Spoiler Reborn into a Hamster for 233 Days

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Igemona

Igemona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. maimim

maimim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like the layout went back to normal? Before that the text was actually able to be highlighted and was jumbled up together. But yeah, now only half of the chapter is accessible.

3. Igemona

Igemona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I knew this will happen, I'd save text, when I could. :cry:

4. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    has anybody tried the app? It sounds a bit shady to me?

5. maimim

maimim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried on my tablet, but it gave a warning and said that it could harm my tablet. So...

6. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice :p let's wait for the translation. Thankfully this story is being translated:cookie:

maimim likes this.
  7. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought of something. Why does yl name all his pets Fishy?

Does it have anything to do with Xiao Yu?
    I mean him as the ‘Mr. Mystery’ yl dub. Cause his signature is that of a fish?

8. hmudara

hmudara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it have nothing to do with Xiao Yu. Ml use to have cat who love to eat fish so he name his cat "fishy" .
    Ml name hamester Xiao Yu after his cat (who died after 2 weeks) because he think it will protect the hamster.

9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_singing:Gratz for completion. Looking forward to your translations @Iamfeiii :sushi_singing:

Iamfeiii likes this.
  10. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
  11. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried mtl and have no problem though . . . what's happening ?

12. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrug* just sharing? :blobwhistle: and so that I can just click the link here cause i dont wanna bookmark it in my laptop .
    Why cant we have hamsters as emoticons?

13. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you have problem mtl-in in that site and wanted to know whether other also have the same problem :blobrofl:

14. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt: hohoho. Sorry about that. :blobpats:

15. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried mtl and you only get parts of the vip restricted chapters not the full chapter

16. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    *ponders to read or not read*
    I'll just try maopaoke then :cookie:

17. 11thAgent

11thAgent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fumes of frustration.

Well, at least where I currently am in the story:
    I don't know, maybe I really like couples that stand and fight together? It's just so frustrating that the ML keeps hiding things from the MC and prevents anyone from telling the MC what is going on. All was fine when the MC was still a hamster (spoiler >_>) but once he is a human, the ML still seems to be treating him like a pet. That to me is extremely irritating. Especially when in consideration what the MC usually is in relation to the reader.

In many cases (not always), the protagonist is the source of emotional connection a reader has with a story. What we know or experience is through the protagonist. So the fact that everything is hidden from the MC, all the action is also hidden from the reader, leaving everything up to the imagination. This just seems like laziness. We have a passive protagonist that does not for the love of God strives to know what is happening about situations that involve him, and for someone like me who is generally curious, THIS IS FRUSTRATING AS HELL.

There are so many signs that something is not being told, and the MC just doesn't notice. It is unrealistic. If the protagonist doesn't care, then fine. But no, whenever the MC asks, he is fed false information, or misdirected. Most of the time, this is done by the ML. I understand this happening when the MC was still a hamster, and he thought this was his short extension to life so having fun was all he cared for. However, when the two (MC and ML) are no longer in the "Owner/Pet" relationship, then I feel like the ML should respect the MC by telling the truth. If he doesn't want to tell, he can at least say, "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you right now," which he doesn't.

I was already getting annoyed that the MC didn't start fessing up about his situation when he was a hamster. However, there were legit reasons then. One is that the MC probably just wanted to enjoy the last short moment of life. The other probably is because the truth is so absurd, the MC has reasons to fear the outcome. Lastly was due to his mind getting messy and slow as his hamster body started to deteriorate.

My hope is that the MC finds out the truth and seriously berates the ML for treating him like a pet and not a partner. If not that, at least for the MC to find out that the ML has been hiding things and have a proper conversation with the ML like an adult.

Phew...rant over.

18. 11thAgent

Reading List:
    Link
    More fumes.

Okay...Okay. Okay.

Deep breaths...

Is the author trying to make an emotionally abusive parent figure sympathetic??? The author gave her this tragic past, still making her actions be terrible...but at least she has her reasons!

>_>

That is no excuse. Doesn't matter if she had her reasons, that her past made her do the things she did, it is undeniable that she was extremely emotionally abusive to her stepson. the MC keeps trying to justify that what she did was not wrong. That she had no obligation to be nice to him. That she could have been worse....

Sounds a lot like an abusive relationship.

Her actions and words made the MC the way he is, low self-esteem, can't make decisions, and lack confidence. He even admits it himself at one point. And...the author wants to make excuses for her actions...? Or at least make her seem not as bad???

I'm sorry, just because the stepmom recognizes what she did was bad, means nothing if the characters around her (MC and ML) are not doing anything about it. Not only is this a moral issue it's also a character development issue. The MC won't grow or change.

God...I like this novel when the MC was still a hamster. All the cute, dumb things that happened made sense. However, it just feels frustrating and tone deaf with a human MC with the logical intellect of a child.

At one point the ML confronted MC's problem....but then he just sweeps it under the rug and was like, "Don't worry, I'll fix your problem..."

But...His problem is not just the external issue of a stepmom that might refuse a gay stepson, but also the fact that he is a victim of an abusive relationship and should really get help about it.

Siiiiiigh.

19. Nami Heartfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah: *pat pat*

TomiNdumplings and Hanaru like this.
  20. 11thAgent

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the novel is bad...the MC and ML are just not my type of relationship goals.

missycin and mereumsama like this.