Discussion Recent 1-star ratings

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by admira, May 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    You can say that about any review or reviewer who post a rating and has no plans to re-update/evaluate when a novel is under 50 releases with 20 being the bare minimum to seeing how story progression will almost likely be carried out for the foreseeable future. If your going to be realistic then reviews under 100 have almost no clue about the overall development for most novels as especially the case in Xianxia the story is 'Just' getting started.

- Its best to think of the ratings under 20 to be 'First Impressions' for those who are considering reading the newest novels, sadly these types are often done in the extremes (1's & 5's) instead of practical or rational and don't often get updated and stain the ratings for the future.

- Later ratings with reviews that aren't by people who write their opinions instead of actual facts with impressions are the ones I tend to focus on the most. Not the reviews with no stars and a few short sentences.

- Only Veterans give good reviews for the early chapters I always look for the well known in the community and even some newbies will give good reviews that are informative.

- A low rating might often come from someone whose read the complete story Raw and don't wish to spoil with reviews but secretly rate so that it doesn't get more attention and investment than it needs (I guess)

There is also times that I had tried in the early days to review a novel on my game consoles web browser (computer wasn't working or in shop) or phone and I gave a 1 star by accident while trying to give a 4 or 5. There could be similar circumstances. I've long since forgotten which novel it was since I was using another account which I thought was bugged and decided to make a new one... forgot the user name so can't do anything bout the rating.

CDLevit, Sircus and Astaroth like this.
  2. Neydomus

Neydomus Non-Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you do know that the star ratings arent for translation but rather the novel itself?
    did you read the whole raws to decide that the story doesnt deserve those 1-star ratings?

while there are alot of fuckboys that rate low simply because *reasons*
    there are also people that rate after reading the raws

Lagu, DarkArts and Sircus like this.
  3. Raenef

Raenef Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you dislike the tags don't read it, if you read it because it sounds interesting why not rate

And those who dislike why should they not rate low if others may high

4. Kiari

Kiari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe NU should put 1-star (Bad, don't read this crap)? But still... I read some novels where it gets worst in the middle of story (with no improvement), but it still got plenty of 5-stars. I mean really? Is my taste different or I'm just seeing 1-star as 5-star.

5. Raenef

Raenef Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So if the translation is unreadable but the story is good 5 stars?

If you can read the raws why read the translation?

Lagu likes this.
  6. SazzyD

SazzyD <Friendly Neighborhood Mercenary>

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if some one rate it 1 if you like it you should read it....
    Even if some one rate it 5 if you dont like it you should drop it (and rate it 1:LOL:)
    [​IMG]

luffyzorosanji and Sircus like this.
  7. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm going to give everything 1 star cuz i feel like it

8. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    That's good:
    image.jpeg

9. Neydomus

Neydomus Non-Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sure, why not.
    i mean there are people that like the story and all but the translation sucks so they only give it 4 stars, and thats perfectly normal.
    i mean if everyone could abide by the same rules there would be no racism and shit like that yknow, but sadly the world is not ideal.

this. is. the choice. of the reader yknow.

what if theres a japanese/chinese/alien guy trying to learn english? is he not allowed to read the english translations?
    or what if theres a reviewer that simply likes to recommend novels he likes to others?

or do you perhaps think that this website is only used by the american and british people?
    that the only people that come here speak english as their first language?

... i think im getting of target... well who cares, im out.

Ai chan and Sircus like this.
  10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes when I see people voting 1-stars when there's less 3 chapters up, I voted 5-star even when I haven't read it yet. I did this with Sisters Violated story, because it was only one chapter with nothing going on and yet so many people voted 1-stars. You guys forced my hand because of your prejudice. We should encourage more literature, not condemn it. For Americans, condemning any form of literature just because you have a prejudice against it goes against the very foundation of your country. If people back then were like you 1-star prejudicers, To Kill A Mockingbird wouldn't have been published and we wouldn't see any of Mark Twain's books at all.

Why would you give a story that only has 1 chapter 1 star? Because it has netorare? That's not a valid reason. You hate a tag, go somewhere else or report it. It's not against NU's rules, so nothing will be done even if you do report, so just go somewhere else. The rating system is to rate how enjoyable it is or how well it is written for those who actually read it. It's not for you to poison others to join your banner. I dislike harem and xianxia genre, if I follow your reasoning, then all harem and xianxia will be voted 1-star.

I hate Toyota cars. Just because I hate Toyota cars, is it okay if I set all Toyota cars I see on fire? If I hate the design of your house or you have a vase made in Taiwan in your house, is it fine if I smash your house with a wreckingball?

Now, legitimate 1-stars because the story just sucks or the writing makes you nuts, is fine. I myself had much annoyances with xianxia genres, and because I hate Stellar Transformation so much, I should give it 1-star, but I didn't, because it's not really that bad for those who like it. I just walked away and not look back.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    MadHatter and admira like this.
  11. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's quite a rotten demeanor. The humanity _| ̄|○

12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, I should just kill everyone in France because I hate he French language (y)

Though seriously I think I've only ever rated one novel on NU ever. Though it was a novel I gave 1 stars. But it was also a shitty novel.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Ai chan likes this.
  13. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why :D it depends on the readers themselves. For me, 2/3 means not that good, for others, 1-2 would mean not that good, for some 3-4 is good enough. It depends on the readers so they have to make a choice for themselves, cause the novel I give 3 stars doesn't mean others will give it 3 stars, some will give five stars some 1 star (there is always a combination of 1-5 stars rating in most of the novels), so who will they look to? And let me tell you, I usually am not the first to give a review on the novel.

Ai chan and Sircus like this.