LCD Rebuild World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Darkaeluz, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Guessing the end is dead because there is an ln?

2. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully not

3. Rajikai

Rajikai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Na, the author would announce that if it were true. Would leave many fans sour.

4. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    When was the last time the web novel was updated? Raws

5. Rajikai

Rajikai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 Year ago. But to be fair, the author does have a tedency of doing this a lot on this series. his last break was 11 months smh.

6. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Sucks that no one discusses this novel. Good story, not cookie cutter wish fulfilment bullshit that you read every where. MC actively works to improve himself outside of his cheat. His cheat is currently grey where we know there are ulterior motives. Main rival gets killed off and the story drives forward without issues. This is personally in my top 10.

7. doominator10

doominator10 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. There's were some fair criticisms that:
    -the character development is pretty bad (getting stronger on it's own does not count as character development)
    -the dialogue isn't great and the author tends to ramble over the same point too much
    -as a result of ↑ , the chapters can get longer than they really need to be (which I'm personally fine with but ik can be a turn off)

However, the world building is some of the best, or at least one of my favorites on this site. The character development is pretty bad, but the characters themselves are at least consistent, and to me what they do / why they do it generally doesn't feel like general anime bs.

8. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean sure, but wondering where the character development of Akira is supposed to go. Got a guy from the gutter that learns how to kill and then only has his ability to kill as something of value... He's basically been in survival mode for 80% of the novel...not sure where people are expecting him to develop. He is basically a sociopath learning that in the world there's more nuances than kill or be killed, friend or enemy etc. I personally think it's a unique perspective Vs basically every psychopath CN MC, and cookie cutter KN MC. What type of character development are we looking for in a sociopath? Not saying this because the novel is perfect but not quite sure where he develop differently. Also unrelated, him being dense to female affection makes sense here Vs every frustrating JN MC.

9. justme

justme Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just sad that we are finally reaching the hiatus chapter, I love this novel so much

10. doominator10

doominator10 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because it makes sense that his character development is stunted both narratively and as a person in the world itself doesn't make it not bad. It just means it makes sense that it's bad. In this instance, I'm fine with it. Example, no one cared about the complex inner personal struggle between Clark Kent and Superman. It was irrelevant to why people enjoyed his story, for the time. Here though, if people want or expect more nuanced charaters, then this story is unlikely to satisfy that. If I want more nuance in my characters, I'll go rewatch Monogatari for the 8th time or something. These characters are more a vehicle for the reader to explore the interesting world imo.

And yeah, it makes sense why he's dense to female affection here as well. From day1, that's something Alpha has been explicitly trying to guard Akira against and the only other female who has shown him affection (Carol) has destroyed the lives of countless men in her honeytrap. Understandably, he's a bit weary getting intimately involved with her, despite being her friend, or anyone.

Edit: yeah there is also Sheryl and the other girls, so Carol being the only girl was mistaken. Woops. Point still stands.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022