably have to reread most of TDDP and Destination of Crybird if i get back to reading them at all :p

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Zhaernon likes this.