Chinese Reborn as a Good Child

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Cuddles0_0, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Cuddles0_0

Cuddles0_0 (>^∆^)> Xtra Whipped Cream Translations <(^∆^<)

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Reborn as a Good Child

Author: 生缘浅

Raw link: http://www.lcread.com/bookpage/312227/

NU Link: don't know where it is although I tried to upload it

Why it should get picked up: it's cute, fluffy, and relatively easy to MTL

Synopsis:

Bai Yihan, as a little brat spoiled to the heavens, finally failed his family, ran away with his lover and courted disaster. After his rebirth, he decided to turn over a new leaf and try to be a good boy. However, many things aren't the same as before.....

Papa and Mom: It's unforgivable, someone must have bullied my son for him to become so good.

Big Brother and Big Sister: If my little brother's sensibility is at the expense of his suffering, I would rather he is always a little brat!

Mu Jingyuan: If you are being beaten, you should stand up, but you hide... It's getting cold. Someone so broken is amusing to tease with a smile.

Bai Yihan: ... You owe me a lot for being such a little brat in my last life!

There's a chapter 1: http://xtrawhippedcream.blog/?p=1445

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a typo or just me that is bad with english ? => at the expense of his suffering.
    => at the expense of his freedom/happiness/whatever.

It sounds like for me (not english native) that he give up on suffering.

Also as you said it's a cute story, i'm really REALLY REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY interested. Something fluffy is always welcome, as long it's not yaoi.

Edit: waiiiiiiittttt, why do i see a "danmei" tag in your thread ? Did you forgot to say that it's yaoi ?

Damnit why can't fluffy yuri be picked up instead !?

Hanaru, Eaaan, MonkeDanana and 3 others like this.
  3. FistFullOfDillars

FistFullOfDillars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds amazing, I think I have to MLT it! I really hope someone picks it up.

Eaaan and Cuddles0_0 like this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it’s 1v2

Cuddles0_0 likes this.
  5. Cuddles0_0

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tsuru55
    Meh, I decided to keep it because expense means cost and I'm like, the cost for becoming sensible is that he suffers...the translation never said in which way they thought he was suffering (happiness etc)

Danmei is the Chinese way of saying yaoi, yaoi is the Japanese word

Blood A likes this.
  6. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:
    Granted it has been forever since my last English class, but at the expense of is an idiom used to show that the first thing harms the second.

The mall was built at the expense of the environment.

So you're right. To be grammatically correct, the idiom was used wrong. But @Cuddles0_0 is also right, expense (as a word) is a synonym for cost. (Cost is defined as payment made in the course of achieving a result.)

And I just confused the heck out of myself...even as a native English speaker, grammar rules drive me nuts. :blobdizzy:

:sweating_profusely: :blob_ghost:

Esentially, the MC's family is saying that the MC's good behavior with the family is because of suffering outside. And if that is the case, they would rather have the bratty kid back.

Sorry if I confused you more. I thought about not posting this but figured to do it anyway. Afterall, I looked it all up again. :blobwhistle:

EDIT:

@Cuddles0_0 thanks for answering the questions I had in the teaser (about length etc). As someone who is just starting to learn Chinese I think this project is too much for me. I hope it gets picked up it looks interesting.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Blood A and Cuddles0_0 like this.
  7. Cuddles0_0

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I didn't realize how hard English is until I was trying to figure out how translate...
    @c3ltic maybe you need chapters short like "You Boys Play Games Well" but then if it's comedic, I feel like there's more research involved because of the specific idioms

8. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sometimes surprised that I was able to pass my courses. Grammar never seemed to stick in my head. But I always passed with flying colors.

I am just starting my journey in studying Chinese (as in it has only been 10 days since I started). So I'm not ready to translate now; however, when I am more confident I plan to ask for recommendations. :blobshh:

Hanaru, Blood A and Cuddles0_0 like this.
  9. appk

appk New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any similar novels to recommend?

10. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a spoiler thread for this ?

11. Ren1511

Ren1511 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sharing this novel...
    I already finished reading it through mtl...
    There are many couples other than our main cp which were interesting. There are many parts where i was crying...
    Overall it was good.

Blood A and Cuddles0_0 like this.
  12. Cuddles0_0

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar as in - rebirth? cute and fluffy? easy to MTL?

13. xtruthxliex

xtruthxliex Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: I may take this to MTL and edit and publish it BUT that 200+ though... Huuuuuuuunnnnyyyyy whyyyyyy?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  14. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading this, and its a lot more violent and tragic then i expected....i feel like..it should have more tags besides cute and fluffy bc some very sensitive topics are present and a major part of the story( ie. depression, suicide, rape....)

MCs past:

ml and mcs sister plans to get married
    Mc is super jealous, realizes his feelings for ml, and forces them to break up by acting out

Mcs family and ml start to get disappointed at his wild, erratic, selfish actions (mc just doesnt know how to express himself, and he was very spoiled)

Mc tries to confess to ml
    Ml thinks mc is treating his feelings as a joke (he doesnt think mc is serious,) ml actually was always in love with mc, but thought mc would never accept him/be gay. The marriage was just bc sis vaguely liked ml, and ml wanted to be able to watch over mc forever
    Mc is upset he got rejected so harshly, yells at ml to never see him again
    Ml moves overseas and really never come back

Mc is heartbroken, his evil "friends" take advantage of his naivety, lures him to steal his family companys new technology, everyone thinks his family plagarized(?) the tech, two other important families team up to frame/destroy mcs family company with other stuff. Mc family goes bankrupt. Mc family even more disapponted in him after he confessed he stole the info.

Mc secretly gets a job as pianist in a cafe(?) His "friends" come by to laugh at him all the time. One time, mc goes to confront his "friends" who beats him up anddrug him then rapes him :blob_teary:
    They take pictures and post it everywhere, and bc he was drugged it didnt look like he was unwilling. Mc drags himself home, only to see his pictures all over the floor. Mc grandpa dies of anger(?) Mc family doesnt know that he has a job, thinks that hes been out "playing" this whole time. Mc is too ashamed to see his family. (I feel so sad here... Mc is so misunderstood and doesnt get the support he really needs)

Mc hides in his and mls secret hideaway from when they were kids. Mcs "friends" find him and beat him up again, and rape him again. Mc kills them in a surge of adrenaline. Mc calls the police, ask them not too tell his family, and pretends hes going attack the police officer talking to him so that the other police outside shoots him dead. :blobconfounded:

After his rebirth, mc keeps up a happy, obedient front so his family wont worry, but he's really depressed, and wishes he had died for real. He even tried to commit suicide after he wakes up from his first time xxx with ml (mc thought it was a dream +drunk ) cause he still thought that ml and sis was in love and hes going to ruin their marriage again. Ml/family is slowly healing mc, which is where all the fluff comes from.

there is also a female transmigrater that is a villian. Apparently mcs part is only the background for the novel. Ml is the novel ml, mc is his "white moonlight(?)" Fl is the girl mc briefly dated (2weeks)wherein he figured out hes gay and his feelings for ml

Very dogblooded novel story:
    ml came back after he got news of mcs death (only 1yr passes since he left oversea) he thought that with mcs familys power, mc could live a worryfree life, didnt expect mcs family to bankrupt. Ml is heartbroken, especially when he sees mcs tormented body. Some time later, fl is working at mls company, and she has a crush on ml. Ml always looks at her, bc she was the only one mc ever dated, and he thinks about mc when he sees her. People in the company all think ml is interested in her. Ml gets drugged with aphrodisiac and sleeps with fl. Ml throws money at her in the morning and leaves, but then fl gets pregnant. Ml tells her to get a abortion. Fl is harassed by other peopl in company who also like ml. Fl runs away to have baby. Fl meets ml#2 who likes her, and always helps her. Ml finds fl after 3years and kidnaps her back and keeps her locked up in his house (why???)ml#2 goes to mcs family to persuade ml to let fl free. (Ml helped mcs family after mcs death, hes really close with the family, not just bc of mc) ml is convinced to free fl, fl even more in love with ml, cause during her captivity, she realizes that ml is not perfect and hes still heartbroken about mc
    somehow they end up getting married in the end(not quite sure why this happens...)

Female transmigrater comes 2years before novel events starts, she is in fls body. Currently she is together with mcs evil friend (selling her body) and plotting ways to attract ml earlier. Very spoiled and delusional/chunni mind character...

15. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also editing the summary a bit: (esp last two sentences)

Bai YiHan was a spoiled little brat, always creating trouble, finally caused his family to bankrupt, his lover ran away, caused his own death.

After rebirthing, he decided to turn over a new leaf and be a good child, however, a lot of things were not as he expected...

Bai Dad & mom : our son became so good, must be because someone bullied him, this cant be forgiven!

Bai older bro & older sis: if the cost of our little brother becoming sensibile is him suffering hardships, then I'd rather he stay a spoiled brat forever!

Mu JingYuan(ml) : if Han Han (mcs nickname) hits you, then you should endure it, but you dodged...sun is setting...Its time someone goes bankrupt and let Han Han laugh a bit...(this whole part is adapting an idiom(?) 天凉王破 )

Bai YiHan(mc): ...., I was so spoiled in my past life, you guys contributions cannot be ignored!

16. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to add this in previous post so i just reply here, i think the whole sentence can be fixed if you change it to :
    "If my little brother's sensibility is at the expense of him suffering..."

Him makes it so that it tells us mc (the subject) is suffering

His makes suffering an object , which makes it sound like suffering is something mc owns

So you would ask, at the expense of what?
    My little brother suffering.
    Just replace that with pronoun "him" = him suffering.

So there is nothing wrong with the idiom, its used perfectly fine. You can google "him vs his" for better grammar explanation if someone is interested

.. but i just reworded the whole thing instead :blobjoy:

Edit: i found a good explanation:
    “Him” is used to refer to a person who has already been mentioned while “his” is used to convey ownership or possession.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    c3ltic likes this.
  17. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link

This makes me really want to read it. But only after it was completely translated, just to save me the frustration that I know I would experience of it was suddenly dropped or even only having weekly updates. (Like so many of my other stories and the reason for teaching myself Chinese).

:blobparty:

You made much more sense than I did. :blobokhand:

I thought about it too much. My brain fried itself, which always happens when it comes to grammar.

18. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 for pickup :)

19. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jumping in to say I'm tentatively gonna translate this. (Will update again in 1 week's time)

omg, people actually want this translated even though I was dissuaded by its average ratings. omg, yes. I love this novel. This shit made me cry at the ending even though it bored me at the novelist arc. If anyone wants me to spoil the whole thing, I 1000% will because I love this as much as my cats.

20. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for translating.